Adam Scott Wins The 2013 Masters - Will It Propel Him?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The THP Tour Spot takes a look at the 2013 Masters and asks a little question at the end.

http://bit.ly/129HdDF

Seems like a decent guy. I hope it does.

Fantastic play off. Glad to see Scott win this.

I think it will propel him. He has come so close in other tournaments, I think winning a major boosts the confidence so we will see him winning more often. Those previous chokes held him back a while, he needed this to get over the plateau

I really hope this isn't the last major for Adam. Really think this could release the demones that have hunted him at majors in the past.

Well done Adam Scott, he earned that win!

No because we thought he was done for after the British last year. He is a solid player and will be in contention in future events regardless of how he finished today. Look at all the first time winners over the last 3 years. They haven't been propelled yet. It's an amazing accomplishment but I think he has a solid career whether or not he won today

100% yes...he is all around top notch and this will take the weight off his shoulders that has been there for years

Great job by Scott. I think it will propel him to multiple majors. He will be able to look back at this tournament and see all the putts he made which has held him back. The one variable with Scott would be if they ban anchor putters.

I do think that Scott will win a few majors in his career. Dominant? Probably not. But he has the talent and now the momentum to propel him forward.

I think this will propel him to new heights. I see multiple majors in his future. He came very close last year and closed it out this year.
With His swing, personality, game and caddie he should
Win a few more and start realizing his true potential. He is not a flash in the pan type champion.

Yes, he broke through the ice, no stopping him now. One of the best ball strikers on tour.

Yes this win will propel him to more wins. He has always had tons of talent a d he finally can now know that he can pull through in the clutch.

I think it will propel him similar to the way Phil propelled after his first Masters win.

I think he'll win another major somewhere down the line. I'm not sure if he'll ever get to #1 in the world with his putting, but his ballstriking is extremely good.

Interesting that the average age of Masters winners is 32 years old. Adam Scott right now is 32 years old.

I bet ernie els is happy

Still think he's way behind the curve for the amount of talent he has. Pretty late in life for his first major.

Winning is huge. I am not sure if these means he will contend in more tourney's but we will see his face everywhere. This is a huge boost for Titleist as much as it is for Scott.

I hope this sets him free to do what he is capable of with his talent. If his putting ever gets a bit better, he will be an absolute force on tour. I will, as always, be pulling hard for him anytime I see him in the field.

I think this was a tremendous confidence builder for Scott, he's been on the cusp of winning a major so many times and just couldn't finish it, this time he did. He's going to be a contender many more times and now he knows how to cross the line into the winners circle because he's done it. He is propelled!

Glad to see him pull it out.
Sent from my RM-845_nam_vzw_100 using Board Express

He's got at least another 5 years at his 'golf peak', and probably 10 years as very competitive. Should contend several more times, winning will come down to the flatstick....I just don't think he can consistently putt under pressure.

Yes, it will propel him. He has so much talent that it was only a matter of time. I think this was his breakout moment.

Unfortunately only got to see the highlights but WOW! What a way to end it - congrats to Adam Scott! Great for Aussie!

Back