Staff Bags & Using Them

Here's some eye candy yo motivate you. Trust me this bag is sick in person haha

7143625759_a96ebefd9f.jpg

This is my dream bag haha

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I'll definitely be fine with either of the Callaway bags. I'd be surprised if they let us choose. That'd kind of ruin the uniform look. But given the XHot marketing push, I'm betting it's going to be the white one.

right now on the 10th tee on the golf coverage there is that new cobra staff bag but in blue. i want that

Never realized that so many eyes are on me when I head for the tee box. After reading this thread, I have no choice but to improve now.

I think I've read elsewhere that you can only do your best when you feel your best, and you can only feel your best when you look your best. Sure, there may be guys out there that can golf in the clothing they just finished work in, but if you take the time to look like you mean it, in your mind you become what you project. I golf on the cheap, but that doesn't mean I use junk equipment. I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, and being left-handed, I've found plenty of those.

My bag was a gift from my wife, a very lightly used TM staff bag, with my name on it. It was supposed to be a stand bag but, oh, well, those kind of slip ups are very forgivable.

Do I feel ridiculous heading out there with the kind of equipment I pack, knowing that I have yet to break 100? Not at all. I golf for fun, and for the simple pleasure of being in the best place on earth; a golf course. The rest of the world can go crazy, but when I'm on the course, I'm at peace. I play with people who are good, in some cases very good, and I receive nothing but encouragement. I have my goals, and I will achieve them, starting as soon as this snow has gone.

I'd take either of these cobras, I can't wait to see how it sits on my clicgear!
COBRA_AMP_STAFF_BAG_2013_ORANGE.jpg
COBRA_AMP_STAFF_BAG_2013_BLACK_WHITE.jpg
Man those are slick! I'm really digging the red and black one. That all black Cleveland bag is hot too.

Never realized that so many eyes are on me when I head for the tee box. After reading this thread, I have no choice but to improve now.

I think I've read elsewhere that you can only do your best when you feel your best, and you can only feel your best when you look your best. Sure, there may be guys out there that can golf in the clothing they just finished work in, but if you take the time to look like you mean it, in your mind you become what you project. I golf on the cheap, but that doesn't mean I use junk equipment. I'm always on the lookout for a bargain, and being left-handed, I've found plenty of those.

My bag was a gift from my wife, a very lightly used TM staff bag, with my name on it. It was supposed to be a stand bag but, oh, well, those kind of slip ups are very forgivable.

Do I feel ridiculous heading out there with the kind of equipment I pack, knowing that I have yet to break 100? Not at all. I golf for fun, and for the simple pleasure of being in the best place on earth; a golf course. The rest of the world can go crazy, but when I'm on the course, I'm at peace. I play with people who are good, in some cases very good, and I receive nothing but encouragement. I have my goals, and I will achieve them, starting as soon as this snow has gone.

I like your attitude. I'm the same way. I could care less if people look at my staff bag (when I seldom take it out on the course) cross-eyed. Yes it's flashy, but I like it. I don't claim to be a pro. But I do claim to think that my B-Stone bag is the best looking bag on the course every time that I take it out there. That is all that matters to me. I like it.

Dude I know what you mean, my girlfriend got me a taylormade staff bag with my name on it a while back, and it's amazing, back then I was barely breaking 90 haha, now at least playing I'm the 80s but still I wasn't aware at how many people made a big deal about an amateur playing staff bags.

Look at my babies
byvyberu.jpg

Looking good Satch

Thanks man haha I love my staff bags, in fact I got rid of my stand bag because these sirens lured me to the rocky shores, now I only play with my staff bags, you will too once you get yours hah

Thanks man haha I love my staff bags, in fact I got rid of my stand bag because these sirens lured me to the rocky shores, now I only play with my staff bags, you will too once you get yours hah

Drooling... drooling... drooling... wiping the drool... back to reality! Looking good Uriel!

the local Golf Galaxy has this bag on clearance. I want to go in and make them a lowball offer....

2417a.jpeg

Drooling... drooling... drooling... wiping the drool... back to reality! Looking good Uriel!

Thanks man hhaha.

And blu, I think that's an awesome staff bag, go for it

I've been golfing for about 8 yrs now and have really dedicated myself to the game.........However,my game still needs much improvement....the point of this is that all through my adult life I have always purchased what I thought was "The Best". If I could afford it,I would get it. The first time I saw a Staff bag,I wanted one and I got it. Then I had another one made(Kellermann) so then I wanted what I thought were the best clubs(for me) and Callaway Razr X graphite were it!
This is not an issue of ability to play associated with attire and accessories but it's America and we have our choice of what we have access to.
I love the game so much that every aspect is at a pinnacle. After my 1st Staff bag,one of the guys I golf told me that it wouldn't help my game . and all I could do was smile cuz it has nothing to do about game. Now I'm on the Best Golfing Website too! Thanks.

I used to carry a staff bag but it became a problem to carry during tournaments where I didn't need or have a caddy so I went back to a plain stand bag

One of these days I'm going to get a midsize because I want the room and lack of tangled clubs a 6 way top offers.

One of these days I'm going to get a midsize because I want the room and lack of tangled clubs a 6 way top offers.

Just make sure you get a mid size with at least a 9 inch top, I have the taylormade mid staff bag which is an 8.5 top and things get tangled, but my larger 9.5 staff bag is perfect hah

It seems as if some new staff bags will be coming out very soon. Pretty stocked to see designs and styles. I've often wondered how makes the best staff bags? But more importantly what does everyone look for in a staff bag?

It seems as if some new staff bags will be coming out very soon. Pretty stocked to see designs and styles. I've often wondered how makes the best staff bags? But more importantly what does everyone look for in a staff bag?

Aren't they already released on Tour?

I don't have a staff bag however I'm still going to answer. hahaah. I travel light on the course so it would be straight up apperance and for me it would have to match one of the catagories of clubs in my bag.

Aren't what released in tour? Morgan cup staff bags? I don't think so

Oh, I thought you meant like, all Staff Bags in general. Like there was going to be a release for them. I was just thinking of Taylormade and Nike and thinking that their bags were already out on Tour. So I just said it.

Why does anyone buy and use something ?
Practicality, looks ,affordability.
I bought a cheap cart bag which was light and had a comfortable strap - thought it was a reasonable compromise bag for walking and riding.
After 9 months it was pretty wrecked from the amount of travelling it did in the boot of the car and exposure to the harsh African sun, also found that the zips didn't stand up to the task.
I bought a staff bag for the following reasons:
Its leather - its easier to clean and stay looking neat.
Space for everything that you need
Protects the clubs much better because of its rigidity - why buy expensive equipment and don't look after it?
No matter what the sport - use the best equipment you can afford.

Back