Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im hoping yours is making it to the outing! And I will thank you later.

As long as white rhino doesn't need it back by then, then yes

As long as white rhino doesn't need it back by then, then yes

Ok zenger just hooked me up with a 910 hybo @ 19* that he shipped today that I am going to test out and I will be hitting the covert with my instructor and fitter during my lessons. I will still have a big gap between the 19 and my 5i(26*) so that spot needs filled with something

Ok if he doesn't I want to give anything and everything I can a shot to fil out my bag. This is gonna be the first yr I end up with 14 in the bag.

So i got a guy with a hardly used r11S 9* w/ an X stiff 7M3 down to $150, we set a date to meet, then the day before he sells it to someone else.. Wtc.

So i got a guy with a hardly used r11S 9* w/ an X stiff 7M3 down to $150, we set a date to meet, then the day before he sells it to someone else.. Wtc.

Probably got a better price outta someone. Sounds like you were low balling him pretty hard. (If that's what you wanted to pay, I ain't mad at ya') But if he got more from somebody else then you can't be mad at him. That's a pricey setup.

How were ya'll going to meet up, JF lives in Michigan.

Well I'm stuck between two choices for my new irons. eBay has new TaylorMade MB custom fit 5-pw for $540. A good friend of mine is shopping his Titleist 712 MB 3-pw dgs300 for $450. I've hit his irons and I hit them very well. But same goes for the TM mb. I'm stuck

Tapa Slice

Probably got a better price outta someone. Sounds like you were low balling him pretty hard. (If that's what you wanted to pay, I ain't mad at ya') But if he got more from somebody else then you can't be mad at him. That's a pricey setup.
He had it listed for $175.. I wouldve given him $150 and a doz better balls

He was talking about when JF was selling his ipod and agreed on a price with someone, then someone offered more so he sold it to the next guy.

I'm pondering wedge setup. I think I'm going to pull my 61* SCOR and replace it with my 56* Vokey. Go 45*, 49*, 53*, 56*, 57*. I like that idea.

I'm pondering wedge setup. I think I'm going to pull my 61* SCOR and replace it with my 56* Vokey. Go 45*, 49*, 53*, 56*, 57*. I like that idea.

I take I your 56 is high bounce and 57 is low bounce?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

56* and 57*? Id be curious to hear your reasoning

One for sand and one for full shots?

I take I your 56 is high bounce and 57 is low bounce?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Spot on.

56* and 57*? Id be curious to hear your reasoning

Rhyno is basically correct. I like the high bounce of my Vokey, but I like the low bounce ability of the SCOR. I pretty much never use the 61*, so this will give me more options around the green.

Its Friday?!!??!

I went to the driving range at lunch with a friend who is just starting to play. He had a set of Taylormade irons (I think they were R9s, maybe R11s) with regular flex, ultralight, graphite shafts. I tried his PW, which I proceeded to hit 150 consistently. That's usually a hard 9i with my current irons.

I'm now wondering whether I should (a) go back to GI irons, or (b) get a shaft fitting for my current irons.

Stupid, buttery, Mizunos.

I went to the driving range at lunch with a friend who is just starting to play. He had a set of Taylormade irons (I think they were R9s, maybe R11s) with regular flex, ultralight, graphite shafts. I tried his PW, which I proceeded to hit 150 consistently. That's usually a hard 9i with my current irons.

I'm now wondering whether I should (a) go back to GI irons, or (b) get a shaft fitting for my current irons.

Kind of surprising, you have a pretty strong swing dude. Better launch, or were you going with a more smooth, even tempo'd swing?

Do you really want a PW that goes 150? Seems like that would make for a huge wedge gap somewhere. My PW is 125-130 and that's A-OK with me. :alien:

Kind of surprising, you have a pretty strong swing dude. Better launch, or were you going with a more smooth, even tempo'd swing?

No clue. I was catching the TM PW well (I was hitting it pretty well in general this afternoon), and my jaw dropped when I saw where the ball was landing with the PW. I didn't feel like I was swinging differently. The ball seemed to fly a touch higher, but the flight was straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back