Math Help!! Trigonometry.

What do you need to simplify it to? I can get it to cos(x)^2-cos(x). Then you could factor out one of the cos(x) to get cos(x)*(cos(x)-1). That simple enough?

Definitely 42.

Seriously though, you suck. Now I'm gonna have to pull out the nearly decades old Calc books (yes, like 3 of them!). Hate trig. Appreciate it ;)

I don't if anybody is good at trig, can't find any other help so I'm asking here. thanks. Simplify: cosx/(secx-1). Thanks!

just for clarification. is that minus 1 or to the power of negative 1. Probably minus, but just want to verify.

It's been about 30 years since I've done this so I'll just lead you to an awesome site which should help. Anyone with kids should save this on your favorites anyway.
http://www.khanacademy.org/

This will go from kindergarten math to college physics and calculus.

Enjoy.

Now try to differentiate that sucker. I laugh that highschool math is WAY harder than anything I've had to do at university. Sometimes I am glad I'm not an engineer!

He nailed the answer, gotta give him props for that (copied or not).

I'll grab some scratch paper and try to work it out for you Riley. Do you need the steps or just the answer?

THPing on Tapatalk
Wrong problem. The bolded isn't supposed to be there.I ended up getting it. cos(x)/[sec(x) - 1] + cos(x)/[sec(x) + 1]A lot simplier than I thought. Just multiple by one represented as secx/secx to get rid of secx-1 in the denominator. Thanks for the help though fellas.
Damaiskis nailed though. Just wasn't sure at first how he did.

Wrong problem. The bolded isn't supposed to be there.I ended up getting it. cos(x)/[sec(x) - 1] + cos(x)/[sec(x) + 1]A lot simplier than I thought. Just multiple by one represented as secx/secx to get rid of secx-1 in the denominator. Thanks for the help though fellas.
Damaiskis nailed though. Just wasn't sure at first how he did.

Are we certain it wasn't the 85 bears?

Wake and blu's banter in this thread was awesome.

I hated trig, I liked calculus much better.

I want to combine math and golf. That would be my dream job.

Be a number cruncher for an OEM. Iron Byron test results, ball compression, COR, whatever. Analyze the numbers.

THPing on Tapatalk

Be a number cruncher for an OEM. Iron Byron test results, ball compression, COR, whatever. Analyze the numbers.

THPing on Tapatalk

That's the goal. R&D!

That's the goal. R&D!

I've been seriously thinking about marketing lately. Not necessarily for golf. It just seems like such a fun job that isn't too tedious. Getting paid to tell the world they will gain more yards by buying our clubs which have a little thing that has changed the iron forever in them. Can't beat that.

THPing on Tapatalk

I've been seriously thinking about marketing lately. Not necessarily for golf. It just seems like such a fun job that isn't too tedious. Getting paid to tell the world they will gain more yards by buying our clubs which have a little thing that has changed the iron forever in them. Can't beat that.

THPing on Tapatalk

There might be a little more to it than that.

THPing on Tapatalk

Marketing majors are a dime a dozen out there, you gotta be good to make any money.

I don't know much about it, it's just a thought.

THPing on Tapatalk

Awesome. I love math.

Me too, math is easy, breezed through calculus in college...not hhaha that's why I love it so much. Because it took me so much work

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Marketing majors are a dime a dozen out there, you gotta be good to make any money.
I have an Engineering degree and do marketing, lol

The thing about Trig is the better you are at it, the easier Calculus is.

I have an Engineering degree and do marketing, lol

The thing about Trig is the better you are at it, the easier Calculus is.

This, trig is imperative for calculus, I see hundreds of students fail calculus 1 in college, because they do not have an understanding of trigonometry before they take these calculus courses, then they realize that the professors do not care if they fail because it's not high school hah

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Back