The Journey To Texas - The THP Tour Van

I LOVE me some Whataburger. There hasn't been one any where near where I've lived once I left Texas about 30 years ago. Man I'm gettin old. Every time I go back to go see family it's one of the must stops. They all just laugh at me. They just don't understand.

There used to be one on Hillsborough Ave near Dale Mabry. It closed, which was a darn shame.

No, about 60 miles east of Pensacola I believe.
Ah, ok. I miss Whataburger. Used to go to the one near I10 in Mobile all the time growing up.

There used to be one on Hillsborough Ave near Dale Mabry. It closed, which was a darn shame.

That's horrible. Whataburger was a clutch 1:30-2:00am food when you were uplate studying...

Freaking adore Whataburger.

yqyzyqu2.jpg

This is the greatest idea ever. I must now find a Whataburger and eat there immediately. Might be tough in Utah though lol

If you happen to pass a Larkburger stop for food. They do a Tunasteak sandwich that is incredible, burgers are really good and the truffle oil fries are out of this world

Just a quick update from the driver that we have 689 miles left in the trip. Since we are making such good time today, the drive tomorrow will be a piece of cake into Dallas.

In and Out and Five Guys have it beat. They're holding down a top 3 spot though.

But those aren't true fast food burgers to me, they're burger joints, not a fair comparison!

Back to the road trip! Hehe

Just a quick update from the driver that we have 689 miles left in the trip. Since we are making such good time today, the drive tomorrow will be a piece of cake into Dallas.

You really are making tremendous time.

Nice! Almost half way there and it's only 1:15 EST.

If we were crazy, we could try and do it straight through, but with fuel stops and puppies on board, its just not worth it.

As a true lover of road trips this thread puts a smile on my face. Good times.

I think five guys does, I don't like In and Out all that much. Fries are really weak

Blasphemy sir. Can you think of a better french fry that was made from scratch probably 20 minutes before you even ordered?

Jeez man you're booking it. You could almost push on into Dallas tonight with no issue if you felt the need. Oh btw, there's some construction slow down just east of downtown Dallas on I-20. At least there was a couple weeks ago.

But those aren't true fast food burgers to me, they're burger joints, not a fair comparison!

Five Guys, sure. In and Out though, there's a drive thru. Sure that's not fast food? Hehe

I'd just go inside the Walmart and sleep in their bedding section. They have some soft pillows, pull a lawn chair from the patio section over and you're SET!

i can strangely envision you doing this Jake...

Safe travels y'all!! That Panhandle sure does take forever to get thru it, right?

What are you guys using for GPS? I'm currently trying to get Sprinter to offer my navigation systems as an OEM option!

If we were crazy, we could try and do it straight through, but with fuel stops and puppies on board, its just not worth it.

Oh, it's worth it. It's freaking Texas where everything is bigger and better!!

And the home of me....so we got that going for us.

No need for fuel stops in Texas, you could just rely on the rollout. :alien:

Safe travels y'all!! That Panhandle sure does take forever to get thru it, right?

It rely does Canes.

What are you guys using for GPS? I'm currently trying to get Sprinter to offer my navigation systems as an OEM option!

Our Sprinter has a GPS built into the backup camera screen mounted by the driver. We also use a Rand McNally 5510 that is made for motorhome use.

Haha! True, true.

The winds so bad here it may force them to have worse gas mileage than the previous RV.

#seriously

On another note, I look forward to having my picture taken in front of the RV. Wonder if I get to test drive it like I did the smart car. Could never get the smart car to do a proper burnout.

Back