SeeMore SPi Experience

Nice WCBM. If I don't say so myself...

Stunning dude! I can't wait to implement the SPi method with this gorgeous piece!!

oh timmy that is a hot flatstick brother....

Nice pics WCBM! Love the head cover.

Beautiful putter Tim. I have an original FGP that's very similar, so I know you'll love it!

Looking for some bombs dropping at the MC!

WCBM - those are the same grooves that I have on my Tour mFGP. I love it. The grooves are so aggressive that its hard to drag a ball to yourself as your putting. They dig into the ball and it just stays there. No to mention how quickly with the correct loft and the grooves the ball starts rolling.

WCBM - those are the same grooves that I have on my Tour mFGP. I love it. The grooves are so aggressive that its hard to drag a ball to yourself as your putting. They dig into the ball and it just stays there. No to mention how quickly with the correct loft and the grooves the ball starts rolling.

Chris, do you have a picture of the face? Are the grooves similar to this?

productimage-picture-private-reserve-limited-black-db4-cu-insert-655_jpg_607x607_q85.jpg

Had my final of three SPI lessons today. i was able to get back on the swing byte to check the numbers. My biggest accomplishments were in the face angle at impact. With 30 putts my high was .9 closed the low was 0 but the average was .3 degrees closed. Tempo was 2.6 mph nearly every time. I dont have all the numbers yet, but once i do i will throw them in here. The one thing I still have a slight issue with is a solid and repeatable follow through. I mean I have a good follow through but there are times where I get a little inconsistent on where it ends up each time. Set up, grip, posture is all second nature at this point. This is the first time in a long time that I feel confident and comfortable with my putting. A great investment and I would recommend this to any and every golfer regardless of skill level.

great to hear that you say some improvements throughout Kevin. Being confident on the greens is something that goes a long way in this game and it's awesome that you have that feeling now.

Had my final of three SPI lessons today. i was able to get back on the swing byte to check the numbers. My biggest accomplishments were in the face angle at impact. With 30 putts my high was .9 closed the low was 0 but the average was .3 degrees closed. Tempo was 2.6 mph nearly every time. I dont have all the numbers yet, but once i do i will throw them in here. The one thing I still have a slight issue with is a solid and repeatable follow through. I mean I have a good follow through but there are times where I get a little inconsistent on where it ends up each time. Set up, grip, posture is all second nature at this point. This is the first time in a long time that I feel confident and comfortable with my putting. A great investment and I would recommend this to any and every golfer regardless of skill level.

T2GRN18 - keep up the great work! Love how you have a solid idea about your putting stroke. Keep us posted on any more lessons with your SPi instructor.

SwingByte offering some good value? I need to bug you on this!!

Congrats on three successful lessons my friend!! I am so pleased by your progression.

SwingByte offering some good value? I need to bug you on this!!

Congrats on three successful lessons my friend!! I am so pleased by your progression.

we used this device primarily to capture the overall premiss of being able to do repetitive putting strokes. The same ark, the same speeds with back swing and follow through. The putters head at impact. I know some of the other people that have gone through the process had other means of capturing this data too.

That is the same feeling that I got! Can't wait for the snow to melt!

I just finished my SeeMore fitting at Diamondhead country club with their head pro Hoppy Smith and had an unbelievable experience. Hoppy was as cool as they come and he could not have been more helpful. We started out down at their indoor practice facility as he asked me some simple questions about my experience and putter preference and then we headed to their outdoor green with a handful of putters. Once we arrived he had me putt a half a dozen balls with my current putter and grip. After examining my stroke he asked if I was willing to change a few things, and I told him that I was open to anything that he thought would help my chances of getting the ball in the hole.

The first change he made was to my grip. He quickly noticed that I held the putter in the palm of my hand and he asked me to hold it more in my fingers. He then had me extend my left index finger past the fingers of my right hand until the tip touched my right index finger. He explained that the left index finger, when extended, provides stability to the putting stroke.
image-1_zps94f63cd5.jpg

Next, he saw that my posture was off as I held my shoulders out in front of my body and I had too much of a pushing motion in my stroke. He had me stand up straight, drop my arm directly to my sides at a 90 degree angle, then bend my waist and bring my hands together. My eyes were also directly over the ball and he wanted me to be more over the heel than center.
image-1_zps0e82890b.jpg

image-1_zps7877b867.jpg

I already mentioned that my previous stroke was more of a straight line putt trying to go straight forward and straight back. He explained some of the basics of putting on an arc and letting my body rotate around my spine. He also had me hold my follow through as I released the putter head.

The last thing we really worked on was alignment. With the help of the triangulator I realized that my perception of my line was not reality. I've decided that I've got to do a better job of getting behind the ball and properly lining it up before I stroke the ball. Crazy thing is that once lined up properly as I stood over it it looked wrong even though the string proved it straight.

All in all it was a lot of changes that kind of shocked my system. After almost an hour of trying this new stroke with an assortment of SeeMore putters I felt really good about the progress we made.

Choosing a putter- This was really difficult because seemore has so many quailty putters. I really liked putting with both the si2 and fgp, but in the end we went with a 35 inch mfgp2 that was a degree flat. We went with the mfgp2 because I really liked the mid mallet look and it's alignment aids helped me put the ball on a good line. I went with an oversized grip and can't wait to give my new SeeMore and rst technology a go on the course soon.

After we finished Hoppy asked me to grab my bag and that'd we'd put some swings on video. He spent an extra hour and a half letting me swing away and he gave me a ton of tips and advice. I hate that it was a 3:30 hour round trip because I would love to go to him for full time instruction. At the end of the almost 3 hours we spent together it was by far the most helpful instruction and experience that I have had in my golf journey. I can not thank THP, SeeMore and Hoppy enough for setting all of this up and I encourage all of my fellow forum members to find a SeeMore instructor near you to give this amazing experience a try.

Nice write-up. I am going to love following your progress throughout the event. If you embrace the changes I am sure this good change your game for the better.

Nice write-up. I am going to love following your progress throughout the event. If you embrace the changes I am sure this good change your game for the better.
I totally agree. I've gone back and forth with my confidence on the putting surface and hope these changes will solidify this part of my game.

Awesome writeup, sounds like a real eye opening experience and you walked away with some great food for thought and tips. He sounds like a great pro, so nice of him to go the extra mile and help out!

Awesome write up Lambro, it sounds like you really got some great information that will be very beneficial to you and your putting going forward. Isn't it amazing how something you never really even pay much thought to (posture, alignment, stroke) when it comes to putting makes such a big deal. Good for you, I'm so glad you got to go though this, you are going to lay the hurtin' on some people on the greens in July!

Lambro, did he use the Seemore medicine ball at all with you? I see it in the background on the green along with the triangulator.

Lambro, did he use the Seemore medicine ball at all with you? I see it in the background on the green along with the triangulator.
He did, we worked with it as we were talking about my stance and posture.

excellent write up Lambro. Glad you were able to make the trip for this. Can't wait to hear how you like your mfgp2 when it arrives.

Awesome Lambro. The SeeMore SPi experience is awesome.

Great write up Lambro! It's funny you said that about the amount of time Hoppy spent with you. From my own experience, I paid 225 for three lessons, part of that 225 I was able to pick out a FGP style putter, so I though the lessons would probably be 30 minutes each. Not even close, every time I went in there I was there a minimum of 2.5 hours. I figured I ended up receiving roughly 7.5 hours if instruction and a putter. My instructor said he just loves watching people learn the technique and better their game. But in a nutshell, that is so very much like the entire SeeMore experience. Just creaking awesome

Back