Cleveland Classic XL & XL Custom Driver Preview Thread

Not much more than has been written. Should have some in hand feedback very soon though.

do I need to twist your left arm?

The old look did set it apart, but I can't deny I love the matte black finish. And the B. Asha is probably the best shaft I've ever swung. An even bigger face too? I'm going to mash this thing!

Unfortunately, if you hit it any farther your playing partners are going to test you for PEDs after the round. :act-up:

You absolutely mashed the Classic/B. Asha combo at True Blue. I hate to imagine what you will do with the Classic XL/B. Asha.

Not much more than has been written. Should have some in hand feedback very soon though.

You and GG still have my address, right? :D

I am eagerly waiting to see if this driver is really longer than the original Classic. JB, do you know if all of the B. Asha offerings (e.g., 5x, 7x) will be available in the stock Classic XL? If the Classic XL is truly longer than the Classic, and if I can get a shaft that can stabilize the ball flight, this would appear to be a no-brainer for me.

I am eagerly waiting to see if this driver is really longer than the original Classic. JB, do you know if all of the B. Asha offerings (e.g., 5x, 7x) will be available in the stock Classic XL? If the Classic XL is truly longer than the Classic, and if I can get a shaft that can stabilize the ball flight, this would appear to be a no-brainer for me.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm tempted to ponder this with a 5s if possible, so I could put it head to head with my 4x. I like the B. Asha so much that I want several of them! Haha.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm tempted to ponder this with a 5s if possible, so I could put it head to head with my 4x. I like the B. Asha so much that I want several of them! Haha.

B.Asha in the 4 series. A, R, S, and X

do I need to twist your left arm?

Hoping today is the day and I will be able to assist.

I would believe yes. Just my thought though as I do not have more info than that as of now. Although I could see them sticking wiht a single weight for standard offerings like the 4 series.

I hope it is today, I have been excited about this driver offering for a couple months.

I may have to give the XL Custom a whirl and perhaps replace my Z-Star with it to satisfy my inner club ho.

Have you heard a release date for these yet?

I love the addition of the custom option, it will be great to see some in hand pics and thoughts on these.

I will be really interested to see how available these tips are for shaft testing/swapping.

I feel like this is the biggest plus since i've made the jump to adjustable drivers (razr fit in my case). Want to try a new shaft? just tip and use.

this is the driver news i've been waiting for; i gamed an SL290 with the Miyazaki C.Kua and loved it, but was in a swing funk, and blamed the driver (huge mistake); I loved the feel of the Miyazaki, and cannot wait to try the new B.Asha, and the new Classic in matte black is just sick looking!

Wow, these look great. I've said it would take a lot to pry my Classic out of my bag, this just might do it.

I have been waiting for this to happen. They are stepping up again. I look forward to hitting these. I still love my Classic.

Yep, count me in as another Classic owner that is PUMPED about these drivers! Cannot wait to give these a hit.

I think Cleveland did a very smart thing with this line. Last year they got everyone to notice/talking about the classic with it retro finish. Then we fell in love with the performance. Now they update it and make it more mainstream and I think appeal to more customers with the adjustability.

As much as I wanted to like the Classic, it didn't do it for me. I hope this one is better.

THPing on Tapatalk

Add me to the list that wishes they would have stuck with last years paint scheme. That said, I'm itching to hit these, especially the custom. They'll have to be head and shoulders above to boot my current classic from the bag though.

I didn't see any mention of how 'custom' the Custom XL is. Is it just named that because of the adjustability or will it have a similar program as the custom wedge program?

I didn't see any mention of how 'custom' the Custom XL is. Is it just named that because of the adjustability or will it have a similar program as the custom wedge program?
Im thinking it's "Custom" because of the adjustability. But the Custom badging on it does look a lot like that from the wedges.

Im thinking it's "Custom" because of the adjustability. But the Custom badging on it does look a lot like that from the wedges.

It would be absolutely mind blowing if mycustomdriver were to exist, though, especially with Cobra and Cally going with different color schemes.

I hope this isnt the case.

It would be absolutely mind blowing if mycustomdriver were to exist, though, especially with Cobra and Cally going with different color schemes.

We did dig up some evidence that they purchased the domain name some time ago. whether that means anything is the real question. But they must have thought about it at one point.

I would love mycustomdriver. Purple with orange accents or orange with purple? Hmmmm.....

Back