2013 THP Invitational Series #1 - Texas - Sponsored By Callaway Golf

Sorry about the injuries guys! My sunburn behind my knees is the only thing that is bothering me anymore. It stings

Damn dude, sorry to hear that.

We told you guys that TX was not easy.....haha

Eh. I chalk this one up to my stupidity. Plus, I'll probably be the first (and hopefully last) person that has to undergo a double amputation upon arriving home from a THP gathering. I may lose my legs, but I had a great time.

Listen to all these injuries being racked up after the TX outing......LOL!

Lol. In our defense, at least we didn't show up with them and blame our horrendous play on them. There is that.

Yep, you would think since Hotled lives in Texas he would know to look at the ground before you lay down on it to try to get your golf ball from under somebody's fence :alien:

Lol. In our defense, at least we didn't show up with them and blame our horrendous play on them. There is that.
What's funny was I was offering my sunscreen to people on Friday and everyone was saying, "naaaaa, I want to get burnt!". Then on Saturday those guys were asking if I still had the sunscreen in my bag.

What's funny was I was offering my sunscreen to people on Friday and everyone was saying, "naaaaa, I want to get burnt!". Then on Saturday those guys were asking if I still had the sunscreen in my bag.

That is not true. You didn't offer me any on Friday.

I was simply too hungover to remember to put it on.

TBT shhhh it was a secret, that ball was in bounds! Shhhh..

Honestly I didn't even see it, that had to be the single dumbest thing I did all weekend, well that and falling through the wall of course, but hey I was drinking on that one!

Honestly I didn't even see it, that had to be the single dumbest thing I did all weekend, well that and falling through the wall of course, but hey I was drinking on that one!

When you fell through the wall, it would have been more epic if you had yelled "OH YEAH!" like Kool-Aid Man.

When you fell through the wall, it would have been more epic if you had yelled "OH YEAH!" like Kool-Aid Man.

The look on the people's faces on the other side was priceless. I damn near choked on my margarita I was laughing so hard

I could see some of them through the cracks in the wall. They were prety funny. The wall looked sturdy to me, so I'm just glad I wasn't the one to reveal the secret.

Grapevine Muni GC,
Front nine, Mockingbird, #6: This bad boy is about 4 foot long
20130317_111810_zps44b6870a.jpg
[/IMG]

Front nine, Mockingbird #8. Helped this little guy get across the fairway.
20130317_113310_zpsad35022c.jpg
[/IMG]

Backnine, Pecan #7 (our 16th). This guy kept walking towards me like he wanted to get into the Octagon. But, he was just clearing the path for his lady friend.
20130317_132003_zps67624ef2.jpg
[/IMG]

Well i finally got some sleep and a chance to write a proper recap... I really couldn't be happier that i made this trip, Flew into Dallas and had Bulldog and Ron pick me up in style from the airport (thanks again guys) went back and checked into the luxurious Motel 6 and grabbed my first Whattaburger and delicous spicy ketchup. So as you can tell things started off pretty good for me... Fridays Round at Tangleridge was my best round and most consistent. Started off the weekend right learning about Texas Wind and Texas Roll with my first tee shot which was a 317 yard hybrid off the tee.... i couldn't believe my eyes. It was really cool that we got 4 of the 8 Callaway Staffers Freddie,Nate,Jake and I played together and those guys were great to play with. It was such a fun round. Playing Wolf with these guys was a blast and Getting to hit the XHOT Pro irons and the XHOT 3 wood was fun i think all of us hit Callaway clubs every chance we could. and Hitting the X HOT Pro Irons close on a few of the par 3's and winning the one closes to the pin pot was nice and paid for my earlier flight fee on my way home. But was fun learning the course and talking Morgan Cup and Callaway all day with those guys. Saturdays round was a bit different for me something about a 6+hour round that makes it hard to get in a groove the good news was i still had a blast with playing with Jake again, Triple Bogey Tim and Sharkhat. just the fact that i had a good time playing golf that slow for that long shows how cool THPers are. and seeing those dumb tiger woods look alikes would normally just annoy me but i think i only yelled at them once, when i saw the lining up and looking at a 2' putt from 3 different angles. It was cool talking to everyone and seeing where they lived and how far they traveled as well to make it down to Dallas. Dinner Saturday was good and it was fun hearing JB and Morgan try to talk JMAN into buying that RV. Sunday packed up and headed over to grapevine and the golf gods smiled because it looked like it was gonna rain and the skys cleared up and the weather was just absolutely perfect one of those rounds you dream of weather wise... as for my actual round i didn't start off well but i got it together on the back and shot +2 on the back 9 and finally saw my short game come together pretty good. It was a lot of fun playing with Seth, Shane and Cookie. Even Cookie was bombing it on Sunday and he played really well and had some great holes. That was a long knockers group for sure. Seth and Shane both had really solid games and it was fun watching them tear up the course as i scrambled my @$$ of most of the day. But it was a fun round and really had a blast playing....took a quick shower at the course and Cookie was nice enough to take me to the airport after a quick road construction detour and grabbed an earlier flight after flirting with the lady at the ticket counter and lowering the cost of the fees. All in all I couldn't be happier that i made the trip down especially because its supposed to snow here again later today. It was great finally meeting so many people..... and getting to meet 2 of my Villa Mates for the outing in Jman and Jesse it looks like were gonna have a blast down in Orlando in a few months. Glad i got to meet Dennis and Jeff and man did Jeff and Jesse get burnt everytime i saw how red i was i just laughed cause those guys were about 10 shades darker. Jeff was almost glowing Saturday night drinking in Jake and Jesses room.

Few Shout outs...
Dennis it was great being your partner sorry i sucked it up on Saturday but it was great finally meeting you and getting in a round.

Jeff, it was great to meet you as well i truly hope you can get into the shower by weeks end without cringing. that just looks painful bro!

Bulldog thanks again for giving me those rides around town, you're a great guy and really what THP is all about.

TBT, great to meet you as well teammate it was fun getting to play with you and looking forward to taking home the morgan cup in July. Seeing you drain those putts got me excited and reminded me of your stellar play in Myrtle last year.

Jesse, it truly was great to finally meet you bro, after exchanging some PMs for a while can't wait for the outing. Thanks again for my chalice of beer and don't forget to PM me your addy so i can get that DVD to you.

Freddie great to finally get a round in with ya bro, was a good time and anytime you're in Boston feel free to give me a call.

Jake, man i bet you're glad you didn't play with me Sunday since i talked your ear off the first two rounds about everything morgan cup and Callaway but it was a absolute blast playing with you and really looking forward to July.

Cookie and Nate thanks again for putting all the hard work in and putting this together i had a blast and both of you guys were really helpful in making this trip possible for me. And it was great playing with both of you and can't wait to see you both again in July even if Nates the only one that will be on the winning team!

All the Callaway Boys... it was truly awesome to see all of you guys and getting to meet all of you in person. None of you had to make the trip but you wanted to and it just shows what kind of company Callaway has become and makes me even more happy to have Callaway as a sponsor for the MC this year. Getting to hit all your clubs this weekend has pumped me up and made my decision very hard to decide whats gonna make my bag because everything i hit was impressive! Thanks again for the balls, hats and for making the trip.

JB and Morgan, Thank you for making the trip out to texas really was great to see you both and catch up. was cool getting the tour of the new tour van i love the toilet shower. Getting down to the 1st invitational really got the excitement for the AC Invitational to grow even more for me after being reminded how much fun these invitationals are. Thanks for everything that you both do to make these possible.

some pics i took
IMG_2384_zps3f598721.jpg
IMG_2389_zpsfd9813f4.jpg
IMG_2381_zps9983dbdb.jpg
IMG_2404_zpsf53c975d.jpg

317 with a hybrid!?!?!?!?! Can somebody please import some Texas wind and roll to Missouri for me?

317 with a hybrid!?!?!?!?! Can somebody please import some Texas wind and roll to Missouri for me?
You don't want it......the hole he hit it into the wind it went -25 yards on.

These fire ant bites I got are swollen and hurting clear into the muscle arghhh Never kneel down next to a harmless dirt mound!

Ya....in the end I don't think fishing that golf ball from that back yard was worth it.....get better soon!!!!

It's pretty funny to see someone hit what they think is a bad shot and when they walk off the tee box you say "dude it's still rolling" and it ends up way out there. Definitely a first for me to see that. I have to assume that it wouldn't be like that when the grass is alive.

Just be glad they were Texas ants and didn't want to migrate North!

Yeah your right but then again, if I hit like you then I would have taken them out of play by 200 yards you over grown John Daly Jr.:alien2:

LOL that made my day!!!!!!

Haha, you guys almost killed the poor snake until I took charge of the situation.

I may have putted better if I used that snake!

Back