Master food choice comments??

Bubba won. He can certainly choose what he wants to serve.

With that said, he opens himself up to criticism when he has that as his menu. It's just not the right choice for an event like that. But, as I say for most things, to each his own.

But, with that said, is that menu out of Bubba's character?

Bubba won. He can certainly choose what he wants to serve.

With that said, he opens himself up to criticism when he has that as his menu. It's just not the right choice for an event like that. But, as I say for most things, to each his own.

Why would that open him up to be criticized? Because Faldo didn't like it or think it was appropriate? That's silly he should eat what he wants, he won the darn thing.

Master food choice comments??

Apparently Faldo served fish & chips and tomato soup the year he hosted. I guess the defense of that meal is that it would be representative of his country?

Yep.
The way I understand it, the champion picks the menu and picks up the bill. However, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing somewhere that you can still have alternate meals. The champions menu isn't the only food on offer. I'll be honest, Bubba's menu doesn't grab me, but as the champion it's his right to serve what he wants. If it doesn't grab you, as in Faldo's case, choose something else. As someone that basically learnt to play golf by reading 'The Faldo Formula' hundreds of times, and hero worshipped him growing up, I gotta say, I now think he's complete bell end. I mean, having SIR Nick Faldo stitched onto your golf bag, come on!!!

Now I want to go practice so that I can win the Masters and make Nick Faldo eat CiCi's Pizza.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

But, with that said, is that menu out of Bubba's character?

Not really. But, I'm also not a fan of Bubba's antics, either. So, there's that.

Not really. But, I'm also not a fan of Bubba's antics, either. So, there's that.

But he's from Georgia. Don't you have to love him, by law or something.

I honestly was waiting for him to pick something ridiculous to try and be "cool"

Why would that open him up to be criticized? Because Faldo didn't like it or think it was appropriate? That's silly he should eat what he wants, he won the darn thing.

I don't really care what Faldo said, even though I agree with him. In my opinion, when you're being honored as the Masters champion and you get to pick the menu, grilled chicken and sides is not the right call. But, he's the champion, so he gets to choose.

He's from Florida

I honestly was waiting for him to pick something ridiculous to try and be "cool"

I don't see anything ridiculous about what he picked, but then again, I'm a poor uneducated southerner who eats fried chicken and mashed taters, not a fancy man from the UK who eats fried fish and french fries.

I think it's that I'm married to him, or something. But we should probably leave that to the Debate Thread.

He's from Florida

I don't see anything ridiculous about what he picked, but then again, I'm a poor uneducated southerner who eats fried chicken and mashed taters, not a fancy man from the UK who eats fried fish and french fries.

Well then. I learn something everyday. He just went to a Georgia college. Maybe that's where I got confused.

I don't either, I was just expecting something ridiculous.

I don't either, I was just expecting something ridiculous.

Oh gotcha, I could definitely see him ordering gator tail and frog legs, or some crazy Sushi. I would have loved to see what Faldo said then.

They should serve Haggis again.... Talk about a crap meal.......

If that's what Bubba wants, then that's what he'll get. If Faldo won, then he can get his choice.

Oh gotcha, I could definitely see him ordering gator tail and frog legs, or some crazy Sushi. I would have loved to see what Faldo said then.

Wow, now I really want sushi.

While I don't care for Bubba this is his party and if wanted to serve grilled chicken and funfetti cake then that's his right. So good for him in picking what he wanted, boo to Faldo for knocking it. But in Faldos defense, he sees this event for what it is and probably has a small issue with such a simple menu. But in the end good to Bubba for picking what he wanted and staying the course..

While I don't care for Bubba this is his party and if wanted to serve grilled chicken and funfetti cake then that's his right. So good for him in picking what he wanted, boo to Faldo for knocking it. But in Faldos defense, he sees this event for what it is and probably has a small issue with such a simple menu. But in the end good to Bubba for picking what he wanted and staying the course..

I actually have no issue with the menu, just the mystery game.

I'm kind of like JRod, surprised he didn't come with something crazy. I figured on some big dish he could name "The Bubba ...", that sounds more like him to me.

I actually have no issue with the menu, just the mystery game.
Yeah the mystery game thing is just Bubba being Bubba, sadly.

Why does it matter? He won, that Is his reward.. Just because he doesn't want some fancy food a lot of people would have to pretend to like doesn't make him wrong. I applaud him for his choice. If you win the masters you can pick PBJs for all I care
Well put, if you win you pick what you want, and who cares what others say!

I'm cool with it as long as there was skin on that chicken and plenty of salt. Otherwise I'm going to have to side with Faldo.

I see Bubba as being. A simple kind of guy. So the meal suits who he is. As for resources, the champion foots the bill, correct?

Back