Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it's gone down lately. Yesterday for most of the day I was in the mid to low 90s.

Gotta be going through some kind of swing funk, any chance the sim/monitor was off? That is a huge change.

Gotta be going through some kind of swing funk, any chance the sim/monitor was off? That is a huge change.

No, I've lost like 20-30 yards in the last few months. Seeing 215-220 carry with my driver. Lol.

How the hell do you lose like 20MPH?

It's the Clemson setting. You start out all hyped up but ultimately flame out at the end.

Seriously, though. 10-15mph loss seems like a lot. Are you swinging differently?

It's the Clemson setting. You start out all hyped up but ultimately flame out at the end.

Seriously, though. 10-15mph loss seems like a lot. Are you swinging differently?

Not that I know of. Distance is just going down and down and down little by little.

Not that I know of. Distance is just going down and down and down little by little.

So strange. That's not supposed to start happening until you're at least my age

i got into a funk with my swing that kept me from properly hinging my wrists. Lost a solid club of distance. You may want to check your swing out. That's a lot of distance loss.

Winter layers maybe? And not to be mean but Freshman 15 maybe?

i got into a funk with my swing that kept me from properly hinging my wrists. Lost a solid club of distance. You may want to check your swing out. That's a lot of distance loss.

Yeah I've got some lessons over the summer to get it sorted out.

Winter layers maybe? And not to be mean but Freshman 15 maybe?

It's warm where I am, so no layers. And I haven't gained any weight (put on muscle actually).

I think I'm just swinging a bit shorter and not swinging as hard at it. Losing SS that way.

I'm pondering a Bridgestone J40 4w to replace my R11s 3W. I'm not real happy with how I hit my R11s off the fairway, I also tend to hook it, and there is a big gap between my 3w and my Bridgestone J36 3h. I love my J36 3 hybrid, it isn't leaving my bag, but it isn't real long for me. I think the J40 4 would be easier to hit off the deck and that I'd hit it straighter with the heavier shaft and square face angle, at least that has been my experience with the hybrids. Wish I had somewhere close to hit one.

so today I went to a demo event at my local course. I started with Taylormade and didn't really feel it.

While I was hitting the R1, I saw the Cobra golf rep hitting balls next to me, he hit a 350 yard drive using a Cobra amp consistently so I dropped the R1 and went to see him. He introduced himself (I forget his name) and told me he was #9 in the long drive champs (65 and above) and he then proceeded by giving me a driver fitting. He made me try a few different set ups with the Amp Cell, with different shafts and lofts, and flex. He finally set me up at 44 inches, 9.5 degree in stiff flex with the stock FUEL shaft 60g, and I was hitting bombs with that thing, I stopped missing right, and my ball was hitting a nice little draw.

I have never been this impressed first with a driver like this, and second with a company. The Rep was so fantastic, he spent about 1 hour and a half hitting balls with me and teaching me how to get the best out of that driver, as well as fixing my swing. I have never hit balls so straight and long. I am pondering the AMP cell in red now!!!!!!

The biggest problem I had was that the current drivers on the market are too long for me but with the driver settings he set me up with, I was hitting the best tee shots of my life!

so today I went to a demo event at my local course. I started with Taylormade and didn't really feel it.

While I was hitting the R1, I saw the Cobra golf rep hitting balls next to me, he hit a 350 yard drive using a Cobra amp consistently so I dropped the R1 and went to see him. He introduced himself (I forget his name) and told me he was #9 in the long drive champs (65 and above) and he then proceeded by giving me a driver fitting. He made me try a few different set ups with the Amp Cell, with different shafts and lofts, and flex. He finally set me up at 44 inches, 9.5 degree in stiff flex with the stock FUEL shaft 60g, and I was hitting bombs with that thing, I stopped missing right, and my ball was hitting a nice little draw.

I have never been this impressed first with a driver like this, and second with a company. The Rep was so fantastic, he spent about 1 hour and a half hitting balls with me and teaching me how to get the best out of that driver, as well as fixing my swing. I have never hit balls so straight and long. I am pondering the AMP cell in red now!!!!!!

The biggest problem I had was that the current drivers on the market are too long for me but with the driver settings he set me up with, I was hitting the best tee shots of my life!

I support this ponder. Best, most consistent driver I have ever hit.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Dude get one and have it cut down. Shouldn't be a problem at all. I support your non Taylormade decisions haha

Pondering a few things. A J40 with Attas T2 shaft. I'm very excited for this one. Nike VR forged wedges. This is more of a determining what lofts I will get ponder. Also pondering selling 2 iron sets to get some G25's.

Pondering why the Project X 6.5 shafts are at the top my list.

Follow up ponder: Finding some PX6.5 pulls.

Irons I assume? Px 5.5 have treated me well.

Irons I assume? Px 5.5 have treated me well.

yessir. Maybe a touch higher than the C-Tapers and X100's but not ballooning IMO, and a good 5-10 yards of carry longer on the open range. Very interesting.

Dude get one and have it cut down. Shouldn't be a problem at all. I support your non Taylormade decisions haha

Yeah man I'm excited, the driver sounded amazing I was hitting the sweet spot consistently, we used some impact tape and with the full length shaft it was too far out to the heel. Then when it was shorter, it was right in the center and even if I missed high on the face I was still hitting straight and far- talk about consistent! I have never felt so confident and even the rep told me he saw a difference in my swing when we figured out the right driver for me. I stopped hitting right, and was the first time I've hit a consistent draw, WOW I've never been so impressed with both a company and their customer service.

Another thing is that the winds rose up really badly (30mph) and I was still hitting straight. I really loved what I saw today, and I will definitely drop the r11 for this. Also now I'm pondering the silver one haha. The best loft for me was lower than I expected. Which is cool

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

This is what I want.

u4yqa6u5.jpg

Do it, Satch! Awesome!

I am looking at getting a few Scor wedges and a new Adams hybrid. Just need the J40s to get in so I can checked for my gaps and see what is really needed.

Just for reference, Wedge Pondering is typically reserved for Friday nights... :alien:

Do it, Satch! Awesome!

I think I will, I'm going to scrape some money together and trade in my r11 I can't wait

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Sorry Tapatalk double post lol

pretty nice r11s 9 deg with a black tie in x flex for $180 on craigslist. maybe i can work out a trade for my driver, and/or some of the stuff i have for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back