SeeMore SPi Experience

I had my lesson yesterday with SPi instructor May Wood at the SeeMore headquarters. May's a great person and even though it was my first lesson with her, I could tell she's a natural instructor.

We worked on my alignment, weight distribution in my stance, the connectedness of my arms/shoulders and torso, and the length and pace of my stroke.

More importantly, we talked about how to practice with a purpose. We went through 4 different drills. The basic message was - don't just stand on the putting green, putting balls and hoping they go in. Work these drills.

It was a great session and I look forward to many more during my MC prep.

nice man, care to share any of those drills?

Look boys! Had my sister check my mail and she sent me these pics...
A06ADFD7-E04A-4FF2-8F67-FEB8E3D510EE-1219-0000005AF7BFB2E5_zps0ebab00b.jpg

AC66C4CB-B76F-4DEE-B84D-07FFFCCD5423-1219-0000005B786A20A7_zps2eac6ae4.jpg

More details after work...

Nice Frogger! I got a e-mail from FedEx and mine has shipped as well. Very qucik turn around and it should be in my hands by the weekend.

Nice Frogger! I got a e-mail from FedEx and mine has shipped as well. Very qucik turn around and it should be in my hands by the weekend.

Pm me and tell me how you got FedEx to email I get ups but not FedEx

I had my lesson yesterday with SPi instructor May Wood at the SeeMore headquarters. May's a great person and even though it was my first lesson with her, I could tell she's a natural instructor.

We worked on my alignment, weight distribution in my stance, the connectedness of my arms/shoulders and torso, and the length and pace of my stroke.

More importantly, we talked about how to practice with a purpose. We went through 4 different drills. The basic message was - don't just stand on the putting green, putting balls and hoping they go in. Work these drills.

It was a great session and I look forward to many more during my MC prep.

Great stuff Wade! What 4 drills are you working on?

Bullfrog - Seeing that return address, I finally "get" your THP name. Nice!

Look boys! Had my sister check my mail and she sent me these pics...

More details after work...

Nice, have to love getting the white boxes! I have one showing out for delivery today too.

Nice, have to love getting the white boxes! I have one showing out for delivery today too.

Now the day can't go fast enough! Come on 6 pm...

I just wanted to touch base again on all the information you guys have been posting about your fittings. I mean it when I say that they have been just outstanding and full of so much helpful information. I've taken some of it to heart and today's round saw one of the best performances on the green. Thank you all...well done!

Good write ups guys! Fun & informative to read!

Great write up Tim! Can't wait to see your beauty. Ours will almost be twins!

Yessir. I saw that in your pics haha. Slightly different but very closely related!

I'm glad you enjoyed it Dan.

I felt it important to clear your mind and get you back to neutral. You start to make the ball get in the way of YOUR natural path. That will breed consistency and more solid contact. That is what SeeMore and the SPi is all about. Starting neutral and staying there to achieve a powerless and free motion.

Keep up the great work and continue to keep your mind clear.

great putting my friend!!!!

I'm glad you enjoyed it Dan.

I felt it important to clear your mind and get you back to neutral. You start to make the ball get in the way of YOUR natural path. That will breed consistency and more solid contact. That is what SeeMore and the SPi is all about. Starting neutral and staying there to achieve a powerless and free motion.

Keep up the great work and continue to keep your mind clear.

great putting my friend!!!!

You know Chris, when you first said this during my lesson, I was not quite sure what you meant. Especially when I thought of the phrase: "You want effortless power, not powerless effort!" from someone on the golf Channel or GD or Golf mag.

But as I keep practicing my technique, I think I understand better, and the idea of a neutral position, and just making a swing and letting the ball get in the way of my swing - is really helpful. I'm pretty sure that most of my misses are when I "help" with my hands/arms, or when I feel myself trying to hit the ball.

I think this is a great concept for all THPers to think about using. Let the ball get in the way of the swing. Then the swing feels - I would call it "effortless" rather than "powerless", but I think the feeling is "I'm not exerting myself to hit the ball", I'm just letting the club swing naturally round my neutral setup, basically powered by gravity and the turning of my shoulders around my spine.

All I know is - I can feel when I'm doing it correctly, and when I do it this way, I don't miss.

Last edited:
nice man, care to share any of those drills?

Sorry for just getting back to this.

Drill 1:

Putt with a bungie cord wrapped around your arms and body. Literally. This gives you the feeling of taking your hands and arms out of the stroke and letting the shoulders control.

Drill 2: Place a tee 6 inches behind and to the inside. Place another 6 inches ahead and to the outside. Practice putting 10-footers with that 12-inch stroke to a metronome, set to about 76-78 bpm, with the takeway on the beat and the strike of the ball on the beat.

Drill 3: Distance drill. Putt with 12-18 inch towel placed behind the hole. Do not let the ball go beyond the towel.

Drill 4: Putt one-handed, with the opposite arm across your chest, holding onto the opposite shoulder. Do both sides.

Came home today and saw this!!
100_0272_zpsd7f83ba0.jpg

Opened up this amazing little white box and found not only my MC putter from SeeMore, but also some goodies!!

100_0273_zps0c72750d.jpg

100_0274_zps498d4260.jpg

SeeMore Hat!!

100_0275_zps0e742d16.jpg

Putting video!!

100_0276_zps67be0ef8.jpg

Triangulator!!

And MOST IMPORTANTLY my Morgan Cup Putter !!!!
100_0281_zps283f12d1.jpg

100_0279_zps2cfd27b5.jpg

100_0278_zpsfa0526c1.jpg

Blue Groovy HeadCover!!

100_0280_zps53cfc41a.jpg

Stunning Milled Face!

100_0283_zps4846f8bc.jpg

Gorgeous FGP PTM!

Nice WCBM. If I don't say so myself...

Back