Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

My collection is complete and gaps dialed in using the new Cobra app. Decided to just stick with one color. My OCD got the best of me. Can't wait to put all 3 to use during the invitational this weekend.

zaberyqe.jpg

Sweet sticks. Looks even better with those gray Lampkins.

I wish they had the app online or for android. My hybo gets delivered tomorrow. I think I am going to go 14 on the wood and 18 on the hybrid

big fan of the matching head color with grip color.
Agreed, I wonder if Cobra will increase their custom grip catalog to match!

Agreed, I wonder if Cobra will increase their custom grip catalog to match!

don't they already have the matching Lamkin offerings?

My collection is complete and gaps dialed in using the new Cobra app. Decided to just stick with one color. My OCD got the best of me. Can't wait to put all 3 to use during the invitational this weekend.

zaberyqe.jpg

AWESOME!

I wish they had the app online or for android. My hybo gets delivered tomorrow. I think I am going to go 14 on the wood and 18 on the hybrid

We've got three of the colors taken care of between the three of us..lol. I borrowed an IPAD and ran the fit-n-fly app and it spit out exactly what I had picked out...whew!

We've got three of the colors taken care of between the three of us..lol. I borrowed an IPAD and ran the fit-n-fly app and it spit out exactly what I had picked out...whew!

What lofts are you running at? I went with the 2/3 H over the 3/4 H

Sorry I should have clarified. I hope they expand some of the custom grip options into colors outside the stock colored grips!

Siri speaks for me!

What lofts are you running at? I went with the 2/3 H over the 3/4 H

Answered in the other Cell thread...tough to separate them I know.:excruciating:

very nice capt.dru!!! Like it!

Like that blue as well jlukes!

I need to finish out my set it seems... In due time I believe

Went to golf galaxy today and hit this again! I love it. I don't think I will be going pro version. I had some nice draws with it on the reg 9.5 setting. Launch angle was at 14.8*. it had the stock stiff shaft. Had him put it on the 9.5 draw setting and it was too much right to left movement. With my driver I hit a fade. But with this it was a draw again like it was at Ohio demo day. Hmmmm

Went to the range today and pulled Big Red out and was so much fun! Can't wait until my adapter gets here for the "B"!

Went to golf galaxy today and hit this again! I love it. I don't think I will be going pro version. I had some nice draws with it on the reg 9.5 setting. Launch angle was at 14.8*. it had the stock stiff shaft. Had him put it on the 9.5 draw setting and it was too much right to left movement. With my driver I hit a fade. But with this it was a draw again like it was at Ohio demo day. Hmmmm
Sounds like it really performs, that's awesome!!

I wanted to hit this today but the outdoor bays were filled with people getting fitted. A few observations from looking at the club. I was happy to see the multi-colored pain thing was only toward the top of the shaft and not the entire length. I liked the silver and red colors. The Offset version was pretty interesting in that it did not look offset at all, especially compared to the prior model, which I gamed, where the offset was very pronounced. This one just looked kind of closed. I thought that was really weird...if it isn't going to really be offset you might as well buy a regular version of the club.

Interesting indeed. I wonder how the standard version set to one of the draw settings would work for you.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

I've been struggling with my driver (R11) for the last 6-8 months, really struggling with dispersion and launch angle's. So when the Mrs offered to buy me a new driver I nearly ripped her arm off.... Now I'm a Taylormade guy and pretty much had my heart set on a R1 or RBZ2. So on Friday (15 March) I went and tried nearly every driver on the market and within an hour we had narrowed it down to the Covert and AMP Cell. The covert was LONG but I was spraying them a little. The AMP Cell was not much shorter BUT arrow straight and my dispersion was awesome... Walked out with a Red AMP Cell with reg Fujikura Fuel 57 shaft at 10.5'.. First outing with it today, 12/13 fairways hit and 10 with the AMP Cell :golf:

I've been struggling with my driver (R11) for the last 6-8 months, really struggling with dispersion and launch angle's. So when the Mrs offered to buy me a new driver I nearly ripped her arm off.... Now I'm a Taylormade guy and pretty much had my heart set on a R1 or RBZ2. So on Friday (15 March) I went and tried nearly every driver on the market and within an hour we had narrowed it down to the Covert and AMP Cell. The covert was LONG but I was spraying them a little. The AMP Cell was not much shorter BUT arrow straight and my dispersion was awesome... Walked out with a Red AMP Cell with reg Fujikura Fuel 57 shaft at 10.5'.. First outing with it today, 12/13 fairways hit and 10 with the AMP Cell :golf:
Congrats! We keep herein similar reviews on his awesome driver. Hope you have many great rounds to follow.

Finding fairways is at the top of the list for me as well...congrats! It can flat out get some distance too. Enjoy Big Red!

LtEvO TaPpEd

I hit a few big drives today with it. I've got quite a slow SS of 86-92mph and even with the conditions here being VERY wet and very cold (~2'C today and its just started snowing...) I still managed a few 250+ drives :D

What do you guys think about the stock length of the Cell AMP (45.75) & Cell AMP Pro (45.25)?

I'm thinking about going with the Cell AMP Pro, but as 44.75 or even 44.50. I'm interested in a couple of Cobra's custom shaft options, but regardless of shaft, I'm thinking shorter than the stock length. I can sacrifice length if I can hit 75-100% FIR's.

Baby blue has arrived. Here he is with pops

quvera8y.jpg

y7a9a9e7.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Being a KY Wildcat the blue is sweeeeeeeeeet!

What do you guys think about the stock length of the Cell AMP (45.75) & Cell AMP Pro (45.25)?

I'm thinking about going with the Cell AMP Pro, but as 44.75 or even 44.50. I'm interested in a couple of Cobra's custom shaft options, but regardless of shaft, I'm thinking shorter than the stock length. I can sacrifice length if I can hit 75-100% FIR's.

I will be going shorter than stock for sure.

Back