Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart Preview

Clicgear upgrades… Nice!

I am most interested in learning more about the “improved Positive Lock brake system.” Is the lever different, or are the improvements on the wheel end?

The larger net is something I would definitely appreciate. Hopefully Clicgear will sell the 3.5+ net as a part.

The move to a flat powder coat finish is cool and it has to hide grime better than gloss. Although I prefer the black frame since it hides the plastic parts, the thought of a flat-grey frame is alluring…

Camelback’s “Eddy” cups (.75L) fit the 3.0 cup holder perfectly, so no change to the cup holder is welcome here.

The new straps look like an improvement, but I never really had an issue with the 3.0 straps.

Last edited:
I missed this one before. Looks like a solid pushcart. If I were ever to buy one I would probably look to ClickGear first.

I'd like to see just how adjustable the cup holder will be and if it will be available as an add-on for the 3.0. I would love to see one that could handle a big gulp from KwikTrip...or a 40 of Colt 45.

I love my Clicgear. Keep up the good work and keep adding features and maybe I will need a new one when they release version 5.

I have an old bagboy pushcart and it time for me to upgrade. I almost the 3.0 last November. The 3.5 is on my ponder list.

Don't know how you improve the 3.0. I'm looking forward to this one.

Having never used a cart before I was curious if you guys always use the cart when you walk? I'm used to just picking my bag up and using the back pack type straps and walking. It's all I know so I can't complain yet wonder if there is a better way to walk the course.

Thanks.

JK

Having never used a cart before I was curious if you guys always use the cart when you walk? I'm used to just picking my bag up and using the back pack type straps and walking. It's all I know so I can't complain yet wonder if there is a better way to walk the course.

Thanks.

JK
I recently switched from electric, to carrying and then back to my electric. I am now pondering a push cart. Carrying appeals to me, it feels old school and basic! Also helps burn a few more calories! My partners all pointed out to me, that whilst they understood the aim, my scores on the last 3 holes were suffering and that I appeared to complain more about my back when carrying. I had just thought these were aches and pains and not seen the link. I switched back, and my handicap is one heading the right way. So, I'm thinking a push cart might be the way to go.

Has anyone picked up a 3.5 yet?

I recently switched from electric, to carrying and then back to my electric. I am now pondering a push cart. Carrying appeals to me, it feels old school and basic! Also helps burn a few more calories! My partners all pointed out to me, that whilst they understood the aim, my scores on the last 3 holes were suffering and that I appeared to complain more about my back when carrying. I had just thought these were aches and pains and not seen the link. I switched back, and my handicap is one heading the right way. So, I'm thinking a push cart might be the way to go.

I've purchased but have not received yet

Great. Love to hear your thoughts when you have it, and also whether a staff bag will fit.

Well you sir are in luck as I happen to have a nice Callaway bag sitting in the dining room. Plus I may have a cool Bridgestone one as well. I can't wait to get the 3.5.

Well you sir are in luck as I happen to have a nice Callaway bag sitting in the dining room. Plus I may have a cool Bridgestone one as well. I can't wait to get the 3.5.
I like the sound of your dining room sir!
did you go for the Lime green one?

Haha my wife doesn't! I got the Arctic White/Lime

I am pondering the 3.5 as well in black/lime. Everyone here seems to love there Clicgear and I have thought about walking a little this year since it will be cheaper for me. I am eager to hear what you have to say about it.

Think Im staying with the 3.0 for now but like the upgrades for anyone looking for a new cart.

I bought one about 2-3 weeks ago but hit a snag with Golfsmith. Re-ordered from TGW and should get it soon. I'll let you guys know how it is when I get mine.

Looks like there are some good deals this weekend if anyone is looking to pick one up. TGW has 15% off, bring a 3.5 down to $186 with free shipping.

Looks like there are some good deals this weekend if anyone is looking to pick one up. TGW has 15% off, bring a 3.5 down to $186 with free shipping.

This is why I got mine from TGW. I was actually able to get the cooler bag as well and the total came out to $15 less than what I spent on the push cart alone from Golfsmith a few weeks ago. So assuming everything works out with Golfsmith (that's a BIG "if"), I'll have the push cart, cooler bag and an extra $15 on my credit card.

I am pondering the 3.5 as well in black/lime. Everyone here seems to love there Clicgear and I have thought about walking a little this year since it will be cheaper for me. I am eager to hear what you have to say about it.

You will not regret it.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

My 3.5 arrived yesterday, and I tried it out this morning. I've been using my buddy's 3.0 for a few weeks, so I was anxious to compare them.

The cup holder is not so much "adjustable" - perhaps "stretchy" is a better word. It has two overlapping arms that form about a 2-inch diameter when relaxed,and can stretch to maybe 3 or 4 inches. It takes a good bit of force to stretch them, though, so it doesn't work well with styrofoam or other "soft" cups. You might be able to get a fat Powerade bottle in there, but it would likely be a 2-handed operation every time you put it back in. I just happened to have a 16-oz styrofoam cup this morning - otherwise, I probably wouldn't have noticed. It'll work just fine for can sodas, water bottles, etc.

I like the new bag straps - they should let you get a little firmer grip on the bag, not that there was any problem with the older style.

The cargo net is noticeably larger, as mentioned. I can fit my cell phone, rangefinder, and a ball or 3 in there.

I can tell that the brake lever is different, but I'm not sure what has changed. I'll have a chance to compare the 3.0 & 3.5 side-by-side tomorrow morning, so I'll look then.

There may be other differences, but that's all I remember at the moment. If anyone has any specific questions, etc., let me know.

I really like this cart, and I'm looking forward to getting a lot more walking rounds in, now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Got my Clicgear 3.5 today. I'll post some pictures later. Can't wait to get this out on the course!

It doesn't sound like anything changed from the cart itself other than the brake. It folds up the same and to the same folded dimension. Everything that was changed was accessories. I never used the cup holder, I've never had a problem with the brake, I don't use the netbag much at all.
If you don't have a pushcart or have a really old one and are in the market, this is a GREAT cart and once you get one, you'll wonder why you didn't get one before now. If you have the 3.0 it probably doesn't merit an upgrade unless yours has been damaged beyond use or you have $200 burning a hole in your pocket.
I've been watching the B3 cart bag that they have and I noticed a couple of months ago that they are finally on the market. They've been on their website for about a year now, but production issues were holding them up.
That is going on my Birthday wish list to complete my package.
For someone wanting an accessory, the seat attachment is great if you play courses that get backed up. It's not padded, but when your feet/legs get tired from standing around waiting for the group(s) in front of you to play, it's nice to have.
Can't speak to any of the other attachments. I wish that they would come up with a phone holder for something other than an iphone, but that problem was easily resolved. I just bought one of those phone holders that clamps on to motorcycle/bicycle handlebars and it works great. Now I have my Golfshot gps/scorekeeper right there ready for easy access.
Go Get Ya One!! If you live around Kansas City, Country Creek has the lowest price on them that I have ever seen. Don't know if they have the 3.5 though.

For someone wanting an accessory, the seat attachment is great if you play courses that get backed up. It's not padded, but when your feet/legs get tired from standing around waiting for the group(s) in front of you to play, it's nice to have.

I have been considering the seat, but I am concerned about the folded size/shape of the cart+seat. Would you mind snapping a pic or two with the cart folded and the seat attached?

Back