Mizuno JPX-825 "Play Famously" Contest - Full Mizuno tour experience for 12 winners

Wow. When I thought companies couldn't go any lower, this happens. This makes me want to complain to Mizuno badly. I'm literally in shock at this complete rip off.

Thank you Mizuno for changing the wording on your website.

Thank you Mizuno for changing the wording on your website.
I missed the old wording, but glad they fixed it!

Okay, I have to say that I respect Mizuno for updating their contest.

I am glad that they changed the wording. It was such a blatantly obvious copy.

I don't understand the confusion. I DO understand the disappointment if you are an avid THPer that Mizuno declined to do this. But think about the numbers. If they do the Morgan Cup, they get exposure to roughly 16,000 people (now) and of those probably only a few handful of a thousand are truly active. Probably closer to 1000 truth be told. By them doing this on their own and not associated with THP, they get exposure to millions of people who know the Mizuno brand. I had never heard of the Morgan Cup until I started coming to THP and there was no reason for me to hear about it. Fact of the matter is, I will only give the Morgan Cup a cursory following even though I'm on here every day. Mostly I'm on here trying to learn. I get that it was low of them to claim to have the first event of this kind, but apparently they've changed that.

No offense, JB, just trying to point out a fact from a business perspective. THP is a great site and that's why I come on here for at least 30 minutes to an hour to read. Keep up the great work.

I don't understand the confusion. I DO understand the disappointment if you are an avid THPer that Mizuno declined to do this. But think about the numbers. If they do the Morgan Cup, they get exposure to roughly 16,000 people (now) and of those probably only a few handful of a thousand are truly active. Probably closer to 1000 truth be told. By them doing this on their own and not associated with THP, they get exposure to millions of people who know the Mizuno brand. I had never heard of the Morgan Cup until I started coming to THP and there was no reason for me to hear about it. Fact of the matter is, I will only give the Morgan Cup a cursory following even though I'm on here every day. Mostly I'm on here trying to learn. I get that it was low of them to claim to have the first event of this kind, but apparently they've changed that.

No offense, JB, just trying to point out a fact from a business perspective. THP is a great site and that's why I come on here for at least 30 minutes to an hour to read. Keep up the great work.

Couple of things. Your numbers are no where near accurate. THP reaches over 320,000 readers each month. A whole heck of a lot more than the Mizuno website, or any of their social media channels.
Certainly not 16,000. Last year the Morgan Cup home page article was viewed by over 1 million readers in the first three months. That is not impressions, but unique IP addresses.

This was not about reach, the issue for some was that a company took an idea that was pitched to them that they respectfully declined due to timing, and then copied the exact idea on their own and called it "a first".

My 16,000 came from members. I realize that you can do a lot of searches about "golf" and it leads you to THP. That's how I found the site.

And I acknowledged the second issue as being a pretty low life thing to do as well, but apparently they changed that. I'm assuming after being called out on it by various members.

I'm not disparaging THP by any stretch.

My 16,000 came from members. I realize that you can do a lot of searches about "golf" and it leads you to THP. That's how I found the site.

And I acknowledged the second issue as being a pretty low life thing to do as well, but apparently they changed that. I'm assuming after being called out on it by various members.

I'm not disparaging THP by any stretch.

It was changed after our discussions with the company.

Wow i had no idea. Mizzy ripped off the idea of the morgan cup. What a shady _______-ing thing to do. Looks like i might skip purchasing a set of jpx-825 pro irons. I dont like purchasing items from shady companies.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't call mizuno low down or dirty or anything because of this. I don't know what the conversation was like on JB's end but I don't Mizuno did this on purpose.

In all honesty I have seen things like this happen because over time someone forgets an idea was pitched, and someone doesn't so it's re pitch in a slightly different way and yea no one does any research any more.

My opinion of mizuno hasn't changed, at least now that they corrected their error.

(again I am only thinking in a hypothetical way I have no idea what happened or how JB's conversation with mizuno went)

I will say I was going to shoot them an email but I didn't want to take the risk of hurting the relationship Mizuno and THP has.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

What's that phrase, mimicking is the best form of flattery. JB had a great idea that he ran with and now others want to follow suit.
He is the Howard Stern of the Golf industry. Has great ideas that others want to copy. JB is an innovator, a head if his time. I hope their event does well it will confirm the concept Jwow thought of and brought to life.

What's that phrase, mimicking is the best form of flattery. JB had a great idea that he ran with and now others want to follow suit.
He is the Howard Stern of the Golf industry. Has great ideas that others want to copy. JB is an innovator, a head if his time. I hope their event does well it will confirm the concept Jwow thought of and brought to life.

I want Freddie's Siri. That girl plays tricks on him all the time. Poor guy. First time I meet JB I am gonna say "What's up Jwow!"

It would be my hope that the Mizuno event would be a success, along with them following the Morgan Cup info and realizing that it could be a beneficial partnership for both parties and approach JB and GG in hopes of sponsoring another team in the Morgan Cup 2014.

I want Freddie's Siri. That girl plays tricks on him all the time. Poor guy. First time I meet JB I am gonna say "What's up Jwow!"

Sadly it was not a Freddieism. It was from some trash talk during the Morgan Cup. JB + I named one of my wedges Wow Factor all for Cookie.

Sadly it was not a Freddieism. It was from some trash talk during the Morgan Cup. JB + I named one of my wedges Wow Factor all for Cookie.

Hope I can name my wedges this year. Got some ideas cooking!!

Oh....Mizzy makes buttery forged blah blah blah you get the point to keep this on topic.

That still doesn't change my love for Freddieisms. Haha oh well, I guess having the same name as a Jersey Shore "piece of work" is funny enough. :alien:

Those made up numbers seem pretty accurate.

LOL?

Well, I'm glad that they at least had the courtesy to change the wording on the website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a shame that Mizuno didn't work with THP in the MC. And yes, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery - although I'm glad they took off that "first" part of it. However, since JB is being magnanimous, I think it would worthwhile to Play Famously and sneak a THP headcover onto a Mizzy putter - once a THPer, always a THPer.

FREEDOOOOOMMMMM!!!!!

Saw it. Entered it.

Really was impressed with Mizuno JPX line at my local demo days- definitely count me in for this!!

Back