2013 Waste Management Phoenix Open Thread (Spoilers)

I was on a Marty K. kick early last year and he isn't even remotely close to being the player he was 2 years ago. I jumped off that bandwagon quick. Win a major, become #1 in the world, and then put yourself through a radical swing change and disappear. Goofy.
Yeah I'm not sure what he was thinking. I kinda like the guy but geez. Why change at that time.

Yeah I'm not sure what he was thinking. I kinda like the guy but geez. Why change at that time.

It's just odd. And he appears to have zero confidence on the course right now. It was that tournament in China that IJP won this past fall. I forget what hole it was, but Kaymer slapped it over the green on a bunker shot, then damn near slapped it back into the bunker from the other side, and then slapped it 30 feet past the hole and took a triple bogey on a par 4. Dude just looked defeated and didn't have a care in the world. I like him, but between the meteoric rise and the swing change, he's just shot.

el pato charging

Guys are eating the course up again today. Keep seeing my guys shooting -3,-4, but not really gaining.

It sure looks like Phil could come back to earth and still end up with a 5-6 shot lead. Sure looking forward to seeing if Snedeker can put last Saturday's round behind him and shoot low!

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if he goes out and fires another 60, or a 61-64. It's Phil. When he is on, he can pummel a field and make it look so easy. I just think it's going to be hard to back that round up with another really low number. One, because it's Phil and he is so damn streaky, and two, it's hard for anyone to back up a really low number, with another really low number, regardless of course conditions and set up.

I would be surprised. Usually a super low round is followed by something closer to par, unless it's the Bob Hope Classic. So unless this course is just playing completely easy for everyone, I'd say he shoots closer to par than 64.

I would be surprised. Usually a super low round is followed by something closer to par, unless it's the Bob Hope Classic. So unless this course is just playing completely easy for everyone, I'd say he shoots closer to par than 64.

Previous comment I made, I predicted a 68. I'm just saying, because it's Phil and how "on" he was yesterday, I wouldn't rule out another low round (though probably not a 60), but a score closer to par should probably be expected.

Wow, that M. Kaymer pick I made sure seems perfect. Talk about a guy that fell off the face of the earth.

Same...

My team is off to a good start:

Garrigus -10
Charles Howell III -8
Nick Watney -8
Keegan Bradley -8
Ryan Palmer -7
Nicolas Colsaerts -6
Aaron Baddeley -4
Rickie Fowler -3
Tim Clark -2
Carl Petersson -1

Anyone know what happened to Pat Perez? It says DQ after posting back to back 72s. Clearly he wasn't making any cut but what did he do to get DQ'd?

Really wish TV would just show 16 & 17 all day, love watching these holes

Awesome. 3 way tie for first, between 3 players I had last week and not this week.
I may just leave my lineup untouched for the next tourney. Seems to work out better.

I picked Kaymer too, hes had a bunch of top 10 finishes of late.

Looks like I will be missing at least one guy this weekend. Johnson Wagger (I laughed out loud at this) laid an egg for me today.

Pat Perez DQ, awesome

I was on a Marty K. kick early last year and he isn't even remotely close to being the player he was 2 years ago. I jumped off that bandwagon quick. Win a major, become #1 in the world, and then put yourself through a radical swing change and disappear. Goofy.

To be fair his previous 3 starts were a win and 2 top10s I think.

He's got two top 10's overseas this year, is what I am seeing. But, outside of the PGA a few years ago, I can't think of many times he has been in the mix on American soil.

Keegan on a misson today it appears.

Yeah, he wasn't terrible on the European tour last year either. But everytime he plays over here he sucks.

I'll be glad when this comes on TV! About 3:30 today I think.

Pat Perez was disqualified after his second round of the Waste Management Phoenix Open for signing an incorrect scorecard.
PP turned in 72s in both rounds before getting the axe. At 2-over-par 144 through 36 holes, he wasn't going to make the cut anyway. Feb. 1 - 2:29 pm et
Source: PGA TOUR Media on Twitter

el pato one off the pace!

Why the hell do they have to show a pre game? It already being played.

Back