Swing Shot Cyclops Pro On-Course Video Camera Preview

That's really some good quality of video. Quite surprised.

This seems interesting. If you download v1 on your computer is the video compatible with that program?

Good stuff Jake! Quality is pretty darn good.

I think a remote would be handy for the range so your not stressing the timing aspect but obvious added costs there.

About how far did the camera have to be setup from you to get the full swing in frame?
It was about 10 feet behind me and I just sort of guessed and it turned out well.

This seems interesting. If you download v1 on your computer is the video compatible with that program?
I don't know what v1 is, should I be looking into that?

V1 is swing analyzation software where you can draw lines to check positions, swing plane, etc.

Pretty neat how it starts and stops automatically. Might be helpful to have an audible beep like 5 seconds before the record starts and a remote like was mentioned. Can't wait to see how the GPS portion works.

Last edited:
The video is pretty good on it. Is there any way to get a video on how you set it up and take break back down for the golf bag. I realize this requires to taker a video of a video recored but just interested haha

Jake, once you turned it on and just practiced normally, how many videos were junk and how many were useful? I guess I'm wondering what percentage of the videos you end up just throwing out.

Here is a youtube video of a fellow named Dan who is using the swingshot. I discovered him while doing research for the swingshot, and this seemed like the best video showing what it records a round like. He had no golfing experience, and wants to see if he can make the pros after 10,000 hours of practice, and lessons. So he quit his job and is doing it! He wants to prove that talent is Overrated, and have found that in order to excel in a field, roughly 10,000 hours of “stretching yourself beyond what you can currently do” is required. I believe he is 3900 hours in and has a 5.7 handicap. He documents his journey on his website. Quite interesting.

Plus I want the swingshot now, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
This should be fun to watch for sure, not only for the Cyclops...but Jake on video! Use something along the basic lines and can be inserted and removed from the turf quickly on the course. The Cyclops looks pretty sturdy and even though it is much bigger than what I use, seems like it could be removed and put back in the bag pretty quickly. Not sure how much space it would take in a non-staff bag set up though.

Mine sets up about 50" so it towers above the clubs...how high does this set up in the bag Jake?
Does it compete for bag space, or does it hover above most of the clubs?

Jake, once you turned it on and just practiced normally, how many videos were junk and how many were useful? I guess I'm wondering what percentage of the videos you end up just throwing out.

I'd say probably 1/3 of the videos were useful this session. Now keep in mind, I didn't change the timer at all. I just hit range mode and record. I think if I actually read the directions and set the timer better I could increase this a lot.

I'll be hitting the range tomorrow and will try this out again and also use it facing me for another view of my swing. I'll update you guys and of course post a video or two of my amazing swing. Haha!

Do you have to buy swingdrives (single use)? If so how much do they cost? Or is it just a usb cord? Could be deterant for me if it has an extra cost. Maybe was commercial version or something, but seen on YouTube.

Do you have to buy swingdrives (single use)? If so how much do they cost? Or is it just a usb cord? Could be deterant for me if it has an extra cost. Maybe was commercial version or something, but seen on YouTube.
I can't say I know what you're talking about. I did not have to buy anything additional though, everything came with the device to charge and connect to the PC.

I really want to look into getting something different for video editing, something that will allow me to use slow motion and something that makes it easier to spot the swing in certain positions. I looked at V1 but I don't think I need to pay for something like that. Cookie uses something that allows him to put slow motion to his videos, anyone know what that is? There should be something free I can get to be able to just do some of the basic things I'm looking for. Slow motion and/or frame by frame playback would be great. I wish the Swing Shot had an app but basically it just records .mov files so it's easier to watch and edit universally I suppose.

It used to be. It's a pretty cool site. You can go ultra slo-mo and I think you can add the lines and all that good stuff.

It used to be. It's a pretty cool site. You can go ultra slo-mo and I think you can add the lines and all that good stuff.
I've browsed around a bit and it looks really cool and seems to be free. I've registered for an account, I'll see if I can get something uploaded after my lunch time range session and post a link here.

Thanks Hawk!!

No problemo buddy. I think it allows others to see your videos and then offer suggestions, just so you know.

ya, researched further. The commercial version has a chip that is single use, and needs to fit into a usb adapter to work. I believe it is for rentals.
Jake, if you are able, can you try the mobile app too to see if it simplifies anything (uploading to youtube, etc.) Pretty sure I'm going to buy this within a week either way, seems great!

Sure thing Shifty!

People asked me a question of how far I had the camera positioned from me in my videos. Here is a good explanation on their FAQ section of their site.

Capture-20_zps8efa7904.jpg

Well I have no patience, lol, so I bought it off their website. I noticed alot of you are wondering about analysis software, so I emailed Dave at swinghot after I bought it. This is what he said; " I’m assuming that you are using an iPad or iPhone or android to review the video is that correct? If so, the video will work on both V1 and Coaches Eye Apps that you can find on the app store for around $5.00 US.

Because we pride ourselves on the high quality of the video that the SwingShot captures, I recommend the Coaches Eye as it maintains the crisp image better than V1. I also find that it is easier to manipulate on Coaches Eye. There was a recent update to Coaches Eye that allows for side by side comparison too."
Hope this helps.

There is also another free app called Ubersense Coach that maintains the high quality and is very simple to manipulate. Check it out too.

There is also another free app called Ubersense Coach that maintains the high quality and is very simple to manipulate. Check it out too.
Thanks and welcome to THP! I'll check it out.

I did not take the Swing Shot out with me yesterday because I was playing in a group and did not want to distract the other players. I'll get out by myself again here soon and get some more videos for you guys to check out.

Back