True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

Some information came in on these today, very interesting to me and helps to explain the stepping a bit:

1-L.jpg

2-L.jpg

Now, yesterdays round in the wind didn't really let me get any feel for these yet. I will say though even though we were on an elevated range I could see a flatter trajectory in the short irons. As the the vaunted "feel" no real thoughts just yet as I was swinging to beat the wind rather than analyzing the feel.

I'm eager to get out on a normal day.

I've also added these to the first post!

The more I look at the info the more intrigued I really am about the variable wall thickness and thoughts of feel in the shafts. Its hard to shake the notion/memory of the DG Gold S300's I played forever and focusing on the fact that this is an all new shaft offering from True Temper. I'm really eager to get them back out and about.

Excited to hear about these.

The more I look at the info the more intrigued I really am about the variable wall thickness and thoughts of feel in the shafts. Its hard to shake the notion/memory of the DG Gold S300's I played forever and focusing on the fact that this is an all new shaft offering from True Temper. I'm really eager to get them back out and about.

All I know is, they felt really good on the range.That is some good info you have here. Really interested to see your results with these and also when these might become available. Just thinking out loud.

All I know is, they felt really good on the range.That is some good info you have here. Really interested to see your results with these and also when these might become available. Just thinking out loud.

I'm really eager to get them out again and just focus on the flight and the feel, I really am. I like the concept a lot.

Great pic's Jman and thanks for all the info. I'm leaning more toward graphite on the next set, but this will likely be the direction I go if the graphite's don't work out for me.

Great pic's Jman and thanks for all the info. I'm leaning more toward graphite on the next set, but this will likely be the direction I go if the graphite's don't work out for me.

Thanks buddy.

They definitely are a more "hefty" shaft just as the original DG's have always been. Looks like I'll be getting out tomorrow and it should be a relatively calm day, I'm excited to just focus on what I'm seeing out of these this go around!

Looks like they went just a hair lighter than usual?

Jman, do you find it interesting that they went the heavier route when all the focus for this year has been on lighter steel and graphite shafts. It seems that DG and KBS are really standing by the heavier steel shafts or am I missing something here?

Looks like they went just a hair lighter than usual?
My thoughts as well when compared to the original S300's, I suppose that is fitting though with the variable thickness walls in effort to increase the feel (which we all know the originals lacked) that there had to be a drop in weight at least in a small amount. I will say it is hard to focus on the realization that it is an all-new shaft with its name being so similar to the original (just with the added "Pro") but I also understand why you don't go with a completely different name, you then lose some of the validity that the DG still has today.

Jman, do you find it interesting that they went the heavier route when all the focus for this year has been on lighter steel and graphite shafts. It seems that DG and KBS are really standing by the heavier steel shafts or am I missing something here?

Not particularly, but that is definitely a personal opinion. I think that an almost "flighted" system like this fits a niche that the DG line lacked until now because if you remember, under the DG umbrella there are various lighter weight options in place already, ya know?

My thoughts as well when compared to the original S300's, I suppose that is fitting though with the variable thickness walls in effort to increase the feel (which we all know the originals lacked) that there had to be a drop in weight at least in a small amount. I will say it is hard to focus on the realization that it is an all-new shaft with its name being so similar to the original (just with the added "Pro") but I also understand why you don't go with a completely different name, you then lose some of the validity that the DG still has today.

Not particularly, but that is definitely a personal opinion. I think that an almost "flighted" system like this fits a niche that the DG line lacked until now because if you remember, under the DG umbrella there are various lighter weight options in place already, ya know?

I see what you are saying. I think they certainly trying to fit a niche for a "flighted" setup under the DG name without having people head over to PX and the different feel those produce.

I agree. I wouldnt go with a new name. I like the fact they went lighter.

I agree. I wouldnt go with a new name. I like the fact they went lighter.

I do too. Its just enough that its a change but not too drastic. Then again, I love 115-125g iron shafts anyways.

I do too. Its just enough that its a change but not too drastic. Then again, I love 115-125g iron shafts anyways.
yeah, they have drastic offerings, so if they went too light then they would have just been "rebranding" some of their current shafts. With this...they are not

Getting em out on course again today. Pretty calm day and cool enough still that it should be pretty empty.

Plan on putting the long irons to work off a few tees just to see if I can notice the flight difference.

Getting em out on course again today. Pretty calm day and cool enough still that it should be pretty empty.

Plan on putting the long irons to work off a few tees just to see if I can notice the flight difference.

Hit em straight and hopefully the conditions are better than we offered you down here.

Man would be nice to demo these at the May Demo day on Friday to share with the webcam world.... hint hint...

Man would be nice to demo these at the May Demo day on Friday to share with the webcam world.... hint hint...

Ha! I venture to say they'll be there!

Seems like flighted shafts are pretty popular for stock offerings. Wonder if these will make their way to a set of irons in the future.

Seems like flighted shafts are pretty popular for stock offerings. Wonder if these will make their way to a set of irons in the future.

I was wondering this same thing, also curious about the price point upon release.

These sound right up my alley. I liked my DGs in my last set but wanted a slightly higher launch and slightly less weight than what I already had. Hence the CFS's. These though sound like they could fit that same profile taht I was looking for; I'd love to get 5 swings in with these DG Pros over the DFW Inv. weekend.

Simple and quick thoughts....

Don't let the name of these fool you, it is indeed early but these are not a rehash of the original S300's. I played S300's for a loooooong time and I never saw the flight out of the 4i/5i like I did yesterday with the DG Pro's. The claim is a higher flight with more carry in the long irons and that is exactly what I saw. I need to focus on the flight of the short irons though to see if the flight there is indeed a little flatter/more penetrating.

In terms of feel, its really early. But, its not like swinging rebar. Could be something to the variable wall thickness here, just reconfirming for me that its not just a re-done original S300.

Eager to get out again! HOPEFULLY today!

Simple and quick thoughts....

Don't let the name of these fool you, it is indeed early but these are not a rehash of the original S300's. I played S300's for a loooooong time and I never saw the flight out of the 4i/5i like I did yesterday with the DG Pro's. The claim is a higher flight with more carry in the long irons and that is exactly what I saw. I need to focus on the flight of the short irons though to see if the flight there is indeed a little flatter/more penetrating.

In terms of feel, its really early. But, its not like swinging rebar. Could be something to the variable wall thickness here, just reconfirming for me that its not just a re-done original S300.

Eager to get out again! HOPEFULLY today!

Some great early thoughts James. I've never been a fan of S300s and the feel of them, but I like what you are saying so far. I know you put these in your i20's, how different is the flight from the 4i/5i from the C-Tapers to these?

Very interesting stuff Jman. Having never gamed DG shafts outside of the Spinners, I had only heard terms such as rebar used for them. Glad that it sounds like it is something definitely different.

Back