Cleveland 588 TT Irons Preview Thread

Really intrigued now with the TTs. Dan those are some phenomenal numbers. I think you found your MC irons....maybe.

Really intrigued now with the TTs. Dan those are some phenomenal numbers. I think you found your MC irons....maybe.

Canadaniel straight up murders these irons.
i tried to match his numbers...but the shaft flex was too stiff and the wind inside the simulator changed directions, and my foot hurt that day and i was hungry for lunch and the sun was in my eyes.

but the TT's are super awesome irons.

I thoroughly enjoyed the TT's when I hit them, but I only hit a 8i so that may be a reason. I found them to be super smooth in the stock shaft configuration and also quite forgiving. More forgiving high/low than the R11's for sure.

i tried to match his numbers...but the shaft flex was too stiff and the wind inside the simulator changed directions, and my foot hurt that day and i was hungry for lunch and the sun was in my eyes.

Hahahahaha

all valid reasons.

That sim wind is crazy at times.

Hahaha you are awesome dude!!!

It happens to the best of us. Next time pack a sammich.

And I thought I was the only one who hates the sim wind!

And I thought I was the only one who hates the sim wind!

With all the Chipotle that gets eaten, there probably was some sim wind :bomb:

Had these back in the bag again today, 7-PW paired with the 5/6 MT irons.

I really love the TT irons. Such a good offering from Cleveland this year. After struggling for the first bit of my round with my contact, I received a heck of a tip to add to my pre-shot routine that really had me hitting these well.

Distance and accuracy is just there for me. My only struggle with them is ball flight at times, but that goes with any club for me, really.

When hit on the screws, these irons are without a doubt the longest I have ever hit. One shot comes in to mind from today that really showed me the distance they are capable of. Par 5, I have around 250 in to the pin. Deciding to play it safe, I lay up with an 8iron. I absolutely nuked it, high ball flight, and an absolutely pure strike. I got a good kick and a bit of roll, but I was left with 54 yards to the pin...

Tough, tough decision I have on my hands between the MTs and TTs/

You are KILLING me!!!

...go read the MT thread about the long irons... :alien:

I read JB's post and that was enough. My interest is well beyond piqued. Dang you.

I read JB's post and that was enough. My interest is well beyond piqued. Dang you.
Dude, I struggle a lot with my ball flight with long irons. Not with those... hah!

Had these back in the bag again today, 7-PW paired with the 5/6 MT irons.

I really love the TT irons. Such a good offering from Cleveland this year. After struggling for the first bit of my round with my contact, I received a heck of a tip to add to my pre-shot routine that really had me hitting these well.

Distance and accuracy is just there for me. My only struggle with them is ball flight at times, but that goes with any club for me, really.

When hit on the screws, these irons are without a doubt the longest I have ever hit. One shot comes in to mind from today that really showed me the distance they are capable of. Par 5, I have around 250 in to the pin. Deciding to play it safe, I lay up with an 8iron. I absolutely nuked it, high ball flight, and an absolutely pure strike. I got a good kick and a bit of roll, but I was left with 54 yards to the pin...

Tough, tough decision I have on my hands between the MTs and TTs/

That's a pretty impressive strike with an 8 iron my friend! It's also something I fear a bit with irons that are a bit more forgiving, in that they have a 'sweet spot' that can send the ball upwards of 120% of the intended distance. It was one thing I watched for very closely during my hour on the sim with them, and was pretty impressed that the ones I feel like I really 'tagged' did not go longer than maybe 5-10 yards more. Not enough to freak me out like the last set of GI irons I owned.

War that is definitely a nuked 8 even if you got a really good bounce! What is a normal 8 for you?

That's a pretty impressive strike with an 8 iron my friend! It's also something I fear a bit with irons that are a bit more forgiving, in that they have a 'sweet spot' that can send the ball upwards of 120% of the intended distance. It was one thing I watched for very closely during my hour on the sim with them, and was pretty impressed that the ones I feel like I really 'tagged' did not go longer than maybe 5-10 yards more. Not enough to freak me out like the last set of GI irons I owned.

ala the burner 2.0 nukes?

War what is the ball flight struggle you see with them at times?

Those were the ones. Always an adventure out of the rough.

yeah I think with these you can pretty much lock in your distances and like you said worse case you nuke one and only adds 5ish more yards

War that is definitely a nuked 8 even if you got a really good bounce! What is a normal 8 for you?
With the TT 8i, I am consistently seeing around 155 yards.
War what is the ball flight struggle you see with them at times?
Same as with any club dude, mid flight. Above a line drive.

That's an extra 40yds I hope that was almost all roll off the bounce and not a true flyer!

That's an extra 40yds I hope that was almost all roll off the bounce and not a true flyer!
I have been going with the swing easy approach with my irons lately. When I first started playing the TTs, and tying to hammer them, I was seeing a bit more distance. THis shot was absolutely struck perfectly though, and it did take a great kick and roll.

I have been going with the swing easy approach with my irons lately. When I first started playing the TTs, and tying to hammer them, I was seeing a bit more distance. THis shot was absolutely struck perfectly though, and it did take a great kick and roll.

It's amazing how the swing easy approach can produce better results more often than not when you catch one pure, than when you try to hammer one!

I'm really lookin forward to hitting these outside in 12days!

Back