Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really do LOVE the looks of the new Cleveland Classic line. It's just different from the same ole' same ole' we are seeing out there with everyone else. Pictures probably don't do these any justice. They just need to be held.

Agree 100%. I still cant get over the Classic XL Driver line, especially the standard non adjustable. $249 for a stock B.Asha is crazy good value!

Tapping away on my S3

Anybody know the difference between a Odyssey #2 and #6, they seem to swap back and forth to me.

Agree 100%. I still cant get over the Classic XL Driver line, especially the standard non adjustable. $249 for a stock B.Asha is crazy good value!

Tapping away on my S3

I've always been a fan of Cleveland, mainly since I got back into the game a decade ago. They always checked in with lower prices for equipment I thought was a little under appreciated. They had a few misses here and there, but for the most part, have always put out great stuff. The new Classic line just looks boss.

Still pondering grips...I may be the only person on THP that likes the Tacki Mac itomics. Put them on my Ctapers when I had he MP-52's and thoroughly enjoyed them. Foimd them at Golfsmith for 1.49/ea back when they were on sale. Besides slight wear of the color on the "tacki mac" logo, I had no complaints. Been debating going back to tour wraps and came across these at under $50 for a set of 13 including a grip kit

Tapping away on my S3

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362196609230.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362196609230.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 0
Anybody know the difference between a Odyssey #2 and #6, they seem to swap back and forth to me.

Big difference in at least the black series.. A flare neck vs a plumber, and a pretty different backing... I bet it looks quite a bit different on the top line.

6_4d0eb7de71a5c.jpg

104837482-260x260-0-0_odyssey+odyssey+black+series+tour+designs+2+putter.jpg

Still pondering grips...I may be the only person on THP that likes the Tacki Mac itomics. Put them on my Ctapers when I had he MP-52's and thoroughly enjoyed them. Foimd them at Golfsmith for 1.49/ea back when they were on sale. Besides slight wear of the color on the "tacki mac" logo, I had no complaints. Been debating going back to tour wraps and came across these at under $50 for a set of 13 including a grip kit

Tapping away on my S3

I've heard good things about Tacki Mac, but honestly the "Itomic" thing rubs me the wrong way.

Big difference in at least the black series.. A flare neck vs a plumber, and a pretty different backing... I bet it looks quite a bit different on the top line.

6_4d0eb7de71a5c.jpg

104837482-260x260-0-0_odyssey+odyssey+black+series+tour+designs+2+putter.jpg

That's teh thing though, in the Ice Hot line the #2 is a flare neck with a "zing" looking backing, and the Protype #6 looks nearly identical. The backings on the #6 seem to change with each iteration. The #3 looks like it could be a #6 as well. I'm just confused by all of it.

That's teh thing though, in the Ice Hot line the #2 is a flare neck with a "zing" looking backing, and the Protype #6 looks nearly identical. The backings on the #6 seem to change with each iteration. The #3 looks like it could be a #6 as well. I'm just confused by all of it.

haha wow, it basically goes line to line eh? Metal X, protype black, and versa all match #2 but it gets random outside that...

Why would they do that?

haha wow, it basically goes line to line eh? Metal X, protype black, and versa all match #2 but it gets random outside that...

Why would they do that?

No idea. The mallets seem to change, but it seems all the blades are basically interchangable. The #1 has always been plumbers neck, #6 has always been slant. 2 and 3 can be whatever they want.

I've heard good things about Tacki Mac, but honestly the "Itomic" thing rubs me the wrong way.

Haha. I could care less what they call it as long as they feel good but I agree what your saying (Itomic is NOT Iomic) LOL. The wraps I think just go by "pro wrap"

Tapping away on my S3

Haha. I could care less what they call it as long as they feel good but I agree what your saying (Itomic is NOT Iomic) LOL. The wraps I think just go by "pro wrap"

Tapping away on my S3

Yeah, I mostly agree with the sentiment, but blantantly ripping off a competitor bugs me. That goes for any just about any product.

I am pondering trying/getting the new Rocketbladez Tour irons 4-PW.

No idea. The mallets seem to change, but it seems all the blades are basically interchangable. The #1 has always been plumbers neck, #6 has always been slant. 2 and 3 can be whatever they want.

So the Versa now offers a #1 (plumber) and a #1 wide (bent shaft)... Yet the #1 in the black series is the wide with bent shaft and the #2 is your textbook plumbers neck.

Oh Odyssey, you confuse me so.

That's a solid ponder there. I would like to get a chance to hit those!

Great clubs I hit the 6 iron a few times and liked it

I don't think I'm pondering anything outside of Bridgestone anymore. I think I've scratched every itch I've had. Now I'm ready for some J40 goodness. Or will it be J40 goodness? Who knows. I'm excited though.

pondering a midsize (or bigger) grip for my scotty.. my hands are getting too big for that std size grip.. i love the feel of it tho.

pondering a midsize (or bigger) grip for my scotty.. my hands are getting too big for that std size grip.. i love the feel of it tho.

tiger shark or super stroke, maybe?

I don't think I'm pondering anything outside of Bridgestone anymore. I think I've scratched every itch I've had. Now I'm ready for some J40 goodness. Or will it be J40 goodness? Who knows. I'm excited though.

You will do well with J40 goodness!

I feel the same way. I want a SuperStroke slim, badly. But I won't get rid of my Bettinardi grip. It's too awesome.

Well, I'm pondering if this wet towel with salt will really start to rust my wedge overnight. We shall see I suppose!

Well, I'm pondering if this wet towel with salt will really start to rust my wedge overnight. We shall see I suppose!

Ha, that will be interesting. Still pondering that Si3 I saw today....heck of a deal and was mint.

Ha, that will be interesting. Still pondering that Si3 I saw today....heck of a deal and was mint.
Hopefully it works, I know its a new wedge....BUT I WANT RUST!!!!

Indeed that is a whale of a deal.
I think so as well bro. I'm freaking excited
I would be too! Honestly considering grabbing a 12* J40 at some point to tinker with.

Hopefully it works, I know its a new wedge....BUT I WANT RUST!!!!

Indeed that is a whale of a deal.

I would be too! Honestly considering grabbing a 12* J40 at some point to tinker with.

I think that is the loft I will be going with. That plus a mid launch shaft could be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back