Summer Memberships

Count me effing in. That makes me hate where I am and hate that my visa was denied even more.

Dude, my Bridgestone J40 that I ordered is a BOMBER! Love that GD ADDi 7 shaft!

To be fair you could not sniff these prices during our season either. Just so happens we can play during our off season unlike the colder climates.

I need to move, I remember my buddy telling my how cheap golf was in the summer when he lived in Phoenix. I would gladly pay $500 for unlimited simulator use in our offseason.

Brb, moving to where JB is. I could dig those fees, even in the extreme heat.

Count me effing in. That makes me hate where I am and hate that my visa was denied even more.

They could all use a good F&B person or general manager. You would do well.

Seeing photos and listening to you guys rave about these courses just reiterates how smoking those deals are.

Heck, my course is nothing special and I pay $150/month (plus tax) and around here it is a decent deal.

Seeing photos and listening to you guys rave about these courses just reiterates how smoking those deals are.

Heck, my course is nothing special and I pay $150/month (plus tax) and around here it is a decent deal.
I have a review coming up on River Strand...for that price...it's ludicrous.

Summer rates range down here at the decent courses from $29 to $59 and almost every place has range balls already out at the range if you pay for greens fees.

Ok wish our courses had free range balls :angry:. Sounds like it would only take 2 maybe 3 18's a month at your home course to pay for it plus you'd get the pools and social activities. Plus the range when you aren't playing.

Sounds like an easy choice to me.

Would you consider that expensive??

I'm contemplating joining somewhere

They could all use a good F&B person or general manager. You would do well.

Hurts even more. Dang visa regulations.

we have some pretty decent deals over here on the East coast of FL..not quite as low as JB's though

Would you consider that expensive??

I'm contemplating joining somewhere

No, I don't. Have strongly considered a much nicer and closer nearby course for $300/month but they don't allow push carts so it was a no go for me.

No, I don't. Have strongly considered a much nicer and closer nearby course for $300/month but they don't allow push carts so it was a no go for me.

I was early for a round last week on a course I play quite regularly and the owner asks me to go for a coffee. Sure why not. This course does green fees only, in all it's years never had or wanted members. It's the course i did a review on. So we are chatting and she asks would I be interested in a weekday membership. I said yes straight away. She told me they were considering doing it for maybe €400 ($480 roughly) and that it would be by invite only. This means they would only take on maybe 20/30 members

It would suit me down to the ground as i spend most weekends with Regina anyway

Man those look like some great rates. I would definitely take advantage of that Waterlefe membership if I were in the Sarasota area.

When I come down in July I definitely want to play river strand and waterlefe and university park. Maybe even get another one in as well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

If I were in your situation I would be hard pressed not to join UP. With it being so close you could run up in the afternoon and play 9 or even 18 very quickly, plus unlimited range use so close to you for 6 month.

Summer golf is just so silly cheap here. You can play top rate courses that are 100+ in the winter for 25 bucks. Last summer I played Pine Barrens, a top 100 course, for $16. That is just stupid.

Yea, but are those same courses still in good shape during the summer?

Yea, but are those same courses still in good shape during the summer?

Yep, the majority of them are still in great shape, not quite as firm or fast, due to rain, but very lush and the greens still roll true.

Yep, the majority of them are still in great shape, not quite as firm or fast, due to rain, but very lush and the greens still roll true.

This without question. Its year round golf for a reason.

Wow those are some great rates, wish clubs here offered a six month membership, would jump all over that!

Couldn't sniff those rates in Vegas, although no one offers a summer membership, its either a weekday membership, 7 day membership or you can get players cards. Cards only offer you a discount off the rounds of golf, 15-20%.

Went over to University Prk today to check out the rest of the facility since we know the golf stuff and came away impressed. Craziest part of this deal is at the price of the other 6 months. It goes to $435 a month for full golf. The club is just awesome. I guess it pays to live in an area that has a lot of residents leave for 6 months a year.

Went over to University Prk today to check out the rest of the facility since we know the golf stuff and came away impressed. Craziest part of this deal is at the price of the other 6 months. It goes to $435 a month for full golf. The club is just awesome. I guess it pays to live in an area that has a lot of residents leave for 6 months a year.
Awesome course, awesome practice facility, awesome price....#jealous

This type of thing will certainly be on my list of things to check into once we decide to make the move to Fl..

For many it signifies golf season beginning and in other places it means it is ending. Down in FL it means cheap golf. Almost every private club down here is offering their 6 month memberships and they are dirt cheap.

Waterlefe $250
University Park $500
Riverstrand $500
Palm Aire $400
The Meadows $500

These are just some examples and are not per month, but for the next 6 months total. This is full golf membership (as well as fitness, tennis and social) and as many that have played in this area know, these are some incredible golf courses.

The per round deals are so good and there are 37 golf courses with in 40 minutes, so one does not have to join of course, but it is tempting.

Thanks JB! I didn't realize clubs in Florida did that. I wonder if there are in clubs in Jax. Fl. that have the same deals... I'll have to do some research and find out! Thanks for the heads up!

Back