Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

I was able to hit the 6i of both the DPC and CB. I was hitting them 10-20 yards longer than my Mizuno T-Zoids. It's safe to say that I am going to leave the lofts alone. I will just adjust to the clubs accordingly.

I know Howzat asked for CB PW last year bent weaker and it wasn't allowed.

I was able to hit the 6i of both the DPC and CB. I was hitting them 10-20 yards longer than my Mizuno T-Zoids. It's safe to say that I am going to leave the lofts alone. I will just adjust to the clubs accordingly.

I think thats the way to go, u will have plenty of time to dial in your distances before hand too!

Or....just choke down an inch if you desperately need to hit that gap yardage.

Just a thought.

Not all of us are as good as you!

Gap wedge added to the DPC sets would be very nice.

I agree - don't see a GW happening for this year. If set on a GW, having a PW bent to 49* is an option. I think I would have been more successful with that rather than the 52* wedge that was bent to 50*.

Or....just choke down an inch if you desperately need to hit that gap yardage.

Just a thought.

exactly, Ive done that many a time rather than go to my 50* cleveland

Not a "need" I can live without it. Choke down is an option of course.

I am wavering on the bending of all the clubs.. I have found surprising distance out of these clubs ( the two I have...lol ) versus what I currently play.

I wonder why?

That was because it was in addition to the DPC PW, correct? Because he requested 2 of them?

Site indicates they can be bent +/- 3* but I can see the issue with 2 PW's.

Absolutely.

I actually am going to ask for my irons bent 2* weak. With a stock DPC 3i. All +1.5"..... If theyll let me :)
So... PW @ 48*?

That was because it was in addition to the DPC PW, correct? Because he requested 2 of them?

Site indicates they can be bent +/- 3* but I can see the issue with 2 PW's.

correct. He wanted a DPC PW and a CB PW bent weak to play as a gap wedge. Similar to what Thainer is talking about with the 3 irons.

In the CBs that would make it 49*....
I could dig on that setup. Actually, makes a lot of sense to me, the numbers on the irons would confuse me a bit with the weak lofts, but basically turning your PW in to a GW and then so on.

I dont have a problem hitting the ball far so I dont have an issue with whatever numbers my clubs go, as long as they go straight and the same distance every time.
I could dig on that setup. Actually, makes a lot of sense to me, the numbers on the irons would confuse me a bit with the weak lofts, but basically turning your PW in to a GW and then so on.

I'm starting to lean toward the DPC's. Now the shafts are in full ponder mode. I could dig those Aerotechs very easily and be a happy camper. But I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm hoping the Recoils become an option.

I'm starting to lean toward the DPC's. Now the shafts are in full ponder mode. I could dig those Aerotechs very easily and be a happy camper. But I would be lying if I didn't say that I'm hoping the Recoils become an option.

I was 99% certain on the KBS Tour 90s until I started reading more about the Recoils, now its not so high

These irons with a good graphite shaft would be awesome! I'd be in Hog Heaven

I was 99% certain on the KBS Tour 90s until I started reading more about the Recoils, now its not so high

I think I am about to try the Recoil 800 series out in my i20's

I think I am about to try the Recoil 800 series out in my i20's

good way to find out if they work for ya.

If I cant hit them ahead of time, I wotn pull the trigger (if they are available) as Ive already seen what the Tour 90's do for my game and I like it!

looking fwd to hearing more about their customization options later today

Do you think Bridgestone will be releasing a new driver this year? On the lookout for a J40 445 10.5, but might keep my finger off the trigger if they're planning to release something new. DPC's already in the bag :)

Back