Miura forging process video

Speedliner

Reaction score
Handicap
Thought this was interesting. Not a lot of detail, but I liked seeing the general process.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting to say the least. Thanks for posting!

Cool to see all the work that goes into it.

That was cool, thanks for posting it.

Are you sure that's Miura? I didn't Baby Zeus hammering steel on Mt Olympus anywhere in that video!

Just kidding :D Cool video and I enjoyed watching it!

Lol Hawk, there was one thing that bothered me a little and it was the welded Hosel, I know it probably doesn't matter at all in any way, it just made me look differently at the product.

That was very interesting. They definitely have a nice looking club.

Next irons

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Lol Hawk, there was one thing that bothered me a little and it was the welded Hosel, I know it probably doesn't matter at all in any way, it just made me look differently at the product.
Yup, the welded hosel changed my view of Miura heads too. Of course, Miura fans would tell you that doesnt matter. Apparently when you are a, "God Hands" like Miura-san is, the laws of physics cease to apply.
The other interesting part of that video is that Miura doesnt have their own forge. According to Tourspecgolf, Endo does the forging for them and Miura does the final grinding and polishing.

Here's one re Mizuno. Doesn't look like they do there own forgings either. Also there are pictures of some heads that look like they have hosel and some that have stubs that would need a hosel welded on. Wonder of it varies by club, or matters at all.

I caught an interesting comment in the Miura video...that the heel and toe are forged separately, or was it a second forging. Not much detail on either, but still interesting.

I was watching "How It's Made" with my daughter last night and thought forged clubs would be interesting too. Amazing what's on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/An6tY7vRMic

Very cool video. I enjoy watching how things are made, especially golf clubs:act-up:

Here's one re Mizuno. Doesn't look like they do there own forgings either. Also there are pictures of some heads that look like they have hosel and some that have stubs that would need a hosel welded on. Wonder of it varies by club, or matters at all.

I caught an interesting comment in the Miura video...that the heel and toe are forged separately, or was it a second forging. Not much detail on either, but still interesting.

I was watching "How It's Made" with my daughter last night and thought forged clubs would be interesting too. Amazing what's on YouTube.

http://youtu.be/An6tY7vRMic

Mizuno don't do their own forgings, but the foundry they use produces product exclusively for them.

Can't be an actual video. Where was their butter churn?

cool video, the spin welding they use should be stronger than using an actual welder we are familiar with. Spin welding actually melts the two components together creating a stronger bond and a completely seamless one.

Thought this was interesting. Not a lot of detail, but I liked seeing the general process.

Love the Miuras, some of the finest craftsmanship in the golfing industry. Too bad every manufacturer doesn't pay as much attention to detail as Miura does...

After seeing that...I love my Miura irons a bit more :flowers4u:

That's very cool. I've only seen a few of their items in person and they've all been nice.

I enjoy seeing this kind of stuff, pretty interesting, thanks for sharing. Things have changed a bit from the good old days of heating and hammering over and over, lol. If I remember what I heard right, the Japanese take the forging industry extremely seriously and everything done in the country comes from one of like three foundries.

Great attention to detail but for the cost of the irons you would expect that

Saw a set of Black limited edition blades with yellow and green paintfill the other day. Makes me want to quit my job and do nothing but practice so I could game them. Either that or hang them in my den as art.

I like the looks of the muscle backs, they look like some ancient Samurai created them from the core of earth or something lol, but the cavity backs aren't attractive to me for some reason.

That was pretty interesting to see. Surprised how they attache the hosel. Very interesting process all around. Thanks for posting the vid!

Pretty cool video.

Back