The Official Tiger Woods Thread

Sorry, I'm not seeing this as evidence that Tiger is the anti-Christ. He was on a downslope where he dropped.

Best case, Tiger withdraws or disqualifies himself and calls out the officials for favoritism.

I don't realistically see that happening, but imagine if it did.

I hope so too. I'd like to see him at least DQ, but it would be great if he did call them out.

I just judge shots by the end result, not what happens in the middle.

Ahh, I see. I just judge them differently, I judge mine (and others) based on how close they are carried out to what/how they were intended to be played. To each their own, we do agree that the end result sucked.

I think tiger will dq himself
tap tap taparoo

No way. Any chance of that went out the window when they assessed only a 2 stroke penalty

Tapa Slice

screw it IMO there was no harm done with his drop it could rolled towards the hole as it was on a down slope it rested where it rested so... everyone drop the issue hes dropped 4 shots for a almost perfect shot... if you want him dqd he could just leave the game for good!!

Really????

It seems that none of the guys that actually play golf for a living think its a big deal.

What they tweet and what they feel may not be the same thing

Also tiger calling out officials for favortism just makes me laugh, hes gotten away with murder up to this point

But even the rules official didn't notice anything was amiss! They waited until the next day to even bring it up. You have to thusly assume that this was indeed called in by a viewer. Which is a whole new debate.

It's about being honest to me at the end of the day. I don't feel like tiger is being honest about it. I agree with you with the official but he also could have called the official in to ask about the drop if he was confused.

If Tiger wins, it must read...

2013 Master's Champion: Tiger Woods*

The more I think about this, this is not an issue at all if Tiger doesn't say in his post-round interview "I went back 2 yards." I think that started all of the armchair officials looking at the videos and this whole process. The "HD rule" is being explained as something happens that the player doesn't know about, and Tiger knew that he went back further than the original spot.

Sorry, I'm not seeing this as evidence that Tiger is the anti-Christ. He was on a downslope where he dropped.

Nobody said he was. And if you watched the drop, the ball did not roll.

It's about being honest to me at the end of the day. I don't feel like tiger is being honest about it. I agree with you with the official but he also could have called the official in to ask about the drop if he was confused.

I don't think he was confused tho. He didn't even ask one of his playing partners for their opinion which is normally the first step when questioning a ruling.

Tapa Slice

It is, but what was different is that it was brought to Lewis' attention prior to signing her scorecard, and she was assessed a penalty at the end of her round before signing her scorecard.

FWIW, I think it's silly that if the penalty is brought to your attention before your round is complete, it's a 2-stroke penalty, but if it's brought to your attention after the round (by TV or some other outlet), it's DQ. Call me a Tiger homer if you want, but that's my opinion.

Also never forget that the Masters knows that they are not only running a tournament, but there's running a TV show as well.

Very well said Ary.

I think it's ridiculous some want him to DQ himself. The rules clearly state that a 2 stroke penalty is now deemed an appropriate penalty. People who want him DQ'd are living in the past.

I can understand that, but I do think this whole situation is absurd. The official didn't think he was wrong, which instantly damned him to signing the card. Then a viewer calls in and says, "hey wait I think Tiger was wrong and the guy you pay to monitor that didn't notice." I just think the only reason he signed the card from the get-go was because NOBODY thought he broke the rule. Whether that's because they thought he was as "close as possible" or not remains unknown.

me too . hey philvedda where in cleveland do you live? i live around north olmsted area.

From north Ridgeville. Live in Amherst now

Tapa Slice

Lock it up boys... Lock it up

This thread has gone from educational to amusing in the blink of an eye. There are multiple posts showing exactly how he's not being dq'ed.

End of story now.

Back