Northern Trust Open (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get in Webb you beauty.

Going to be interesting to see what Haas does at 10.

"That 1st page of the leaderboard looks like a panic attack waiting to happen."

Made my day.

Hunter with a huge par putt there.

#10 is taking some lunch money today. Hunter sneaks way with a par, wow

Im out with kids, its a drivable par 4. are they just not scoring?
#10 is taking some lunch money today. Hunter sneaks way with a par, wow

Pin is in the back, lots of bunker shots not holding the greem

Merrick went about the 10th the way I would have thought many would.. Smart play.

Freddie did the same thing, just chucked a nice wedge in there to 6 feet.

In 35 years of watching the pros play #10 at Riviera, I've never seen a higher percentage of them hitting driver or 3W from the tee as these guys do today.

Most of these guys have, at best, mediocre short games, with guys like Mahan looking almost silly when it comes time to show a little creativity and touch.

It seems to me that the play at #10 is a 6I or 7I from the tee, to the left side of the fairway, and then attack the pin with a wedge. But very few of these guys today take this approach.

Freddie did the same thing, just chucked a nice wedge in there to 6 feet.

After three rounds of knowing what to expect, it's just surprising me that more aren't taking the safer approach and going for the ten footer for bird.

nobody can get the ball to stay on the green. flag is in it's traditional back location, it's only 10 yards wide back there and slopes off on either side. unless you have a shot where your angle is straight down the neck of the green, it's impossible to get the ball to stay on back there.

john merrick did it right. 5 iron short of the bunker, wedge almost pin high on the right fringe. freddy jac followed suit with an even better wedge. I've said all week that I think taking driver on that hole is a mistake.

After three rounds of knowing what to expect, it's just surprising me that more aren't taking the safer approach and going for the ten footer for bird.

Clearly that would be the smart thing to do.

Canadan's Lessons of a Life Time.

Charl playing it smart, keeping the bunkers or of play.

In 35 years of watching the pros play #10 at Riviera, I've never seen a higher percentage of them hitting driver or 3W from the tee as these guys do today.

Most of these guys have, at best, mediocre short games, with guys like Mahan looking almost silly when it comes time to show a little creativity and touch.

It seems to me that the play at #10 is a 6I or 7I from the tee, to the left side of the fairway, and then attack the pin with a wedge. But very few of these guys today take this approach.

I've been preaching to this choir all week.

haha feherty on faldo "you've got a great future behind you"

Good luck Haas.

And Haas flies it on the green and rolls it off the back in the rough, seems like that could be a tricky chip.

Canadan's Lessons of a Life Time.

haha, the next guy off the tee went at that approach, and Merrick executed the bird taking that approach. They are quite clearly listening to me. :bulgy-eyes:

Haas looks to be screwed on his little shot into 10 green. That will not be an easy pitch. He shoulda hit 5 iron dammit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back