New Adams Hybrid Proto

It looks fantastic. It is not a shape that would inspire confidence when I look down at it but it sure is beautiful.

Just a little peek at a new proto that was spotted in a Tour player's bag recently.

proxy1-L.jpg

proxy-L.jpg
looks nice.. but.. I cannot help but thinking driving irons are coming back.. remember driving iron from last 90s ? disappeared less than 2 years.. then callaway came back with it last year. now adams coming out with this one. Mizuno did that with original FLI-HI which didn't catch on..
I guess they have to come up with something to make people spend money continuously...

The final product-ish :In stores May 15th

BHF2u24CQAANVJo.jpg

I can't see the pic, but if its the one I think it is, I wonder if they are putting out two versions of this. Because the pic I have seen of the white one looks very different from the proto that is in tour bags. Not that I think they wouldn't get a different version, but I find it interesting because they seem like two very different clubs. Because they are refering to the white version as the 9031 Proto and this black verison is refered to as the DHy. Just wonder if there is going to two different models or if this Dhy is a true tour proto that will never see a day in my bag.

The name "Super 9031" is strange to me. I can't helping thinking it should be called "Super 90210".

The name "Super 9031" is strange to me. I can't helping thinking it should be called "Super 90210".

They always used to use numbers with their clubs, the 9015d is still one of my favorite drivers ever.

looks like it fits right in with their current line up.

They always used to use numbers with their clubs, the 9015d is still one of my favorite drivers ever.

Oh I know. It's just every time I say 90, I want to finish it with 210.

I like that. When it comes to hybos, the smaller the better for me.

Not a club I would play but I'm sure everyone here could hit that thing about 230 and work it both ways. :bulgy-eyes:

Are we sure that's the production model? If so, it kind of goes against some things that were said in the article Ary posted, including the white paint being not a great option due to the size/shape.

Are we sure that's the production model? If so, it kind of goes against some things that were said in the article Ary posted, including the white paint being not a great option due to the size/shape.

I'm pretty sure we are talking about two different clubs here.

That's why I put "ish" at the end. Some were saying on twitter that it was the final project, but remembering what was posting here I was a little sceptical.

Not really since ALL of their woods/hybrids are white now.
Sure I was just surprised as this new club seemed to go back to their black theme and shaped quite different than others, plus there is a slot on the crown of the white one and not on the black from what I can tell, I bet it's two different clubs.

My apologies if that's a completely different club, just looked similar, so wouldn't sure if the first one was a "tour only" model and that would be production or what.

My club got a demo of the Adams Super DHy and I am super impressed. I usually can't find a hybrid I like because I hit them all too high or can't hit them as straight as a long iron. I've been playing a Titleist 503H the last 6 years as no other hybrid allows me to hit it low and high. This new Adams is very impressive and I will be retiring the Titleist and maybe even my 4 iron and put 2 of these in my bag. I'm just need to decide what 2 loft's to get these in. I'm leaning towards the 24*(205 yards carry) and the 18*(225 yards carry). I'm going to play around today with the demo 21* and I'll report back.

My club got a demo of the Adams Super DHy and I am super impressed. I usually can't find a hybrid I like because I hit them all too high or can't hit them as straight as a long iron. I've been playing a Titleist 503H the last 6 years as no other hybrid allows me to hit it low and high. This new Adams is very impressive and I will be retiring the Titleist and maybe even my 4 iron and put 2 of these in my bag. I'm just need to decide what 2 loft's to get these in. I'm leaning towards the 24*(205 yards carry) and the 18*(225 yards carry). I'm going to play around today with the demo 21* and I'll report back.

You and I are in the same boat. I need to try one out. Probably will wait 6 months until they are half-price, though.

Back