Cleveland 588 RTX Wedge Preview Thread

Another sweet wedge by Cleveland.
can't wait to hit them.

I have to agree as well on the side that they seem a tad bigger. Will THP be testing these wedges? I'd love to hear the feed back from here on how they preform.

If not, there will be plenty of guys gaming them for the Morgan Cup and I am sure there will be plenty of guys that get them on release.

If not, there will be plenty of guys gaming them for the Morgan Cup and I am sure there will be plenty of guys that get them on release.

Very true.

I'll take the first one.

@CGSrixonTour posted this pic of some new 588 RTX wedges that have been customized. Very similar to the skins on the mycustomwedge site that are available for the 588 PFs

BArqVAOCIAAQOco.jpg
Those look amazing, I wonder if we'll see them in some cleveland staffers bags this year on pga tour.

Those look amazing, I wonder if we'll see them in some cleveland staffers bags this year on pga tour.

No need to wonder. If available, I will have a bag full.

Thanks for posting that pic Dan!

The 54/58 will be in my bag without a single doubt, pretty cool to see that the new ones may be customizable as well. I am seeing a sunburst & checkered possibly in my future.

Thanks for posting that pic Dan!

The 54/58 will be in my bag without a single doubt, pretty cool to see that the new ones may be customizable as well. I am seeing a sunburst & checkered possibly in my future.
You still thinking of going with a 48(ish) CB RTX?

You still thinking of going with a 48(ish) CB RTX?

Doubtful. Thinking I will probably have the TT 49* DW in that spot. I know I can get an iron shaft placed into a wedge but this will really be used for just full shots from 100-110 so I think I would prefer that to be part of the standard iron setup.

Doubtful. Thinking I will probably have the TT 49* DW in that spot. I know I can get an iron shaft placed into a wedge but this will really be used for just full shots from 100-110 so I think I would prefer that to be part of the standard iron setup.
I keep going back and forth on the DW of the TT set and the 50* CB/MB RTX. Tough decision.

I keep going back and forth on the DW of the TT set and the 50* CB/MB RTX. Tough decision.

I hear ya. If the PW loft of the Cleveland iron sets was like 46 and/or if no DW was available, then yes I would definitely get the CB RTX with an iron shaft instead of the wedge shaft. But given that it is available and what I intend to use it for, I don't have much to think about.

I am playing the 588 CB RTX wdges in 52* and 58*, and I am looking to add a 64* wedge. Since they dont make the CB version in a 64, do you think this model would pair well with my existing wedges?

No need to wonder. If available, I will have a bag full.
It's going to be awesome to see the cusotmization in all the cleveland morgan cup bags.

I was just wondering if we might see some on the PGA Tour, I know they do a lot of stampings, it would be fun to see some of this other customization!

Love the look of the 54* wedge in the photo above with the argyle!!! My birthday wish list is complete with that one in mind! I can't wait to hit those...

AA.4t9t85v67fnx

So ridiculously clean looking. I'm personally not a huge fan of any cavity back wedge in terms of look, so I really didn't get geared up like a lot of folks did for the RTX CB. With that said, the release of this wedge has me extremely excited. As some have noted, I see a lot of the CG15 in this which is a great boost to the overall look. Add in some of the new features, and the potential for myCustomWedge.com, and whew..

So excited.

Cookie, Cleveland will definitely put iron shafts in their wedges. I custom ordered a set a while back with Nippon reg flex.

Cookie, Cleveland will definitely put iron shafts in their wedges. I custom ordered a set a while back with Nippon reg flex.

I figured they would as it is fairly commonplace these days.

I just have to think that if this is a club that I am using full shots for 95% of the time from 100-110 at 49 or 50* - is there any advantage to going with the 588 RTX CB or MB versus the MT or TT DW?

You like a little wider sole in general, don't you Cookie? Not giant, but something like the DPC's offer.

I figured they would as it is fairly commonplace these days.

I just have to think that if this is a club that I am using full shots for 95% of the time from 100-110 at 49 or 50* - is there any advantage to going with the 588 RTX CB or MB versus the MT or TT DW?

No huge ones that I can see. If it's mostly full swings, I'd stick with the set wedge. If you're going to use it on long shots from the sand, then I prefer non set wedges there, but that's just me. Do whatever works best for you man.

These wedges look great! They will be in my bag for the MC no doubt. Hopefully we can customize them as well, that would be insane.

You like a little wider sole in general, don't you Cookie? Not giant, but something like the DPC's offer.

Yes, I would agree with that.

No huge ones that I can see. If it's mostly full swings, I'd stick with the set wedge. If you're going to use it on long shots from the sand, then I prefer non set wedges there, but that's just me. Do whatever works best for you man.

That is my thinking as well - use the set wedge for consistency purposes. I struggled this year with my J40 50* (DG Spinner shaft) as I thought it would be a 110 club and I was lucky to hit it 95 yards.

I think you answered your question there yourself man.

Cookie I struggled with that J40 50 as well. Just did not perform to what I expected. The other 2 however performed perfectly fine for me.

I'm in the opposite boat cookie. I love my 50* as my greenside chunk and run club, so never found good results with the matching set wedge. good results on full shots sure, but I used it much more around the green than I did for full shots.

Devils advocate could say to hit better approaches so im not missing the green, but im not that good.

I'm in the opposite boat cookie. I love my 50* as my greenside chunk and run club, so never found good results with the matching set wedge. good results on full shots sure, but I used it much more around the green than I did for full shots.

Devils advocate could say to hit better approaches so im not missing the green, but im not that good.

Same here. Mine gets far more use as a true wedge rather than an extension of my irons.

Back