The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the doc was disappointed that I did it for some odd reason....but I did a heck of a job. Only 1 nick.

Haha. Did you show up with a piece of toilet paper like when you cut your face shaving?

I would say let's get it back on topic, but, I reckon all of this ranting is a legit rant. Woah.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/olympi...wrestling-its-spot-in-olympics-201325406.html

This article is my rant. Man I hate people who say golfers aren't athletes.

Drives me insane too. Funny thing is, most of the people I find saying it, have absolutely ZERO athletic ability, whatsoever. Someone tried claiming that after I came back from volunteering at the BMW Championship, where for 5 days straight, I walked almost 5 miles a day (just inside the ropes). I was like, have you walked 5 miles this MONTH? Uh, huh. Shut up.

Drives me insane too. Funny thing is, most of the people I find saying it, have absolutely ZERO athletic ability, whatsoever. Someone tried claiming that after I came back from volunteering at the BMW Championship, where for 5 days straight, I walked almost 5 miles a day (just inside the ropes). I was like, have you walked 5 miles this MONTH? Uh, huh. Shut up.

haha, people just don't get how demanding golf is, especially to play regularly.

I only put in 100+ rounds last year, and my body needed a huge break. I can't imagine these guys, who play endlessly, feel after a season.

haha, people just don't get how demanding golf is, especially to play regularly.

I only put in 100+ rounds last year, and my body needed a huge break. I can't imagine these guys, who play endlessly, feel after a season.

Exactly. I always hear the argument, "It's not a sport, it's an activity". WTF does that even mean? An activity? Every sport is an "activity" than.

Exactly. I always hear the argument, "It's not a sport, it's an activity". WTF does that even mean? An activity? Every sport is an "activity" than.

Being a terrible golfer might be an activity, but I could say the same about playing basketball, baseball, football, etc.

It's just cause we get to wear slacks, polos and funny hats and colors, they are just jealous. Honestly, my club pro insists that a golfer burns 3000 calories if they walk a round of 18 holes, not sure to what extent this is true, but I know I lost 20 pounds when I was walking every day for a month

It's just cause we get to wear slacks, polos and funny hats and colors, they are just jealous. Honestly, my club pro insists that a golfer burns 3000 calories if they walk a round of 18 holes, not sure to what extent this is true, but I know I lost 20 pounds when I was walking every day for a month

There are definite physical benefits to playing golf and walking while doing it. I don't do it, so I have no idea (I smoke cigarettes and ride in carts). My thoughts are, anything where physical energy is exerted to achieve a goal, score or whatever, is a sport. That includes a lot of things I have absolutely zero interest in and think are kind of silly, but it doesn't make them any less of a sport, in my mind.

Being a terrible golfer might be an activity, but I could say the same about playing basketball, baseball, football, etc.

You mean basketballing, baseballing and footballing.

I've seen debates over the years about bowling, billiards, and even NASCAR being sports, but never golf.

There are definite physical benefits to playing golf and walking while doing it. I don't do it, so I have no idea (I smoke cigarettes and ride in carts). My thoughts are, anything where physical energy is exerted to achieve a goal, score or whatever, is a sport. That includes a lot of things I have absolutely zero interest in and think are kind of silly, but it doesn't make them any less of a sport, in my mind.

me too, it's mentally and physically challenging sometimes, and it keeps me healthy so there haha it's a sport! To truly appreciate the PGA tour as a sport, I think someone needs to play a round of golf and realize how much work it takes physically, these tour professionals practice all day, then walk 18 holes from the practice rounds, and then from thursday through sunday, every week, that takes some serious fitness and mental health

I've seen debates over the years about bowling, billiards, and even NASCAR being sports, but never golf.

Is it "bowling" or "playing bowl"? And are people who bowl, "bowlers" or "bowlplayers"?

NASCAR is the worst thing to ever happen to humanity.

I would like to politely disagree..

images

I'm sorry I didn't mean to start this debate(may end up being its own thread lol) but nothing pisses me off more then hearing a person say "golf ia a game, it's for old, fat, white people" that one gets me going most often. Golf is a sport both mentally and physically.

I would like to politely disagree..

images

Well, until it became a reality show channel, with Jersey Short and knocked up teenagers. I have pictures of me sitting in a high chair, mesmerized by Bruce Springsteen and Duran Duran videos. LOL.

I'm sorry I didn't mean to start this debate(may end up being its own thread lol) but nothing pisses me off more then hearing a person say "golf ia a game, it's for old, fat, white people" that one gets me going most often. Golf is a sport both mentally and physically.

I believe there are already several "Is golf a sport" threads around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back