What are some of the lowest spin Driver shafts and heads?

Teddy

Reaction score
Handicap
Can you guys help me out with finding out what some of the lower spin driver shafts and heads are?!!!

Cleveland Classic
Bridgestone J40

TapaTalk from the iPhone

Bridgestone J40 and Cleveland Classic are good places to start for driver heads. You can probably find an R11 for good prices now, that was also low spin.

R9 SuperDeep
PING Anser

For shafts, there are hundreds really.

Matrix Black Tie
Miyazaki Kusala Black
Aldila RIP Alpha
Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina
Oban Kiyoshi

To name a few. If you wanted the lowest possible combo, Anser w Kiyoshi would probably be it.

THPing on Tapatalk

Ping Anser

This is some great info.

The shaft I am using in my driver is pretty low spin. (see signature)

Shafts
Matrix Black Tie
Mitsubishi Diamana Ahina
Rip Alpha

Heads
R9 Superdeep
R11 Dot
R11 V2
R1
913 D3
Anser

Cleveland Classic
Bridgestone J40
Hands down.

Cleveland Classic
Bridgestone J40
Hands down.

JB, Are there any shafts you can recommend as "low spin" or is that more dependent on the golfer's swing than the head is? Am I wrong to assume that the stiffer the shaft, the lower the spin will be?

Teddy, Why are you looking for extreme low spin options?

JB, Are there any shafts you can recommend as "low spin" or is that more dependent on the golfer's swing than the head is? Am I wrong to assume that the stiffer the shaft, the lower the spin will be?

Could be, but not always. The Kusala Black was one of the best low spin shafts for me I ever hit.

f

I have a very high ball flight with my driver. When I was fitted last spring I had an average spin of 4000 rpm. The fitting was done at a local GG and I didn't have many different shaft choices.every Next month I will be going to this place called Champion golf fitters. They have a wide range of shafts that they can put on any brand of head, so hopefully I can bring that spin down a bit.

I don't know what set up you're playing, but spin issues can be tough to tame if it's not the equipment's faults.

It's all a combination of head, shaft, flex, swing, loft, etc. What is low spin for one may not be low spin for all. My suggestion is go get a fitting and get something specific to you. In my area there a few groupon deals right now for club fittings pretty cheap from a number of club makers.

I don't know what set up you're playing, but spin issues can be tough to tame if it's not the equipment's faults.
I have the Rocketballz Tour 9*, adjusted to play at 10.5* with the stock shaft. I think it's the xcon 6.

It's all a combination of head, shaft, flex, swing, loft, etc. What is low spin for one may not be low spin for all. My suggestion is go get a fitting and get something specific to you. In my area there a few groupon deals right now for club fittings pretty cheap from a number of club makers.

This is so true....not everyclub will spin less for the same person and same goes for shafts but some KNOWN to be low spinning head and shafts just to name a few are listed below!

Shafts:
Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard, Ahina, B series...and even the D+
Graphite Design AD DI and BB
Aldila RIP Alpha
Oban Kiyoshi Purple, Black, White
Fujikura Motore Speeder shafts as well

Heads:
Cleveland Classic
Bridgestone j40
Titleist 910/913 D3
Ping Anser

There are many more shafts and heads but to each individual there will be different results and this is for equipment not equipment + User which will yield different results! I Buy and Try as I do not live in an area at the moment to have the luxury to test all I want and lose a lot of money doing so but tons of shaft options are out there and Club heads as well....do some research on different stuff and try stuff out if you can! I have tried half of the stuff listed and it works awesome for me! As for why others are wondering why you want to lower your spin....well i do not know many people who want high spin so it makes perfect sense for me! The ball you use can even play into this as well! good Luck!

Take this for what it is, because everybody's very different.

I was in the 4k's last year and tried and tried to find a set up to help me out, but it just didn't happen. The problem is that you want higher launch/low spin and the most solutions to curing spin issues that are caused by swing flaws (not saying that's your problem) are going to drop your launch as well. It's a catch 22, because low launch is going to rob you of distance too if it's too low. Swing changes are about the only thing that dropped my spin in a manner than worked for me.

This is so true....not everyclub will spin less for the same person and same goes for shafts but some KNOWN to be low spinning head and shafts just to name a few are listed below!

Shafts:
Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard, Ahina, B series...and even the D+
Graphite Design AD DI and BB
Aldila RIP Alpha
Oban Kiyoshi Purple, Black, White
Fujikura Motore Speeder shafts as well

Heads:
Cleveland Classic
Bridgestone j40
Titleist 910/913 D3
Ping Anser

There are many more shafts and heads but to each individual there will be different results and this is for equipment not equipment + User which will yield different results! I Buy and Try as I do not live in an area at the moment to have the luxury to test all I want and lose a lot of money doing so but tons of shaft options are out there and Club heads as well....do some research on different stuff and try stuff out if you can! I have tried half of the stuff listed and it works awesome for me! As for why others are wondering why you want to lower your spin....well i do not know many people who want high spin so it makes perfect sense for me! The ball you use can even play into this as well! good Luck!

Thanks for the info. It seems like the Cleveland classic is what everyone is saying to try. And now I see Cleveland is coming out with another one in Feb. This is going to get interesting...but fun!!

Classic will also depend on the shaft. Some people found it too spinny.

Take this for what it is, because everybody's very different.

I was in the 4k's last year and tried and tried to find a set up to help me out, but it just didn't happen. The problem is that you want higher launch/low spin and the most solutions to curing spin issues that are caused by swing flaws (not saying that's your problem) are going to drop your launch as well. It's a catch 22, because low launch is going to rob you of distance too if it's too low. Swing changes are about the only thing that dropped my spin in a manner than worked for me.

Hawk, it sounds like you know exactly what I'm going through. Through lessons this summer my swing has improved and I am wondering what the spin will be this time out. hopefully it all comes together at the fitting.

Hawk, it sounds like you know exactly what I'm going through. Through lessons this summer my swing has improved and I am wondering what the spin will be this time out. hopefully it all comes together at the fitting.

I sure do. It SUCKS too, because you can have some pretty good ball speed and just lose all your distance in spin. I was swiping the ball, cutting across it, whatever you want to say. It just made for spinny nightmare.

Good luck with it!

I think the Bridgestone J40 445 is low spin. I love it. Gonna be hard to keep it out e bag.

At my driver fitting a couple of years ago i was getting about 4500 rpms with the Cobra L4VX. They worked me through the Taylormade R9 and it came down a bit. The ping line each brought it down some. We moved to the Titleist line and i swung and couple of different shafts. I ended up with the Diamana Ahina in a x-stiff. It got me down to about 2500 rpm. The fitter also closed the face lowered the loft from 8.5 to 7.75 degrees. I haven't changed the setting since i bought hte driver. Seems to be working. Ball flight is more piercing and it's so much better playing in the wind.

Check out the House of Forged line.

Back