Midwest get together.

Rhyno

Reaction score
Handicap
Hey all, there gave been more and more Midwesterners signing up to THP recently, which got me to thinking that maybe we should try and all get together this spring sometime to play some golf.

I wanted to see what kind of interest is out there, if we put it in the right area we can make it a fairly short dive for a good amount of people. Preliminary thoughts would be in the Lincoln Or Omaha area, but if we get a god list of people we can see if there is a more centralized area.

Time frame would probably be sometime this spring April or May.

Looking forward to everyone's thoughts.

Here are some links to previous Midwest get togethers.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?7957-Midwest-Golf-Get-Together-THP-Style

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?36231-Spring-Midwest-THP-Gathering

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?33342-THP-Tour-Van-Event-Des-Moines-IA

Thanks to IceyShanks for providing me with them.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I've always wanted to checkout a couple Omaha courses. Haven't had many people wanting to go out there, nor have I had a reason to set foot in Nebraska. So this gives me a reason to do both.

As much as I'd love to, this year probably isn't going to work for me with another young one to take care of. I've pretty much penciled in all the travelling that I'm going to be allowed already. Either way, plenty of guys in that area and you'll be able to get some interest!

I'd be interested if it was a bit further east.

As much as I'd love to, this year probably isn't going to work for me with another young one to take care of. I've pretty much penciled in all the travelling that I'm going to be allowed already. Either way, plenty of guys in that area and you'll be able to get some interest!

Unless it's in the QC! :banana:

That is correct! hahaha

I'd love to get the Midwest THP gang together again. The timeframe is going to be the touchy part for me. Once there is a date set if I can make it work though I'm in!

Deere Run could be fun.

Hawk, did that Nicklaus course ever open? lol

It's actually opening in April finally. Rates don't look terrible - around $70 with cart. I'm definitely going to check it out, but not until it's in good shape. Unless they have a spring rate that's cheaper.

It's actually opening in April finally. Rates don't look terrible - around $70 with cart. I'm definitely going to check it out, but not until it's in good shape. Unless they have a spring rate that's cheaper.

Whaaaaat. That's a far cry from the initial rates I was quoted... I guess that was like 1-2 years ago.

I think that is a great idea! Quarry Oaks would be a good one.

More or less?
Lot more. I recall being told $50-$55 with carts. I remember thinking those are pretty similar to TCI rates.

I was hoping it would be less too. I thought it was $55, but then realized cart wasn't added in. Sort of takes it out of the realm of a course I'll play regularly.

I think the Illinois invitation is about as much golf travel as I am going to do. As well.

Where's the Nicklaus course? I grew up in Davenport, btw.

Where's the Nicklaus course? I grew up in Davenport, btw.

It's in Sherrard and called Fyre Lake National. It was supposed to open a couple years ago, but the developers went belly up. New owners and they are finally going to launch this spring. Let me know if you're ever in the area!

Like I said before location and dates right now are just preliminary, and if there's enough interest I'll try and work it to get it into a location that is fairly centralized.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I'm in KC and would be interested in attending. Keep me posted !

Bump

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Des Moines is about the furthest west I'd be.willing to go and they have some amazing golf there.

Depending on the dates I could maybe make Omaha a short family vacation or something so I might be interested.

Des Moines is about the furthest west I'd be.willing to go and they have some amazing golf there.

It's your turn to travel, I've been over there the last 3 times, lol. You would love Quarry Oaks.

Could be interesting, will have to see what you guys come up with.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Back