2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only change I'm contemplating is a 5wood in the bag. I carry a 3 hybo as my 5wood now. I may just add the 5w and keep everything else the same. Or I may go with a 4w behind the 3w as well 3hybrid. This would remove the 58* wedge

I know what irons I want but they haven't released the lofts yet. I just know last year I was kind of shocked at how little I used my 50* and it was kind of a wasted club. I loved it- don't get me wrong. I just never found myself at a distance to use it.

I probably used my 50 less then my 58, and I only used that a handful of times. Mostly everything was my 54.

The only change I'm contemplating is a 5wood in the bag. I carry a 3 hybo as my 5wood now. I may just add the 5w and keep everything else the same. Or I may go with a 4w behind the 3w as well 3hybrid. This would remove the 58* wedge

Do you use your 3 hybrid out of the rough much or primarily as just a gap filler. I would be concerned about substituting a 5 wood for a hybrid if I use it from the rough.

I'm going into my Morgan Cup Bag with some thoughts based on my current bag, but after my fitting next month I know I'll have a better perspective, I know there are a few places I'm set, like Driver and 3 Wood, and on the bottom of my bag with a SW and LW, but from 5w/2h all the way down to GW I'm fairly open for suggestions and insight.

I think I have it set in terms of what I'm looking for:
Driver
3 Wood
2/3 hybrid
3/4 hybrid
5-PW
GW/SW/LW

But I'm still changing that thought process almost daily!!!

U may want a putter :)

I probably used my 50 less then my 58, and I only used that a handful of times. Mostly everything was my 54.

Yup me too. I use my 60 alot too. I know for sure I am going away from the 4 wedge set up though (pw, 54, 60).

Yup me too. I use my 60 alot too. I know for sure I am going away from the 4 wedge set up though (pw, 54, 60).
Im still trying to decide if I want to go 50/54/58 or 50/55/60

Not a big deal to some, but the switch from my current setup of 50/55/60 is driving me crazy. Comfort level and all.

That would be interesting. Going 3w and 4w.

Not a big deal to some, but the switch from my current setup of 50/55/60 is driving me crazy. Comfort level and all.

It is a comfort thing. My set up pre- MC I had added a 50* and used it alot. Then when my Callaway stuff came in it changed my distaces just enough where I didn't use that club. Which was weird because I did use it often with my old set up.

I thought the switch would kill me last year, but instead it gave me more confidence. Early in the year my bunker game was very poor. Switching to 54/58 seemed to free me up a little more because I could blame the new setup. Sand play got much improved since.

I thought the switch would kill me last year, but instead it gave me more confidence. Early in the year my bunker game was very poor. Switching to 54/58 seemed to free me up a little more because I could blame the new setup. Sand play got much improved since.
My 60* is my bunker club. Always has been, and my bunker play is usually quite good (not as good as yorkem's, though).

I threw a 58* in the bag this weekend, and only needed it a few times, and the results were decent. It's a mindset type of thing.

My 60* is my bunker club. Always has been, and my bunker play is usually quite good (not as good as yorkem's, though).

I threw a 58* in the bag this weekend, and only needed it a few times, and the results were decent. It's a mindset type of thing.

I hear you on that. Something I would like is to get wedges early in the club process. I think they take the most time to get used to for me.

Once you get really comfortable with a club like the 60* it's just hard to go away from it. Earlier this year I wanted to drop the 60* to add more room in the top of the bag but I just couldn't get consistent enough with another wedge to justify it.

With all the releases coming down the pipe. How many of you are going to shake it up? Meaning really make some changes to the make up of your bag? Like instead of driver three wood go with driver 2H. Or drop a wedge and add a hybrid? Or space your wedges out like we have seen recently with the WITB from the most recent winners on tour? The light at the end of the equipment release tunnel is not a train. But it could be complete confusion. Lol

Last year I took two 3 woods and 3 wedges. I will definitely only be taking one 3 wood this time, but my wedge setup will probably remain the same. Of course if I choose to change the top end of my bag by adding hybrids or something, I will drop a wedge first.

Man if I didn't have to pay so much for flights that would be a great package. Anyone within driving distance should be jumping all over this baby!

That is a great deal, and I can drive there, I just know I do not have the time in the window they have for it.

I find I can lay open a 56* and flop out of a bunker as well as I can with a 60*, but it is just something I am comfortable with. I think comfort/confidence is what it comes down to, especially when you are talking about your wedge game.

I like to see the clubs talk going on..glad to see I am not the only one undecided about my set-up.

hahahah not a chance. I would guess there isn't 1 person here who has it 100% figured out.

I like to see the clubs talk going on..glad to see I am not the only one undecided about my set-up.

You won't be 100% decided on your set-up AFTER you place the order...comes with being given the keys to the kingdom

I find I can lay open a 56* and flop out of a bunker as well as I can with a 60*, but it is just something I am comfortable with. I think comfort/confidence is what it comes down to, especially when you are talking about your wedge game.
Ya know, I find that I can pull off the same shot with my 55* as well. However, in my mind, I tell myself it's easier to do it with the 60*

I'm stubborn when it comes to wedges. In my personal opinion, a persons wedges set up is more personal and individual than any other club(s) in the bag.

You won't be 100% decided on your set-up AFTER you place the order...comes with being given the keys to the kingdom

So so so true. The pondering goes UP

Ya know, I find that I can pull off the same shot with my 55* as well. However, in my mind, I tell myself it's easier to do it with the 60*

I'm stubborn when it comes to wedges. In my personal opinion, a persons wedges set up is more personal and individual than any other club(s) in the bag.

I agree with that 100% and I do not blame you for being stubborn about your wedges. They can alter your round as well as your entire bag set up, so you should be stubborn.

man you're a smart guy.

Even though I do use the Razr Fit 5 wood, I think I would have been better served to get the Razr X 3 hybrid.

I use my 58* probably the least of any of my clubs, but when I am on a downhill slope greenside, it is so nice to have.

With all the releases coming down the pipe. How many of you are going to shake it up? Meaning really make some changes to the make up of your bag? Like instead of driver three wood go with driver 2H. Or drop a wedge and add a hybrid? Or space your wedges out like we have seen recently with the WITB from the most recent winners on tour? The light at the end of the equipment release tunnel is not a train. But it could be complete confusion. Lol
Really good question and one I've been thinking about lately esp. in seeing some of the tour guys only carrying 2 wedges (based on some of the pics I've seen). Pros in 2 wedges is you can carry an additional long club. I will carry up to a 4 iron with the irons but the wild card is going to be those new Callaway X Utility irons and if I can hit them or not. I am not a big hybrid hitting person basically because I'm just not very good with them right now. I'm hoping these might be for me. I think if I spent time with just 2 wedges I could adjust but as it looks right now I'm sticking with 3 wedges.

How many of you staffers will be setting your bag up specifically for the MC rounds and the conditions of the course even if you would set up your bag differently for your home course?

Chipped via Tapatalk, never chutted.

I've been playing with two additional wedges,(3 total PW 56 and 60). What it has done for me is more mental. I have a distance to shoot for, 110 for me is that yardage I really like. Before I had a 52 in the bag and it hasn't really been missed. This being said, my new wedges I'm thinking about either 55 60 or 53 and 58. This will leave me room at the top of the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back