Vijay Singh caught with HGH alternative

Just shows anybody will do whatever they have to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just shows anybody will do whatever they have to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sad but true. What bothers me most is that they all have the same excuse. No one knew what they were taking? No one ever knows that a trainer shoving pills or sprays or anything like that is probably bad business?

I wonder how many deer antlers will be worn when Vijay plays 16 at Scottsdale...

I wonder how many deer antlers will be worn when Vijay plays 16 at Scottsdale...

I saw hashtag chad asking the sake thing, I'm guessing quite a few

How can he say he didn't know what was in it? This is taken right from their website....

"The very delicate and unique nutritional properties of S.W.A.T.S Sports Spray (such as IGF-1 and other growth factors) would be completely destroyed by the hydrochloric acid bath in the stomach if digested."

How many average Joe's work out and take supplements? Do they read everything that is in those supplements? We have a cultural problem with a work out culture that doesn't do anything in moderation. Our athletes are a symptom of a societal obsession with a quick fix. Getting old, take a drug, supplement or remedy. Sore from working out, take a cycle of supplements.

I have an acquaintance that is my age, 53. He is sore after playing. He doesn't work out much and wonders why his back aches, his knees are sore and why he is stiff. Instead of working out more and stretching. He has a buddy that is a body builder. His buddy tells him that if he will do a cycle of steroids, he will feel better. No thought of side effects, just the quick fix.

Vjay was looking for the fountain of youth. There isn't one.

I choose to grow old gracefully. I can't do the things I used to. Most of us can't. It is neat when we see an athlete that can grow old gracefully and retire. To often these days, we see the opposite, they are disgraced and just go away.

How many average Joe's work out and take supplements? Do they read everything that is in those supplements? We have a cultural problem with a work out culture that doesn't do anything in moderation. Our athletes are a symptom of a societal obsession with a quick fix. Getting old, take a drug, supplement or remedy. Sore from working out, take a cycle of supplements.

I have an acquaintance that is my age, 53. He is sore after playing. He doesn't work out much and wonders why his back aches, his knees are sore and why he is stiff. Instead of working out more and stretching. He has a buddy that is a body builder. His buddy tells him that if he will do a cycle of steroids, he will feel better. No thought of side effects, just the quick fix.

I choose to grow old gracefully. I can't do the things I used to. Most of us can't. It is neat when we see an athlete that can grow old gracefully and retire. To often these days, we see the opposite, they are disgraced and just go away.

Well said!

I hope he watched and learned from Armstrong. And I guess it's better to go with antler spray over the urine... Kidding. Should be interesting to see how this unfolds. First case with golf, they need to handle this right and set precedence.

Precedence is already set. From ESPN: Three years ago, Doug Barron became the first -- and so far only -- player to be suspended during the anti-doping program. He had taken testosterone and beta blockers, although Barron claimed a medical condition that left his testosterone levels well below those of a man his age. He sought a therapeutic use exemption and was denied, but took the substance anyway, failed a drug test and was suspended for a year.

I agree with this, whether the ingredient in the deer antlerspray is deemed to be illegal or not it is clear that his intent was to circumvent the rules on growth hormone abuse.

Amen. Interesting that he backed Stanford right up until he was sentenced to 100yrs!

Now THAT will be funny!!!

I am right there with you. I am slowly accepting some, not all, of my limitations. My lungs don't work very well. I ruptured a disc & have to be very aware of all movements(not easy in my job!) My left knee comes & goes. I have worked out & built more upper body strength; my leg strength is still good. So I am moving slightly forward... Very aware that I will begin to slip back eventually. Maybe then I'll play video games!

I like how some of the guys who I saw get interviewed today were pretty hard on Vijay. Cink was interviewed and said something to the effect of"if you put something into your body and don't know exactly what it is then that's being stupid". Bubba said something like "who would put something named that into your body?". I kind of expected everybody to stick up for him and say they feel bad for him, etc...

Generally, I agree but perhaps the stakes are raised due to the HOF aspect?

For sure, but in the big scheme of things I don't think this will be a huge deal.

I like how some of the guys who I saw get interviewed today were pretty hard on Vijay. Cink was interviewed and said something to the effect of"if you put something into your body and don't know exactly what it is then that's being stupid". Bubba said something like "who would put something named that into your body?". I kind of expected everybody to stick up for him and say they feel bad for him, etc...

I get the feeling that VJ is kind of an asshole. Fred Couples told a story about the presidents cup in regards to VJ that made me dislike him.

I'll wait and hear what happens here ... it's possible he was just endorsing their whole line and doesn't use any of it.

I didn't know anything about this Antler stuff before ... I wonder if controversies like this end up being good for sales of it :(

There's no way. He said he was "Waiting to see if it would work". Clear admission IMO.

I'll wait and hear what happens here ... it's possible he was just endorsing their whole line and doesn't use any of it.

I didn't know anything about this Antler stuff before ... I wonder if controversies like this end up being good for sales of it :(

No, he clearly admitted to using it.

"While I have used deer antler spray, at no time was I aware that it may contain a substance that is banned under the PGA Tour Anti-Doping Policy. In fact, when I first received the product, I reviewed the list of ingredients and did not see any prohibited substances. I am absolutely shocked that deer antler spray may contain a banned substance and am angry that I have put myself in this position."

DJ got suspended and they called it a Jet Ski incident. The PGATour blows.

That would explain why DJ was sticking up for VJ on twitter.

So do you guys think this is cheating? or no?

Personally I do not Trout. I know I'm in a very small minority, but I just don't. Everything I have heard states this is a recovery drug. I don't see a problem with someone taking something to help them get ready to hit more balls. That is just me though. This for me, is a non story that is being blown up because of the sensationalist attitude right now for athletes and PEDS. I say let them take whatever they want that allows them to get into the shape they want to work toward. It's their bodies

Personally I do not Trout. I know I'm in a very small minority, but I just don't. Everything I have heard states this is a recovery drug. I don't see a problem with someone taking something to help them get ready to hit more balls. That is just me though. This for me, is a non story that is being blown up because of the sensationalist attitude right now for athletes and PEDS. I say let them take whatever they want that allows them to get into the shape they want to work toward. It's their bodies

Is this your take on all PEDs or just with the supplement that Vijay was taking?

Is this your take on all PEDs or just with the supplement that Vijay was taking?

All PEDS. These guys are out there for my entertainment. If they want to take something that will help make them stronger or heal quicker, so be it. It's their bodies and it's their workouts. They know the risks and if they want to do it, who am I to say they shouldn't.

All PEDS. These guys are out there for my entertainment. If they want to take something that will help make them stronger or heal quicker, so be it. It's their bodies and it's their workouts. They know the risks and if they want to do it, who am I to say they shouldn't.

I know that above all they are entertainers. But what about preserving some kind of integrity of the sports they are playing? I want to see more HRs, more goals, longer drives and so forth but when I do I don't want to say "oh yea that guy juiced" what happened to hard work?

Society is getting numb when it comes to athletes using a performance enhancing drug. These guys are making a living playing a sport, call it entertainment or what ever. If its deemed illegal by the powers that be then its illegal. I'd a member of the military uses an illegal substance they are discharged. A swift harsh punishment is the only way to nip this in the bud.

I know that above all they are entertainers. But what about preserving some kind of integrity of the sports they are playing? I want to see more HRs, more goals, longer drives and so forth but when I do I don't want to say "oh yea that guy juiced" what happened to hard work?

Are you saying that the guys who are taking PEDS are not working hard? They are doing the workouts otherwise they are just taking some crap and pissing it out for the fun of it. They are still working hard, they are just taking something that will enhance the workout. I don't see a problem with it because again, it's their long term health. If they choose to forego that for the short term strength I don't see how I should tell them that they can't. Personally I would not do it because I want to live a long life with my kids and I don't want my kids taking that stuff either.

Back