New Srixon Ball Selector

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw a tweet from Srixon saying they have updated their online ball selector. http://www.srixon.com/ball-selector/

Srixon1.png

It allows you to put in your handicap, current ball, spin, preferred spin, and other pertinent information, and even asks your preferred colour.

Here's what it said I should play:

Srixon2.png

Check it out and let us know what you were recommended!

Went through the process and my normal gamer was recommended! Feel good with the confirmation.

WE RECOMMEND:
Q-STAR TOUR YELLOW

The new Q-STAR is designed for players who are looking for an all ability ball with Z-STAR performance. The process of precisely tuning the ball's STAR performance (Spin, Trajectory, Acceleration and Responsiveness) during development enhances total playability on every shot, allowing you to shoot lower scores.

q-star-tour-yellow.png

Seems we're the same Canadan. I was also recommended the XV

Z-Star Tour Yellow. I do love that ball.

Seems familiar lol.

I'll give it a try, never played any srixon balls.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Went through the process and my normal gamer was recommended! Feel good with the confirmation.

q-star-tour-yellow.png

I was pleased to see the same original selection for me as well buddy... In the section where you mention what ball you're currently playing, what'd you say? I said the Bridgestone B330 (my 2012 gamer) and I think that is a big part of how they consider the response. Interesting that distance or swing speed isn't involved at all in this one.

This is what I got fitted too.

z-star.png

I was pleased to see the same original selection for me as well buddy... In the section where you mention what ball you're currently playing, what'd you say? I said the Bridgestone B330 (my 2012 gamer) and I think that is a big part of how they consider the response. Interesting that distance or swing speed isn't involved at all in this one.

I actually said I was currently playing the Q-Star. Suppose I could use the B330-RX and see what it spits out.

XV for me too.

I wanted to use the DUO as my current ball but it wasn't an option so I used HBT.

I actually said I was currently playing the Q-Star. Suppose I could use the B330-RX and see what it spits out.

I changed only what ball I was currently playing leaving everything else the same and it recommended the Z-Star SL.

Guess that makes sense given it is taken into account the spin properties of the 330-RX and was looking for something that spins the same or more.

I changed only what ball I was currently playing leaving everything else the same and it recommended the Z-Star SL.

Guess that makes sense given it is taken into account the spin properties of the 330-RX and was looking for something that spins the same or more.

That's pretty interesting -- It's a unique take to consider current balls rather than swing characteristics, but any attempt at in depth research on these balls gives a great idea of what kind of swing speed should be playing each. What's got you liking the Q-Star over the SL buddy?

That's pretty interesting -- It's a unique take to consider current balls rather than swing characteristics, but any attempt at in depth research on these balls gives a great idea of what kind of swing speed should be playing each. What's got you liking the Q-Star over the SL buddy?

I have yet to play the SL. WE sent me a sleeve but waiting for my swing to come around a bit better before using them. I just love the Q-Star though, standard Z-Star was not good for me off of the tee.

Rather encouragingly it recommended me the same ball as a currently do, the z-star! Good job as I have about 6 dozen!!

I put in the B330-RX and asked it for just a little more spin, and it put me in the Q-Star.

Was recommended the Z-Star SL... Never tried that one.

Just went through it (using the B330 RX) and it spit out the Z Star SL

z-star-sl.png

I said I wanted the a little bit more spin greenside (not saying the Bridgestone doesn't do that, just that's what I wanted.)

Very cool and very informative!

well i'll be......

z-star.png

Srixon says I should play what I like to play already. Got hooked on this ball last year. Skeptical at first, believer now. Always keep a few in my bag.

z-star-sl.png

I said I wanted the a little bit more spin greenside (not saying the Bridgestone doesn't do that, just that's what I wanted.)

i've always wanted to try out the SL....

z-star-sl.png

identical to my experience...too bad the chrome + is about to come out!

I did it for fun (Zstar), but won't take it seriously until the new balls come out in August. And even then, I may have been forced to switch by then :( If the new Hex Blacks come out and the old ones go on sale, I'll be grabbing them. Only ball better than the Zstar for me; if they're on sale cheap I'll get them as I won't mind destroying 2-3 a round. New Zs will have to be 2014's ball probably :(

It spit out the Q Star for me, which I have been meaning to try! As soon as I get through my few dozen backlog of old balls...

It recommended the Z Star XV, which is the same ball I played for most of last year including the Morgan Cup. I like it!

It recommended the Z Star XV, which is the same ball I played for most of last year including the Morgan Cup. I like it!

Same for me. I am pretty surprised by that. I usually play Q-Stars. May have to pick up a sleeve of these.

Back