Ernie Els is one player that comes to mind, that you ALWAYS see hitting balls with alignment sticks down. And he's pretty good. Ernie has admittedly said he struggles with his ball position from time to time. He said his ball position being off even an inch, can throw his game into a world of hurt. I use mine primarily for aim, but I will lay one down to work on ball position as well.

You can use them for a variety of things. Plant one at an angle in the ground, so you can correct your take away. Some people have a person stand facing them, with the stick pressed up against the side of their face, so they don't move their head. Pretty cheap investment, that can be used a variety of ways.

Ernie-Els-PGA_600_0.jpg

images

morodz-golf-alignment-sticks-2.jpg

a20792b12befb2ae9d4283_m.JPG

This thread reminds me, I lost my alignment stick when I was moving everything down here. I have no clue where it is. I really missed them on the range yesterday. I need to get some more.

Bought mine from Lowe's. Drive way markers. I can't see that my $2.00 sticks, work any less than the $30 ones you buy in golf stores. Mine stay in the bag and come out often on the range.

Thank you sir.....I think I will be going to Lowes!!!

They're all the same, whether you pay $30 or $2.

I must respectively disagree. My alignment sticks were a bargain at $15 because the are PERSONALLY endorsed by none other than Hank Haney himself. They even have his name on them. It's like I am being coached by Hank Haney every time I hit the range. They are almost priceless.

Never thought about the driveway markers...nice. Been using my fish sticks for work, but they are a bit skinny...and faded. Nice timing for some savings.

Yeah I got mine at Lowes home improvement for $2 each, all you have to worry about is the pointy end-don't get fiberglass on your finger. I also noticed they were a little long for my taste but hey if they save me a lot of money instead of paying $10 for each, then I don't mind. I did however see a seller on ebay selling these driveway markers for $15 each saying they were golf specific. . .

I did however see a seller on ebay selling these driveway markers for $15 each saying they were golf specific. . .

Imagine that...lol. I had the fiberglass issues with the fish sticks, they had been used quite a bit already. I actually sprayed them with a clear coat, or I guess you could use a color if you wanted. That helped for a little while, but then that's an added expense as well unless you've got some laying around. Which I bet you do Uriel, you paint fill master!

Imagine that...lol. I had the fiberglass issues with the fish sticks, they had been used quite a bit already. I actually sprayed them with a clear coat, or I guess you could use a color if you wanted. That helped for a little while, but then that's an added expense as well unless you've got some laying around. Which I bet you do Uriel, you paint fill master!

haha thanks man, that's a really good Idea! I should try that out!

Golf Alignment Sticks

Golf Alignment Sticks

I have used alignment sticks to help with alignment and other drills unfortunately I purchased at a golf store for way to much you can get the same
fiberglass sticks at Lowe's for $2.00 each. The sticks are great for many different golfing drills.

Yes. I did the same thing. It was stupid.

I know, it's crazy, I got mine at a dollar store for $2.

Driveway markers. I have yet to see anyone at the range with the "golf training aid" sticks who wasn't given or won them.

I know, it's crazy, I got mine at a dollar store for $2.
That's a great deal.

I just shortened mine so they aren't taller than my driver. I didn't like them sticking out that high.

I lay clubs down.

Lowes or hole Depot, $2.99

I got a pair (in a plastic case) on clearance from Dick's a couple years ago for five bucks. They live in my bag full-time and I always use one on the range.

IMO they are about the cheapest practice/training aid that you can get.

I also lay them parallel on the living room floor and use them to practice getting the touch right on four-footers (don't touch the rods, move them closer if it's too easy). This little drill definitely helped me on the green.

That's a great deal.

I just shortened mine so they aren't taller than my driver. I didn't like them sticking out that high.

I actually like that as I put my putter and wood/hybrid headcovers on the sticks whenever I pull one of those clubs to hit. I never have to wonder where I put the headcover when I come back to the cart. Also as a added bonus the headcovers slide down far enough on the sticks that they don't fall off when my playing partner moves the cart if I pull my putter for a chip and then short walk to the green.

I actually like that as I put my putter and wood/hybrid headcovers on the sticks whenever I pull one of those clubs to hit. I never have to wonder where I put the headcover when I come back to the cart. Also as a added bonus the headcovers slide down far enough on the sticks that they don't fall off when my playing partner moves the cart if I pull my putter for a chip and then short walk to the green.

I do the same thing! :act-up:

Guess they are useful for more than just alignment.

Ken

I use clubs on the ground. Really useful for checking ball position for me.

Good to use to make sure you are squared up or making sure the club swing path is on plane.....I picked up 4 neon yellow ones at Lowes for dirt cheap...Never pay full price or "Alignment Rods" at the golf shop when Yard/Driveway Markers are basically the same thing, just packaged differently!!!!

I lay clubs down.

I use clubs on the ground. Really useful for checking ball position for me.

You can't stick clubs in the ground that easily.

A lot of the value in having alignment sticks are the "gate" drills, whether it's starting the ball through a gate, a gate for swing plane, or a gate for swing path. Also putting drills are surely harder with grips or heads on the end.

You can't use the sticks on the course in competition but there still is a way of getting your alignment correct. Stand behind the ball with your right arm outstretched over the ball and aimed at the target now look back along that line and pick a target a few feet in front of the ball a leaf or diviot anything along the target line, that will be what you aim your club at. Now ourstretch your left arm parallel to you right arm and look along that line and pick a target in the distance a tree or something that will be the line your feet should be on. Then just try to hit the ball over the target you have picked just in front of the ball, don't be tempted to look at the target in the distance just concentrate on the intermidate target you have picked and swing away.

Back