Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

I really don't like making decisions. I think overall though, I don't lose either way.
Well.. ok THPers.. let's make a decision for JT723.
I say go all the way with TT (4 - PW + AW/GW) then add 54 degree and either 58 or 60 degree.. :)

Well.. ok THPers.. let's make a decision for JT723.
I say go all the way with TT (4 - PW + AW/GW) then add 54 degree and either 58 or 60 degree.. :)

I think I'm going to pass on the AW/GW idea. I like the all TT thing though. TT 4-9 and then wedges at 48* (bent to 47*), 50* (bent to 51*), 56* (bent to 55*) and 60* (bent to 59*

Hmmm... Canadan and JT thinking about rocking the TTs huh? I never would have guessed that. I need to hit them again as well. Unfortunately the course I work at only has the stock shaft at the moment and that simply doesn't work for me.

What shaft were you hitting with JT?
That's awesome guys. I love the fact that JT and Canadan are considering these. They are some solid irons

They are great. I wish I could get them on an open range with a good couple of shaft pairings, but I am seeing some high quality numbers. Even if I go MBs for a large % of my irons, I have to believe I'll sneak at least a couple of these into the top end of the bag.

Get some numbers, you have a Morgan Cup to win!

Yes, yes my team does.

I think I'm going to pass on the AW/GW idea. I like the all TT thing though. TT 4-9 and then wedges at 48* (bent to 47*), 50* (bent to 51*), 56* (bent to 55*) and 60* (bent to 59*
Even though I decided to play my i20 another season, I am really tempted either JPX 825 pro or TT right now

They are great. I wish I could get them on an open range with a good couple of shaft pairings, but I am seeing some high quality numbers. Even if I go MBs for a large % of my irons, I have to believe I'll sneak at least a couple of these into the top end of the bag.
Couldn't agree more with this. Possible 3, 4, and 5 TT iron? We'll have to see......
Even though I decided to play my i20 another season, I am really tempted either JPX 825 pro or TT right now
I also really loved the i20's. The TT's feel even better then them, which is hard to believe. However, it's true.

I want to get an open range with the MT's as well. I know what you mean as I'm getting close to being able to make a decision but the shafts are still the part where we don't really know our choices yet so it's hard to start to figure it out.

Yes, yes my team does.

Couldn't agree more with this. Possible 3, 4, and 5 TT iron? We'll have to see......

That three iron might come stock at like 18* man!!! You going to ponder a single wood and then irons? I dig it.

I want to get an open range with the MT's as well. I know what you mean as I'm getting close to being able to make a decision but the shafts are still the part where we don't really know our choices yet so it's hard to start to figure it out.

I think one true advantage to open range fittings, is that while you may miss out on full LM numbers, you get to see your ball in flight.

Pardon my (arrogance?) but I don't buy into flightscope or many of those video LMs. Especially with worn down balls I have zero intentions of playing with those irons.

Oh I completely agree. I trust ball speed and things like that, but I really want to see what effect the spin produced (side or back) has on flight related to my swing.

And you're right about the balls that are there to use most of the time. Not cool

I think one true advantage to open range fittings, is that while you may miss out on full LM numbers, you get to see your ball in flight.

Pardon my (arrogance?) but I don't buy into flightscope or many of those video LMs. Especially with worn down balls I have zero intentions of playing with those irons.

Or no woods like Beljan (sp)

Dude, the more I hit that hybrid, the more I ponder a 15* over a classic 3w....

Oh I completely agree. I trust ball speed and things like that, but I really want to see what effect the spin produced (side or back) has on flight related to my swing.

And you're right about the balls that are there to use most of the time. Not cool

watching a wedge spin a ball 4000 rpm made me laugh awfully hard. Check those numbers at the door... Sad.

That three iron might come stock at like 18* man!!! You going to ponder a single wood and then irons? I dig it.

The 3, 4 and 5 would be weakened to match the MB's, but yes. Probably 1 wood in this case.

I would just have to see how my distance pair up. I might have to suck it up and get rid of 1 wedge and add a hybrid to gap the yardages correctly.

I was able to get out and hit these at a golfsmith over the weekend. and I must say I came away impressed. The launch monitor wasnt working correctly so I didnt get distances and flight. But, I will say that the ball seemed to pop off the face of these. I did hit all 3 lines, and honestly they all felt incredible. After hitting these, I will say that there is no question these will be in my bag. The one thing I got to thinking about was the shafts. I have no clue which direction to take on those. But, it was nice being able to narrow it down to these irons.

Struggling with my 50* today, I really started thinking hard about the DW that goes with this set...

I use my 50* for full shots, so the DW at 49* could easily fit the bill for me. Around the green is my 55* or 60*, so I dont think I will have too much of a drop off.

I was able to get out and hit these at a golfsmith over the weekend. and I must say I came away impressed. The launch monitor wasnt working correctly so I didnt get distances and flight. But, I will say that the ball seemed to pop off the face of these. I did hit all 3 lines, and honestly they all felt incredible. After hitting these, I will say that there is no question these will be in my bag. The one thing I got to thinking about was the shafts. I have no clue which direction to take on those. But, it was nice being able to narrow it down to these irons.

I'm pretty sure these would be in my bag if I was a Cleveland guy. Maybe a MT for my 5 and possibly 6 iron. But there are a lot of things to like about these irons.

I'm pretty sure these would be in my bag if I was a Cleveland guy. Maybe a MT for my 5 and possibly 6 iron. But there are a lot of things to like about these irons.

Dean, we like the same mixed MT/TT setup, that is neat.

Dean, we like the same mixed MT/TT setup, that is neat.

you clearly have more experience with these than I do. But it's something I would consider. I had the TT in my hands again today and it's just an iron that I like both visually and performance wise. Going with an MT though as a 5 and possibly 6 would be an interesting. When I play courses that stretch to 64-6700 I need a 5 iron that I can rely on a lot more times then I would care to admit.

I think I know the irons that you are playing now....if you are enjoying the KBS Tour shafts, I would stick with that if I was you.

Hmmm, after talking to the pro at a club I might consider joining, it turns out he has a Cleveland fitting cart with the 588 range so I have just spent time readng both of the TT and MT threads and these might just have appeared on my radar for trying out as well.....

I really hate this place sometimes.... :alien:

I think I know the irons that you are playing now....if you are enjoying the KBS Tour shafts, I would stick with that if I was you.
yeah, I do like the shafts, but...I want something a little lighter.

So, I've been more or less staring at the Cleveland site with as much as War talked about these to me in the past. I need to go find them somewhere and hit them I think.

So, I've been more or less staring at the Cleveland site with as much as War talked about these to me in the past. I need to go find them somewhere and hit them I think.
I think you need to hit them, as well.

I had some good shots today, and some shots that I would like back, but at the end of the day, the TT's are phenomenal.

I think you need to hit them, as well.

I had some good shots today, and some shots that I would like back, but at the end of the day, the TT's are phenomenal.

You've successfully piqued my intrigue good sir.

You've successfully piqued my intrigue good sir.
Today, my focus was on taking a bit extra club and swinging easy. What I found, was that I didnt need to take extra club. That smooth, crisp swing had the ball flying off the face of the TTs.

My miss was when I was trying to step on it for more distance. When I was swinging out of my shoes, I was met with some line drives and a few that fell off high and right. Smooth, even tempo'd swing and I was in business.

Today, my focus was on taking a bit extra club and swinging easy. What I found, was that I didnt need to take extra club. That smooth, crisp swing had the ball flying off the face of the TTs.

My miss was when I was trying to step on it for more distance. When I was swinging out of my shoes, I was met with some line drives and a few that fell off high and right. Smooth, even tempo'd swing and I was in business.

Says a lot right there, sounds like ball-speed to me! What do you think about the shafts?

Back