Callaway X-Hot Fairway Wood Preview Thread

Nice!!!

Oh how I want to hit this one.

wiggle, that's a pretty 4 wood my man! Let us know how you like it...it is going to be between this and the RBZ Stage 2 for me.

Finally was able to swing the 2H today at the range. Only had about 10 swings in me. First was an awful little line drive and I had an awful feeling like I made a massive mistake. Next 9 shots were absolutely perfect. The exact trajectory I was looking for which is a mid height and just a laser. The feeling off the face is extremely hot like you have nuked that ball. The sound is awesome and takes me back to a long time ago of the older Callaway woods. They always made more of a ting sound which is exactly what this club does. I loved it!

Finally was able to swing the 2H today at the range. Only had about 10 swings in me. First was an awful little line drive and I had an awful feeling like I made a massive mistake. Next 9 shots were absolutely perfect. The exact trajectory I was looking for which is a mid height and just a laser. The feeling off the face is extremely hot like you have nuked that ball. The sound is awesome and takes me back to a long time ago of the older Callaway woods. They always made more of a ting sound which is exactly what this club does. I loved it!

Glad you like it buddy! I got my eyes on another 16 degree hybrid and this is one of my favorites. Not sure if I can generate enough club head speed to get it air born. I'll wait until the outing to check it out!

Glad you like it buddy! I got my eyes on another 16 degree hybrid and this is one of my favorites. Not sure if I can generate enough club head speed to get it air born. I'll wait until the outing to check it out!

OG I have a pretty slow swing speed and I was getting a nice flight out of this club. It really is easy to hit. Far easier for me than a 3W

OG I have a pretty slow swing speed and I was getting a nice flight out of this club. It really is easy to hit. Far easier for me than a 3W

Yea I love a good 16 degree hybrid and no doubt there will be another one in my bag asap.

Nice!!!

Oh how I want to hit this one.

I think I failed to mention that this stick has the Project X 6.5 (prob. saw my signature). The shaft color is more of a soft grey color rather than white, which I prefer. I have a 17* Mizuno MP CLK and it has the Fubuki white shaft and in addition to the color I HATE IT!!! It's like a board and causes premature low hooks... Obviously I haven't hit the X Hot Pro yet but it has enough wiggle in the shaft to make me think this shaft will be hot. I'm playing 6.5 Blacks in my other woods and they absolutely rock for me. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know this is the shaft I went with although I debated on the Black Tie shaft (it's a free shaft upgrade if you order from Callaway, btw) I just don't have ANY experience with that shaft (or brand for that matter). Anyone else tried them? Only reason I ask is because I MAY order the 13.5* X Hot Pro and change-up my wedge configuration if this club works out...

This statement puts me in full ponder mode.

Got a chance to hit the 3 wood and GOOD LORD it's insane. It has a regular shaft but still gave me a good feel for the club. Weighting felt heavier then the Razr X Blacks. First off imperssions Regina said the matte grey crown was nice and i have to admit looking at the graphics on the crown are very cool. Not noticable at all at address.

I only got to hit 3 balls with it. No tracking with cold swings. The guy in store tapped it up so i could see where i hit. First 2 bang smack off the center of the clubface. Couldn't have hit them any better. Last one i topped but only cos i tried to go after it. I'm thinking with the stock stiff shaft this 3 wood is gonna be money

Also spoke to the guy in store about jumping in on their demo day for both iron and driver shaft fitting, he said yeah no problem so happy days i can get in on that too

Got a chance to hit the 3 wood and GOOD LORD it's insane. It has a regular shaft but still gave me a good feel for the club. Weighting felt heavier then the Razr X Blacks. First off imperssions Regina said the matte grey crown was nice and i have to admit looking at the graphics on the crown are very cool. Not noticable at all at address.

I only got to hit 3 balls with it. No tracking with cold swings. The guy in store tapped it up so i could see where i hit. First 2 bang smack off the center of the clubface. Couldn't have hit them any better. Last one i topped but only cos i tried to go after it. I'm thinking with the stock stiff shaft this 3 wood is gonna be money

Also spoke to the guy in store about jumping in on their demo day for both iron and driver shaft fitting, he said yeah no problem so happy days i can get in on that too

I have got to find some time and get out and hit these. Driving me crazy hearing all the chatter without getting a chance for myself.

I have got to find some time and get out and hit these. Driving me crazy hearing all the chatter without getting a chance for myself.

Trust me you won't be disappointed. They have the 3 hybrid in the pro version, the weight was extremely heavy compared to the Razr X

I had a chance to hit an XHot 3 wood today. I really liked the feel of it. I wasn't able to get good info on how far I was hitting it as I found I was putting the ball in spots the launch monitor wasn't picking up (strange) a lot of times. :shrug: I did however really like the feel of it and how the head looks at address. Definitely gotta try this when I can get more feedback on how I'm hitting it.

4 wood with Project X shaft was the best combo for me. Both the fairway woods and hybrids look a few degrees closed at address. Anyone else see that?

I hit the X-Hot today at Golfsmith and my my is it mammoth. You have to warm up to it, but when you do. Get ready. The ball feels very heavy on the face. By heavy, I mean that you can feel the contact and the ball impacting the face. This is hard to come by for me and is an excellent quality. Normally when I feel this, Ball go far. Excited to hit this more.

I hit the X-Hot today at Golfsmith and my my is it mammoth. You have to warm up to it, but when you do. Get ready. The ball feels very heavy on the face. By heavy, I mean that you can feel the contact and the ball impacting the face. This is hard to come by for me and is an excellent quality. Normally when I feel this, Ball go far. Excited to hit this more.
I agree with you. The ball feels great off the face of these clubs. I can't wait to hit this some more tomorrow along with all the other new fairways. Going to be getting numbers against my XCG4 to find which one is the best :)

Trust me you won't be disappointed. They have the 3 hybrid in the pro version, the weight was extremely heavy compared to the Razr X

Really? That surprises me a little. I have a friend that is a lefty and he plays Callaway hybrids. I have hit them a few times and just found them to be effortless to hit well.

I went by Dick's yesterday for the purpose of hitting this club. I've been needing a new 3 Wood as I've just been using demos for the past while and needed to get an actual club in my bag and I've heard too many good things about this not to try it. I constantly hit this thing about 240 -245 and mostly right down the middle every time. I never went very far left or right on this unless it was just a really bad swing. The guy working at Dick's told me I could get about 10 more yards if I would hit the RBZ instead, so I told him to bring it to me. I hit quite a few with that 3 wood as well, and I didn't get the extra distance he told me I would. I was still hitting it almost the same as the Callaway, except I was hitting it way left or way right and never down the middle. The 3 wood has been a club I haven't felt real confident with lately, but after the session I had with it yesterday, I picked one up and will be taking it to the course today. I have a feeling I'm really going to like this thing.

Really? That surprises me a little. I have a friend that is a lefty and he plays Callaway hybrids. I have hit them a few times and just found them to be effortless to hit well.

Oh no the hybrids are effortless to hit but the XHot hybrid felt much heavier then the Razr X hybrid

Oh no the hybrids are effortless to hit but the XHot hybrid felt much heavier then the Razr X hybrid

I did not notice that Kelly. I have my XF and X-Hot in the car. I will go out and check on the weight.

It's going to take a minor miracle for me to keep an X Hot Pro 3 wood out of my bag. Both off the tee and off the grass I was murdering this thing today. I was hitting a fairly low piercing flight that just seemed to keep going. It's hard to tell on a range but I didn't seem to be losing any carry to the X Hot which I was hitting higher, and I LOVE a low launching FW. This thing just felt so good at impact.

I went by Dick's yesterday for the purpose of hitting this club. I've been needing a new 3 Wood as I've just been using demos for the past while and needed to get an actual club in my bag and I've heard too many good things about this not to try it. I constantly hit this thing about 240 -245 and mostly right down the middle every time. I never went very far left or right on this unless it was just a really bad swing. The guy working at Dick's told me I could get about 10 more yards if I would hit the RBZ instead, so I told him to bring it to me. I hit quite a few with that 3 wood as well, and I didn't get the extra distance he told me I would. I was still hitting it almost the same as the Callaway, except I was hitting it way left or way right and never down the middle. The 3 wood has been a club I haven't felt real confident with lately, but after the session I had with it yesterday, I picked one up and will be taking it to the course today. I have a feeling I'm really going to like this thing.

bhilton, was this the Pro or the standard version? Also looking to hear some more opinions on the club after taking it to the course, thanks.

Going to try to get out and demo these this week. Hearing all the raves has me salivating.

This 4 wood is looooooong. Much longer than my current 5 wood set to 18*.

Back