The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vick is old, damaged goods. Doesn't have the step he used to when he first came out.

Weird how when they gave him the contract he was the 2nd coming and then he had a bad year and he is broken down. Not directing that at you my whispering friend. Same thing for Peyton Manning. He went from MVP candidate to a bum that should retire in 1 game.

I am not taking it hard. Simply stating my opinion. We are allowed to do that right? I dont care about either of them to be honest.

I wasn't trying to be confrontational bud. Just wondering if maybe you didn't like Kelly or Philly.

LOL at a tweet I just saw that I had to retweet: "Leaving Oregon for Philadelphia is pretty much a direct analogy of leaving the Shire to go to Mordor."

I wasn't trying to be confrontational bud. Just wondering if maybe you didn't like Kelly or Philly.

We are buds now? I didnt know that. Haha I wasnt either man. I really do hate the Eagles and their fans for the most part and this should make me happy because they will continue to fail.

We are buds now? I didnt know that. Haha I wasnt either man. I really do hate the Eagles and their fans for the most part and this should make me happy because they will continue to fail.

Dude ur just angry, you need a hug, why you heff to be mad?

or a good pants splitting

Weird how when they gave him the contract he was the 2nd coming and then he had a bad year and he is broken down. Not directing that at you my whispering friend. Same thing for Peyton Manning. He went from MVP candidate to a bum that should retire in 1 game.

That bad year though was a result of a terrible o-line. Him getting ran over half the game wasn't his always his fault when people couldn't block. Because of it, he got all banged up, broken, and concussed. No QB can stick around in the league for long getting ran over like he did this year.

Now the plot heightens. Which guy do I keep in my non-ppr league. Ray rice, megatron, or shady McCoy.

I know, I know... #1stWorldProblems.

I really like megatron so far. Rice is only going to keep losing more carries to pierce. Megatron has records to break

Ray Rice. Megatron is a decent option. McCoy is going to lose touches to Brown.

Ray looked a little shaky the last few games. Only problem with Megatron is that you know the ball's probably going to go to him so he's gonna have more coverage. Even then, he still had a stud year.

That ship has sailed, the underclassman deadline to declare for the draft was yesterday.

As Peter King just posted on Twitter, Chip Kelly pulled a Nick Saban: deny deny deny and then take a job in the end. Of course, Saban went the other direction, but you get what I'm saying. I can't wait to see this guy in the NFL. Just look at how well the read option has worked for the 49ers and the Redskins this year and then expand that. Lesean McCoy is going to have a HUGE year in that offense, no matter who the QB is.

The Wildcat worked for a year or two also, among other non-NFL styles, but they've never been nothing more than a fad. Granted there may be enough athletic QBs (RGIII, Newton, Wilson, Kap, etc) but the risk of injury is too great for this read option fad to become the norm.

The Wildcat worked for a year or two also, among other non-NFL styles, but they've never been nothing more than a fad. Granted there may be enough athletic QBs (RGIII, Newton, Wilson, Kap, etc) but the risk of injury is too great for this read option fad to become the norm.

The read option works because no one can touch a qb without getting flag for a personal foul.

The read option works because no one can touch a qb without getting flag for a personal foul.

Well, it's a read option, they are running the ball, injury risk is too high for this to become an NFL long term offense.

Well, it's a read option, they are running the ball, injury risk is too high for this to become an NFL long term offense.

If they start incorporating some read-option passes, this "fad" can be around for a couple more years, and possibly even become the normal.

Basically, give the QB an option to run or pass AFTER the fake to the RB. If he miss-reads the end on the read-option, he has a hot route or at least a receiver down field that knows a pass might be coming. Therefor he doesn't get tackled or hurt trying to run the ball. This way, they can be around a little longer than just the standard read-option.

Now the plot heightens. Which guy do I keep in my non-ppr league. Ray rice, megatron, or shady McCoy.

Megatron because he is the top receiver in the league. And probably will be for a while. Rice is good, but not nearly as reliable IMO.

@mortreport: Chip Kelly is the new coach of the Philadelphia Eagles, according to league sources. No announcement yet.

Granted, he was also the coach of the Buccaneers for about 15 minutes, but let's see how that plays out today.
UGH! There just is not much good I have to say about this move. The only way to compound the move further is to keep Vick and his bloated salary next year!

So how long until Philadelphia has 55 jersey options!!!

Sounds official that Gus Bradley, former Seahawks DC, will be the new Jags head coach. Hmmm. I thought for sure they'd hire an offensive guy as HC. We'll see how it goes. Don't know a lot about him, but the Seahawks have had a pretty good defense for years, so hopefully he had something to do with that. We certainly need defensive help, but better players and fewer injuries would be the key to that, not a new coach, the current coaching staff had them almost top 5 in 2011.

Sounds official that Gus Bradley, former Seahawks DC, will be the new Jags head coach. Hmmm. I thought for sure they'd hire an offensive guy as HC. We'll see how it goes. Don't know a lot about him, but the Seahawks have had a pretty good defense for years, so hopefully he had something to do with that. We certainly need defensive help, but better players and fewer injuries would be the key to that, not a new coach, the current coaching staff had them almost top 5 in 2011.
I wonder with a DC hiring they'll forget about Tebow Time now!!!

I wonder with a DC hiring they'll forget about Tebow Time now!!!

The new GM had pretty much put the kibosh on Tebow talk at his press conference last week. Thank God.

The new GM had pretty much put the kibosh on Tebow talk at his press conference last week. Thank God.
I know, but I never believe anything I hear anymore, so I think there's still a chance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back