Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedge ponder Friday!

Who's pondering? Heading to Golf Town later I believe.

Cleveland RTX?

Pondering some J40 in Satin/Chrome or a RTX CB/MB set. I'm thinking 54/60 right now. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want a low bounce or a high bounce 60* wedge as I could really use both.

Pondering some J40 in Satin/Chrome or a RTX CB/MB set. I'm thinking 54/60 right now. I'm having a hard time deciding if I want a low bounce or a high bounce 60* wedge as I could really use both.

I like the 2 dot setup from Cleveland. However Bridgestone wedges are incredibly versatile with their bounce.

Have you checked out SCOR V sole or the 588 RTG?

Do I need a 60* J40 wedge? Thinking mid bounce if I can find one to be used everywhere.

I like the 2 dot setup from Cleveland. However Bridgestone wedges are incredibly versatile with their bounce.

Agree 100%. Always offer a great amount of versatility for a variety of lies and conditions.

Do I need a 60* J40 wedge? Thinking mid bounce if I can find one to be used everywhere.

The J40's do not offer any bounce options due to the sole design. I absolutely love them as well.

Several years ago when I went through an iron fitting at GolfTEC, it spit out the PX 5.0 flighted IIRC.

That's what I needed to know buddy!

Pondering a new bag. Can't decide if I want to sellout and get a Callaway because I just got new Cally clubs or pick up a Sun Mountain/Titleist...

Wedge ponder Friday you say? I'm looking at moving from 50/56 to 50/54/58. Current front runner is the J40s since I have them already and quite enjoy them. However I'm not sure about the bounce. Should I want something lower than 10.5 on my lob wedge? I know I want a some on the 54. Other considerations are Callaway forged, though I did see some X-Forged wedges at GS the other day for a great deal. Final option is the RTX. I liked the CB but would almost certainly go MB in the 54/58.

Question on bounce. I've always gone with standard or mid bounce. We play off some tight lies, but I feel like with my J40 wedge, I can address most of those. Minus the chunky monkeys I've been putting down lately of course. How do you guys decide on bounce?

Wedge ponder Friday you say? I'm looking at moving from 50/56 to 50/54/58. Current front runner is the J40s since I have them already and quite enjoy them. However I'm not sure about the bounce. Should I want something lower than 10.5 on my lob wedge? I know I want a some on the 54. Other considerations are Callaway forged, though I did see some X-Forged wedges at GS the other day for a great deal. Final option is the RTX. I liked the CB but would almost certainly go MB in the 54/58.

Question on bounce. I've always gone with standard or mid bounce. We play off some tight lies, but I feel like with my J40 wedge, I can address most of those. Minus the chunky monkeys I've been putting down lately of course. How do you guys decide on bounce?

I thought we talked about this alread? Today is XHot-ier Friday!!!!

I thought we talked about this alread? Today is XHot-ier Friday!!!!

I already got XHot-ier though. Wedges should be the last piece for my bag. Until I decide I need another piece anyways! :D

I already got XHot-ier though. Wedges should be the last piece for my bag. Until I decide I need another piece anyways! :D

You said you wanted a 5W also. Make it happen! Wedges can wait! As for Captain War Eagle, SILENCE!!!

If you pick the ball clean with your wedges I would say go lower bounce. If you dig more with wedge shots (like I do) I would go with th higher bounce options. FWIW I have 54/12 and 58/12

Tapping away on my S3

Silver bstone mini staff!

You said you wanted a 5W also. Make it happen! Wedges can wait! As for Captain War Eagle, SILENCE!!!

Yeah. Put the XH 5W up against the Mashie F5 yesterday, and it didn't quite cut the mustard. I'm sticking with the F5 until something gives me a reason to go elsewhere...

..So wedges it is!

Yeah. Put the XH 5W up against the Mashie F5 yesterday, and it didn't quite cut the mustard. I'm sticking with the F5 until something gives me a reason to go elsewhere...

..So wedges it is!

Friend request revoked...hahaha Numbers dont lie. Get some wedges already. Stop pondering. You are almost as bad a MikeDean.

I love the 50/54/58 setup but would not go spinner in the 50* again....just don't get enough out of it on full shots.

The whole bounce thing I tend to overthink and that is why I love the J40's, SCOR's, etc - they just seem to work and keep me from thinking do I have the right setup.

Friend request revoked...hahaha Numbers dont lie. Get some wedges already. Stop pondering. You are almost as bad a MikeDean.

LOL. I'll make a decision eventually! Every time I get close, something changes my mind.

I love the 50/54/58 setup but would not go spinner in the 50* again....just don't get enough out of it on full shots.

The whole bounce thing I tend to overthink and that is why I love the J40's, SCOR's, etc - they just seem to work and keep me from thinking do I have the right setup.

Yeah, I'm going with a set wedge in the 50. Very good chance I stick with the J40s. They've been good to me so far...

Nike and Trusty Rusty Wedges. #WPF

Continuing the #WPF madness, I am pondering some new wedges. I like the ATV's but I really want a 50-54-58 set.

Loving this #WPF

Still pondering the Callaway copper wedges either 54/58 or 56/60

Don't know that I could game a 60 at this point but that ego us there.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Still pondering the Callaway copper wedges either 54/58 or 56/60

Don't know that I could game a 60 at this point but that ego us there.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

What are you gaming now? I think that with the Callaways a 58˚ is just as good as a 60. All you have to do is open it up a little. Like a touch!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back