New guy from Akron Ohio area

godfather

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been at a competing forum for a long time and have been visiting here just as much lately.

I am in my final semester teaching and getting my PhD and so I will be moving to be a tenure-track professor somewhere else this summer. Golf course availability and affordability are definitely one of the factors in making a decision!

I run a 40 man golf league and will be sad handing it off to someone else. Wherever I move I will try and find a way to run a league within a couple years. I really enjoy it and I provide an abundance of stats and figures that people on here would probably love.

Welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to Paradise!

Welcome to THP

Welcome to THP! Great place to be!

Good to see another area native. Welcome

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP, man. I am also originally from Canton, although I am not part of the robman/mikedean lineage. I live in Cbus now after graduating from Ohio State a couple years back.

Have you ever gotten to get out to or played Firestone? I love that course, took lessons there in high school and have loved it ever since, plus I love going to the Bridgestone there.

Welcome!

Welcome fellow Buckeye. Us Ohioians get together quite often to play. You should join up with us sometime.

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the site! I'm in the later stages of a Ph.D. program myself, so I'm with you on that one.

welcome to THP. There is w a THP Invitational in April down around Cincy, also there are a bunch of WNY golfers that have mentioned getting together in the spring up in NY.

Welcome and enjoy! Grew up half way between Akron and Youngstown and graduated from Kent State. Loved that area for it's golf. There were always a lot of good courses at reasonable rates and they usually weren't all that crowded.

Welcome!

Welcome to THP!!!

Welcome to THP! You're gonna love it here.

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP, man. I am also originally from Canton, although I am not part of the robman/mikedean lineage. I live in Cbus now after graduating from Ohio State a couple years back.

Have you ever gotten to get out to or played Firestone? I love that course, took lessons there in high school and have loved it ever since, plus I love going to the Bridgestone there.
Thanks. I've played Firestone West and been to the PGA tournament there many times. I really want to play the North course.

Welcome to the site! I'm in the later stages of a Ph.D. program myself, so I'm with you on that one.
What area? When will you graduate?

Back