Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really want a PW that goes 150? Seems like that would make for a huge wedge gap somewhere. My PW is 125-130 and that's A-OK with me. :alien:

I would have to completely change my irons and wedges if I switched to those TM irons. My 50* is about 120-125, so there would be a 20-30 yard gap between the 50* and the PW. I'm also wondering if the irons were set with stronger lofts, so that the PW was effectively a 9i.

Pondering everything Taylormade right now. Just found out I'll have a shopping spree at a pro-am in a couple of weeks. I've been pondering i20's for a while, but I may just have to pick up a set of Rocketbladez now...

MT 3i/4i

Hawk-pondering the almost top of my bag setup. X Utility, X Hot hybos, MT irons. Most likely I'll stick with what I have. Wedge ponder continues. More on that Friday. :thumb:

#WPF pays off.

7E80E669-44ED-4F68-B85A-757AD64FB9F4-4480-00000B3560DD0D95_zps0f606579.jpg

I went to the driving range at lunch with a friend who is just starting to play. He had a set of Taylormade irons (I think they were R9s, maybe R11s) with regular flex, ultralight, graphite shafts. I tried his PW, which I proceeded to hit 150 consistently. That's usually a hard 9i with my current irons.

I'm now wondering whether I should (a) go back to GI irons, or (b) get a shaft fitting for my current irons.

Stupid, buttery, Mizunos.

The Mizuno's are bound to be weaker in loft as well buddy.. I wouldn't put a ton of stock in it beyond the lighter shafts and stronger lofts.

I already forget.. you rocking S300's in the 58s?

Seriously pondering offing the Clicgear in favor of a carry bag, but only if I can find one with the Woode System for a decent price or trade.

The Mizuno's are bound to be weaker in loft as well buddy.. I wouldn't put a ton of stock in it beyond the lighter shafts and stronger lofts.

I already forget.. you rocking S300's in the 58s?

Yep. DGS300

i agree on the lofts as well. I've stepped back from the GI club ledge. I'll stick with my elitist Mizunos for now.

He was talking about when JF was selling his ipod and agreed on a price with someone, then someone offered more so he sold it to the next guy.
Oooh. Thx for clarifying

Yep. DGS300

i agree on the lofts as well. I've stepped back from the GI club ledge. I'll stick with my elitist Mizunos for now.

I like your Mizzies. They are quite nice.. I hear they also make GI irons..

How about XHPros? Did you hit OGs on the range Saturday?

I like your Mizzies. They are quite nice.. I hear they also make GI irons..

How about XHPros? Did you hit OGs on the range Saturday?

the XHot pros are nice. If I was pondering irons (and I'm not really), I'd take a long look at the Razr X MBs from last season. Love those irons.

the XHot pros are nice. If I was pondering irons (and I'm not really), I'd take a long look at the Razr X MBs from last season. Love those irons.

better start sweet talking your Myrtle partner now!! Maybe he'll let to take a couple swats in Ohio....

Oh and I agree, those things are gorgeous (although hardly GI hahaha)

I'm currently pondering a 3 wheel push cart that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

I don't need anything fancy but a local course only has 2 wheels and those are worse than carrying my cart bag.

I'm currently pondering a 3 wheel push cart that doesn't cost an arm and leg.

I don't need anything fancy but a local course only has 2 wheels and those are worse than carrying my cart bag.

Awhile back you could get refurbished clicgears fairly cheap, I got a new 3.0 for 200$ and I love it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Awhile back you could get refurbished clicgears fairly cheap, I got a new 3.0 for 200$ and I love it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

i got my 3.0 new on craigslist for $150. the new model just came out so you can probably get 3.0's for around $120 in good condition, and the refurb'd 3.5's for around $140 i believe..

speaking of clicgear's, im in strong ponder mode for one of those clicgear seats. been playing some really long and hilly courses lately and could really use one of those.. especially with how long our tournaments have been running (sometimes as long as 6.5 hours), it would be nice to be able to take a seat whenever and wherever..

I'm pondering selling the two Skycaddie SG5s I have and getting a SGX.

I'm pondering selling the two Skycaddie SG5s I have and getting a SGX.

Love my Skycaddie SGX for the most part, definitely something to ponder hardcore

I'm pondering giving a different method a shot.. Something to help promote forward roll for the time being. Thinking 001 or 006.

Oh, and I want to be just like blugold.

I'm pondering giving a different method a shot.. Something to help promote forward roll for the time being. Thinking 001 or 006.

Which Seemore is that?

I like your line of thinking. I still like my method putter.

I like your line of thinking. I still like my method putter.

I really enjoyed the roll I got on the 003, just didn't care for the style I guess. It's just in the back of my head right now as I watch the balls pop and bounce off my putter face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back