Custom Classic XL Came and........

Grim

Reaction score
Handicap
Let me first tell you the story behind this.

As some of you may have seen I ordered a Classic XL Custom driver direct from Cleveland Golf because none of the stores around here had any. So I get a call from one of their accounts in Florida that I guess was handleing my order that it may be March 1st until they ship because the release had been pushed back.

I say that is fine and then later the same day he calls back and tells me that he found one and they would be shipping it today. So I get an email that states it shipped vis USPS.

It said give it 3-5 days, which I did, and nothing showed, and the tracking link did not work either. So I called them and they said that they were required to say it shipped, even thoguh it did not, but that it did on Thursday via FedEx and gave me the tracking number, good thing too because it required signature and I was not going to be home on that day.

So I missed class today, found someone to cover for me at work, and waited on the couch for the knock on the door.

About 15 mins ago the club arrived. I open it, and see that it is a Miyazaki JDL6 shaft, man the club head looks good and...... its the wrong club head. Its just the original Cleveland Classic XL, not the custom which I had ordered.

Now I am a little ticked, because I couldve got this club 2 weeks ago at the store with the B. Asha in it and not a shaft made for adjustable drivers.

So I call Cleveland and the guy I spoke with in customer service was terrible, had no idea what I was talking about and then told me to call the company in Florida to set up a return and that it was going to be until the end of March or April before they got anymore heads in, do not know why they cannot just call another store and get them to ship it as it was a standard set up.

Because I cant be without a driver for another month I just got them to credit the difference and if I do not like this set up ill just put it on ebay I guess and go with another driver.

Completely bummed out.

This is horrible customer service. I would call again, and get a person who gives a damn.

Let me first tell you the story behind this.

As some of you may have seen I ordered a Classic XL Custom driver direct from Cleveland Golf because none of the stores around here had any. So I get a call from one of their accounts in Florida that I guess was handleing my order that it may be March 1st until they ship because the release had been pushed back.

I say that is fine and then later the same day he calls back and tells me that he found one and they would be shipping it today. So I get an email that states it shipped vis USPS.

It said give it 3-5 days, which I did, and nothing showed, and the tracking link did not work either. So I called them and they said that they were required to say it shipped, even thoguh it did not, but that it did on Thursday via FedEx and gave me the tracking number, good thing too because it required signature and I was not going to be home on that day.

So I missed class today, found someone to cover for me at work, and waited on the couch for the knock on the door.

About 15 mins ago the club arrived. I open it, and see that it is a Miyazaki JDL6 shaft, man the club head looks good and...... its the wrong club head. Its just the original Cleveland Classic XL, not the custom which I had ordered.

Now I am a little ticked, because I couldve got this club 2 weeks ago at the store with the B. Asha in it and not a shaft made for adjustable drivers.

So I call Cleveland and the guy I spoke with in customer service was terrible, had no idea what I was talking about and then told me to call the company in Florida to set up a return and that it was going to be until the end of March or April before they got anymore heads in, do not know why they cannot just call another store and get them to ship it as it was a standard set up.

Because I cant be without a driver for another month I just got them to credit the difference and if I do not like this set up ill just put it on ebay I guess and go with another driver.

Completely bummed out.

Grim, I really hope you don't settle for something. If you wanted the Custom, I say pursue it. Like One-T said, keep calling until someone actually helps you in your issue.

It all seems really strange though. Who did you call that demanded you call somewhere in Florida?

Hate to hear of poor Customer Service, I would definitely call again and speak to someone higher up than the person who answered the phone.

Cleveland customer service department.

They said I had to call the shop in Florida that handled the order even though it shipped from them in California.

I may have no choice but to settle as I can't wait a month or so to be without a driver. I traded mine in towards this purchase.

trust me I'm pretty mad but I guess I've learned my lesson.

Certainly keep calling and find the right person. As 1-T said, somebody who gives a damn will be glad to help you out. Surprised to read about someone just trying to brush you off, that really blows.

Don't settle. That is absolutely ridiculous CS and it needs to be rectified.

Don't settle. That is absolutely ridiculous CS and it needs to be rectified.
I agree.

I find it weird that it was shipped from them in California but he has to call a shop in Florida?

Cleveland customer service department.

They said I had to call the shop in Florida that handled the order even though it shipped from them in California.

I may have no choice but to settle as I can't wait a month or so to be without a driver. I traded mine in towards this purchase.

trust me I'm pretty mad but I guess I've learned my lesson.

Someone there will care about what's going on here. I say keep calling buddy, you deserve a good experience after the pre-order.

Reach out to Cleveland golf on Twitter and use the power of social media to your advantage. Cleveland golf has been very active on Twitter over the last week or so.

I would just call again. and be very nice on the phone. Trust me, it will get you further than being an ass.

I would just call again. and be very nice on the phone. Trust me, it will get you further than being an ass.
Best route to go with Customer Service reps, no doubt.

Any idea who the shop was in Florida? Just curious as I've done plenty of business from Jax to West Palm.

Best route to go with Customer Service reps, no doubt.
it has got me so much further with things. Even gets you some freebies.

That is awful CS. Definitely keep contacting them until it gets made right.

I'm in the don't settle camp.

Cartainly be polite on the call, but you didn't get what was ordered, so you don't have to take the first resolution offered.

That definitely sucks when you get crappy customer service. I am huge on being given excellent customer service.

I find it funny how so many places say they are looking for people with customer service to work for them, but when you visit, the people they did hire act like they've never worked a day in their life! It's pathetic, I know what real customer service is and god willing when I work for an OEM in golf, every person is going to know it!

*excuse my rant.

Sorry again for your bad experience, I truly hope you can get comped on this bad deal. Best of luck.

The sad part is I keep calling and getting the same guy.

i asked to speak to his supervisor and he said she was out to lunch and wanted to know why he couldn't help me.

i mean when he told me I had to call the store in Florida I asked for the number and he told me to google it, lmao I almost lost it

i asked to speak to his supervisor and he said she was out to lunch and wanted to know why he couldn't help me.

i mean when he told me I had to call the store in Florida I asked for the number and he told me to google it, lmao I almost lost it

That is awful customer service. Awful.

Man that's a bummer! Hope they take care of you. They credited you the difference but you still don't have the club you intended to buy.

Strange, Cleveland seems to pay quite a lot of attention to this forum and the social networking sites so I expect there will be a remedy to this fairly quickly. They certainly wouldn't want a story like this tarnishing their reputation on a forum where they receive a great amount of publicity

Reach out to Cleveland golf on Twitter and use the power of social media to your advantage. Cleveland golf has been very active on Twitter over the last week or so.

I like this idea.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hit up Clevelandgolf on Twitter, they are very responsive and may give you someone else to work with.

Tell the guy that his answer is unacceptable and he either needs to come up with a better option or his boss needs to get back and call you ASAP. I'm all for keeping your cool but this needs to be rectified NOW. I always figure that until you speak to the president of the company, you can always go higher until you find the answer you are looking for.

Hit up their facebook page as well. go global!

Back