The THP Bridgestone Championship - THP Invades Las Vegas

Same, wish I was in too dude. Next time I wont plan my trip to Vegas before invitational list comes out

Bail on ur other one...#problemsolved

Not possible to be better than this one with 40+ THPERS!

No.. I am working on it like nobodies business but I can't get Jake to stop my apartment and swoon the GF..

What the heck, Some kind of wingman that guy is

No.. I am working on it like nobodies business but I can't get Jake to stop my apartment and swoon the GF..

That sucks, I won't let him anywhere near my girlfriend. Haha j/k

I'm no fan of Vegas, but this is one trip I really wish I could make. She's getting closer to saying yes, I can feel it, just doubt she does it quickly enough,.

Got any Barry White CDs?

I think most west coasters that have been around for a while and been active in the forum are signed up for this. The few people who pop in once in a while and gripe that there is nothing out this way once every 6-8 months are not here, nor should they be. I think 14 or 15 out of 40 or 35-38% is a pretty good show.

It is a good showing. Very good and we are thrilled to have them. I can honestly say I expected more signups from the CA group that gets together and plays monthly, but that is neither here nor there. This signup (as they all do), helps us plan accordingly for future events. I believe we have a handful from CA, 1 or 2 from PNW, a couple from AZ, (obviously rough estimate), etc.

UPDATE:

So here's the deal, we have 2 spots left and 4 people who have inquired. Due to the way this is working out with significant others, there is a strong possibility we will need to open this up to a few more golfers so once the last 2 spots are paid for then I will begin the waiting list.

I can honestly say that we do hope that this will be full and stopped at 40 people and do not have to open it back up for more, but we are excited either way. THPers sold this one out pretty darn quickly.

Sold out in a day for the event of the year, way to bring it THPERS!

It is a good showing. Very good and we are thrilled to have them. I can honestly say I expected more signups from the CA group that gets together and plays monthly, but that is neither here nor there. This signup (as they all do), helps us plan accordingly for future events. I believe we have a handful from CA, 1 or 2 from PNW, a couple from AZ, (obviously rough estimate), etc.

I can honestly say that we do hope that this will be full and stopped at 40 people and do not have to open it back up for more, but we are excited either way. THPers sold this one out pretty darn quickly.

I responded more indepth in a PM cause this is not the place to discuss it but for the record, of the 4 who play regularly in SoCal as you mentioned in your post. I believe 3 of them are headed for Vegas.

This is going to be a wonderful invitational, one for the ages. We should all praise and applaud the efforts of JB, GG, Mikedean and of course Bridgestone!!!

I responded more indepth in a PM cause this is not the place to discuss it but for the record, of the 4 who play regularly in SoCal as you mentioned in your post. I believe 3 of them are headed for Vegas.

This is going to be a wonderful invitational, one for the ages. We should all praise and applaud the efforts of JB, GG, Mikedean and of course Bridgestone!!!

Amen! And FWIW, the huge popularity of this event would surely warrant an annual Vegas swing, no? 12-15 west coasters and I'd be willing to be even more next year once they hear how awesome this one ends up being.

I'm very proud of this event and this community and look forward to hearing more details as we progress towards late September. My anticipation is high now, and I have a feeling we've just cracked the surface of things to come.

I want to give a HUGE Thank You to Bridgestone Golf for supporting this event. I too am hoping this might be the first in a regular series of Las Vegas or Western events, but I'm not taking that for granted, and plan to give this event MY ALL because it is the One and Only Final THP Invitational for 2013!

Amen! And FWIW, the huge popularity of this event would surely warrant an annual Vegas swing, no? 12-15 west coasters and I'd be willing to be even more next year once they hear how awesome this one ends up being.
Amen!!

I'm very proud of this event and this community and look forward to hearing more details as we progress towards late September. My anticipation is high now, and I have a feeling we've just cracked the surface of things to come.

You got that right Rob. Over the next few weeks, we will have tons of info about this one and it is going to be very special.

I can't even explain how good it feels to have a Vegas golf trip planned and paid for. I'm turning 40 in May and my buddies and I are planning a weekend trip to Monterey to play 3 or 4 rounds and I'm more excited about this Vegas trip than that at this point!!!!!! Getting to take my wife along, when opportunities to travel without the kids are so rare, just makes it even better. #sopumped!

I'm happy that we do have what I think is a decent number of CA and west coast people signed up. Could there have been more? Sure, but I think that there are also some west coast people going to The Outing in May that are not coming to Vegas and perhaps the logistics and finances of multiple trips simply made it not possible.

That the event basically sold out in a day is fantastic. I know that after talking to JB in Texas that I had to do whatever it takes to make sure that I was going to Vegas and I can see that some others obviously thought the same way as several 'on the fencers' are now off the fence and in the correct pasture. I can only imagine what THP and Bridgestone have in store for us.

And don't forget, this is a two day event so perhaps we'll have an epic finish on the 18th hole with a big gallery watching me and the rest of the top 2 or 3 battle for the title. Hmm... Too early for trash talk? :alien2:

And don't forget, this is a two day event so perhaps we'll have an epic finish on the 18th hole with a big gallery watching me and the rest of the top 2 or 3 battle for the title. Hmm... Too early for trash talk?
Not at all, assuming I'm your partner in this scenario :)

Out of curiosity, do the competitions use gross or net scores?

Texas was combined gross score. That doesn't mean that that's the only format available though.

Texas and the others have been total gross score for both players in a two man team. At first that might sound odd but JG and GG are pretty good at making the teams fair based on each participants ability and as a result, it's pretty competitive.

I believe it was mentioned earlier. gross.

Given that this is a two day event, who knows what they have planned. I am confident that whatever the format, it'll be fun, it'll work and if Cookie and I are partners again, we'll get our redemption. If not, then he'll have to settle for not winning. :)

Back