The THP Bridgestone Championship - Las Vegas Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly agree with JB here. Those that want to get to this event and are active THPers will get to the event no matter where they are from. I have seen some comments suggesting certain people will be selected over others and that is simply not how things are done around here. If you are part of the forum you can reap all the rewards it offers to you. If however you are not active and check in one a week or once a month or whenever a testing is announced on Facebook or Twitter then of course your chances of being on at the proper time are not as likely.
I think you misunderstand my perspective. In no way whatsoever am I saying that favorites are played. To the contrary, because it is first come first serve and (it appears to me) so many members have essentially said they are "in" simple math indicates some folks aren't going to get a spot. I was simply suggesting to my fellow west coast THPrs that we should be diligent about making our interest known even if we're on the outside looking in so JB & GG can assess future Invitationals accordingly. That's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think a lot of people WANT to be there. Not as many of them will be able to, for one reason or another.

If we, on the west coast, want in then we just need to be on the ball. Unless the signups open and close during the entire time I am on a plane to Dallas for THP event #1, then I'll be around.

That would be great for all of us but it would be one heck of a drive for JB & GG :)

Who says they have to drive all the way to the west coast. They have these big things that go in the sky. (unless they are like John Madden)

I am one of the members who has a bit of history pestering JB about getting THP to come west. My recollection is that during prior "negotiations" [and I use that term extremely loosely :bashful:] there was some discussion of logistical necessities which required the Range Finder to be present. But that was a while ago and maybe I am mis-remembering...

Anyway, first things first: Vegas, baby!

Who says they have to drive all the way to the west coast. They have these big things that go in the sky. (unless they are like John Madden)

I am one of the members who has a bit of history pestering JB about getting THP to come west. My recollection is that during prior "negotiations" [and I use that term extremely loosely :bashful:] there was some discussion of logistical necessities which required the Range Finder to be present. But that was a while ago and maybe I am mis-remembering...

Anyway, first things first: Vegas, baby!

T4K is correct. If we are doing an Invitational, the THP Tour Van must be present.

T4K is correct. If we are doing an Invitational, the THP Tour Van must be present.

Whoa -- you're taking the Tour Van to Las Vegas? That's pretty incredible.

You know, you could double the Tour Van on one spin of the roulette wheel. (No need to thank me for the tip.)

Skim alert but have signups started for this one yet? I would love to go to Vegas and play golf with some great people! Just checked flights for that time and Southwest has the at a really good price. I just can't say YES right now.

Skim alert but have signups started for this one yet? I would love to go to Vegas and play golf with some great people! Just checked flights for that time and Southwest has the at a really good price. I just can't say YES right now.

nope, not yet

Deano nice job on the package! Tracy is in so we are there.

if you want to go, sign up! I have yet to see any invitational fill up over night.

Deano nice job on the package! Tracy is in so we are there.

if you want to go, sign up! I have yet to see any invitational fill up over night.

Excluding Ohio because it's awesome

Are there discounts for a third night? Flights back ease stop at 2pm, so a Sunday departure is out of the picture.

Are there discounts for a third night? Flights back ease stop at 2pm, so a Sunday departure is out of the picture.

It is being worked on, but as you know Sunday night stays in Vegas are very inexpensive.

Eww..this is not good.

It is being worked on, but as you know Sunday night stays in Vegas are very inexpensive.

Just asking in case someone was wondering. I'll be staying over either way and flying out Monday

Given the super high levels of interest it is pretty much a certainty that many of us won't get in, so actual representation numbers may be skewed. But we should still sign up so JB & GG see the level of potential participation by west coast THPrs, which may influence them to come this way again.

I think that is a great idea.

I strongly agree with JB here. Those that want to get to this event and are active THPers will get to the event no matter where they are from. I have seen some comments suggesting certain people will be selected over others and that is simply not how things are done around here. If you are part of the forum you can reap all the rewards it offers to you. If however you are not active and check in one a week or once a month or whenever a testing is announced on Facebook or Twitter then of course your chances of being on at the proper time are not as likely.

the more we put in, the more we get out.

Eww..this is not good.
redeye flights are available, I am hoping to just stay Sunday night.

Happily Tapping

Right now I have to fly in after work on Friday night and fly out Sunday night for work Monday. Provided I can take time off from work, having additional days in Vegas would make my wife happier.

Edit: Just saw JB's post
"It is being worked on, but as you know Sunday night stays in Vegas are very inexpensive."

Last edited:
redeye flights are available, I am hoping to just stay Sunday night.

Happily Tapping

Being home late Sunday night/early Monday morning is going go greatly affect us making it or not. Because Kristen will have go be back at work Monday morning, no question about it. So really flights are what's going to make or break this trip for us.

THP Tour Plane, sponsored by Marquis Jet (just borrow some of Ricky's jetshare time)

Sunday night at the Rio is like $67 plus tax if I recall

Sunday night at the Rio is like $67 plus tax if I recall

yup - sunday nights in vegas are usually a great deal. play a few table games in your downtime and you might even get it comp'd

I am in for this for sure....my birthday is 2 weeks after that....so we will just celebrate that weekend!!!

Just asking in case someone was wondering. I'll be staying over either way and flying out Monday

me too buddy!! I can see a really epic night on Sunday night...hehehe

yup - sunday nights in vegas are usually a great deal. play a few table games in your downtime and you might even get it comp'd

Didn't they name a movie after you??

Depending on hotel rates it might be less expensive to fly in earlier and stay through Sunday night. Flying in Friday and flying out Sunday is going to cost the wife and I almost the same amount as the stay and play package.

I am in for this for sure....my birthday is 2 weeks after that....so we will just celebrate that weekend!!!

Three days before for me...BLL's in Vegas!

Still pretty pumped for this and looking forward to seeing sign ups open up and see this fill in record time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back