True Temper Dynamic Gold "DG Pro" Iron Shafts - THP Preview

And just like that, butt cut to length, gripped, tip prepped, shimmed, and installed.

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow!

Used to play all my 20-something degree hybrids with the same shafts as my irons, made me swing them like an iron. Loved it.

After seeing what I did out of the 4/5 iron shafts yesterday flight wise, this one could be quite fun.

Makes perfect sense to me. Just so used to seeing graphite in anything longer than 5 iron.

Makes perfect sense to me. Just so used to seeing graphite in anything longer than 5 iron.

I hear ya on that, honestly I've gotten accustomed to graphite from anything beyond my 4i, but, seeing as I'm not gonna put the 3i in play, the 3 hybo could be just as interesting to see. I can't tell you how excited I am to find out.

Great information so far Jman. Definitely nice to hear they're not the same old S300s. Curious how that hybrid does with the 3i shaft for you. That should be interesting.

Great information so far Jman. Definitely nice to hear they're not the same old S300s. Curious how that hybrid does with the 3i shaft for you. That should be interesting.

Thanks dude. You can definitely tell they are different, at least IMO and having gamed the original S300's for so long. The hybrid will be fun, its all cured up and ready to go, just not sure if I'll be able to get out with it today or not.

HOPEFULLY I can.

CAn't wait to hear the review on the hybo/3i shaft combo... I've seen the option on a few that I've been looking into, but haven't seen any in play.

You are hilarious.

I know you said you was seeing a higher flight from the long irons compared to the C-Tapers...but what about short irons? Higher/lower/same?

I know you said you was seeing a higher flight from the long irons compared to the C-Tapers...but what about short irons? Higher/lower/same?

I hit on it a bit in passing when I commented on the long irons but I reallyneed to focus on the flight of the short irons my next time out to see if the flight there is indeed a little flatter/more penetrating. Thanks to my terrible tee game last time I was hitting WAY too many ling irons into greens! Hahahaha

I'll keep a keen eye on it for you PD!

I'll be getting these back out on the course today, I'm quite excited.

Much more focus on the short irons this time as well as the 3i shaft in the hybo now.

Should have thoughts up tonight or tomorrow for sure.

I'll be getting these back out on the course today, I'm quite excited.

Much more focus on the short irons this time as well as the 3i shaft in the hybo now.

Should have thoughts up tonight or tomorrow for sure.
I can't wait to see how this goes for you!

Take what you think about these when you hear/see the name S300 and chunk it out the window. Seriously.

I played DG S300's forever and there are certain things I knew would happen: penetrating lowish flights, long iron struggles beyond the 5i for me, solid numbers, and no feel.

Right now, in the Pro's I'm seeing only part of one of those and that's the penetrating flight, but not as lowish, especially in the long irons.

The 5i, 4i, and 3hybrid just penetrate and then climb. I held a green from 196 with a 4i and 214 with the 3hybrid today. No where near the rollout I saw when I played the original s300's.

Scoring irons are indeed a little flatter on there trajectory after focusing in on it today. Not in a bad way, it was actually nice to see in the wind today.

Also, I felt the shafts load and unload all day. A dynamic gold shaft doing that? Craziness had you told me something.named and s300 would do that for me.

Randomness here I know but my mind goes 100mph all the time!

Also, got some more info on these from TT today that I'll discuss a bit tomorrow!

Big time thoughts!! Yes!!

What did you see hitting into the wind? Any ballooning at all? Spin rates nice and reasonable?

No ballooning for me and easy to flight them down with a nice knockdown into the wind.

Really reasonable so far, I intentionally played nice little draws all day today, I never do that crap.

Just clearly not the DG S300's of old. When I saw the info on the stepping and rhyme and reason today it made what I'm seeing on the course make sense.

I'd really like to know when these can be expected to start popping up though honestly.

Man I love my S-300s these sound even better!

Good thoughts Jman!! Hearing you mention the penetrating trajectory, I have to ask how they compare to the C-Tapers?

I liked that update. Then I thought about the idea that they could end up with an R-300. I like softer iron shafts for some reason and maybe I'll have to give those a look one of these days.

Good thoughts Jman!! Hearing you mention the penetrating trajectory, I have to ask how they compare to the C-Tapers?

Very similar in the 8-P, little higher in the 6-7, and then higher yet in the 3-5 but in a very nice way. I'm having FUN hitting long irons into a green right now.

I liked that update. Then I thought about the idea that they could end up with an R-300. I like softer iron shafts for some reason and maybe I'll have to give those a look one of these days.

If you look at the info we got put up in the 1st post, R's are coming buddy. They will be 109g -113g, not a lightweight, not a heavyweight either IMO.

I'm very comfortable with that weight. Very nice.

Jman are these the irons your going to use this weekend?

Awesome update James, sounds like these shafts are performing, hopefully I'll be able to give them a try!

I'm very comfortable with that weight. Very nice.
Things that make you go...hmmmmmmmm eh? Haha
Jman are these the irons your going to use this weekend?
Yessir, you're more than welcome to hit them on the range a couple times but I know the focus needs to be on the Cally gear.
Awesome update James, sounds like these shafts are performing, hopefully I'll be able to give them a try!
So far, so good. I know I'll sound like a homer to some with the positive comments, but I call em like I see em!

Very similar in the 8-P, little higher in the 6-7, and then higher yet in the 3-5 but in a very nice way. I'm having FUN hitting long irons into a green right now.

I like hearing this. I will be moving away from the PX flighted as I hit them just a tad too high I have confirmed recently so I am really considering the C-Tapers, possibly these, and some low launching graphite options.

I like hearing this. I will be moving away from the PX flighted as I hit them just a tad too high I have confirmed recently so I am really considering the C-Tapers, possibly these, and some low launching graphite options.

I have opinions on one of these thoughts, but its not for this thread. We shall chat in Dallas. :alien:

I'm going to get out again with these today, see if I can dial them in a little more!

Back