Callaway 2013 Wedges? Mac Daddy 2

I personally (I'm sure most agree) don't care who designed the club if it performs well. I'd have no issue with them rigorously marketing that he designed it to take a shot at CG, but is it really necessary to stamp it on the wedge?

THPing on Tapatalk

This is a prototype as has been stated numerous times.. The finished product may look nothing like this

I wasnt speaking to the technology packed in them, just saying the looks dont really do it for me. That's the thing about golf, everyone has their preferences when it comes to looks. Not sure I would want "MackDaddy" stamped on all my wedges.
Yup. I am quite the opposite here. Personally I like this wedge. 1st wedge from Callaway I can say I like :)\
besides the looks which I like, I also like the sole grinding at least from what I can see from the photos.

I hope they offer the copper finish again.

I'd like to see a matt black finish that won't rust.

Just now catching up, those look great! Mr. Cleveland has done some great work this year with Callaway!

looking pretty slick; hope they have lots of loft options

Honest question to those referencing and taking is with the "Designed by Roger Cleveland" on these clubs, does it also bother you that Vokey's have "Vokey Design" on them?

Last edited:
Honest question to those referencing and taking is with the "Designed by Roger Cleveland" on thee clubs, does it also bother you that Vokey's have "Vokey Design" on them?

Yes it does actually, but not as much. Reason being that those have always been like that, and the brand is built around the vokey name. Callaway wedges at least since I can remember have never had the name of the designer on them.

Personally I see this as taking a shot at CG, not trying to built a brand around the guy who designs your wedges.

THPing on Tapatalk

Vokeys are the name of the wedges. Theyve always been vokeys.

If callaway wanted to call these the "Callaway Roger wedges", that would be fine.
Honest question to those referencing and taking is with the "Designed by Roger Cleveland" on thee clubs, does it also bother you that Vokey's have "Vokey Design" on them?

This is much more subtle, and much more appealing to the eye from a clutter standpoint. Its a better balanced graphic as well.

Titleist-Vokey-Design-SM4_640.jpg

Cleveland, Roger Cleveland makes amazing wedges these look stunning. I'm now waiting to see the first post for Wedge Ponder Friday. The only thing I don't like is the Mac Daddy stamping.

Last edited:
These wedges look great, love the grind of them. You can tell they'll be super versatile and those grooves!!!! Yes!!

Honest question to those referencing and taking is with the "Designed by Roger Cleveland" on these clubs, does it also bother you that Vokey's have "Vokey Design" on them?

I don't care what's on the bottom as long as they look good standing over them.

These wedges look great, love the grind of them. You can tell they'll be super versatile and those grooves!!!! Yes!!
I heard yours are going to say "Daddy Mack"

Either that, or, your three wedges will be stamped with "Wiggity" "Wiggity" "Wack"

I heard yours are going to say "Daddy Mack"

Either that, or, your three wedges will be stamped with "Wiggity" "Wiggity" "Wack"
YES!!!! Your coolness with me just rose through the top of my meter! Kris Kross will make ya JUMP JUMP!

YES!!!! Your coolness with me just rose through the top of my meter! Kris Kross will make ya JUMP JUMP!

please don't wear your apparel backwards

I don't care what's on the bottom as long as they look good standing over them.

Most of us are that way buddy, I'm right there with ya.

warm it up Kris

Well, I'm pretty hard to please with wedges and I'm liking where these are going. Like to get my grubby little paws on a couple.

The agressive milling combined with the dark finish really make these wedges stand out. If they work half as good as they look, Callaway has a winner.

Hmm if what Harry said earlier, then these will be coming out around my birthday.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

So wait, Callaway hires the person who for years designed the other brands wedges that became so popular, they now put his name on their wedge to raise awareness that he is part of their team and designed these wedges, and this is somehow a "bad" thing to do? What did I miss?

I guess when Mizuno hired Bettinardi and had his name on their putters they were tacky as hell too.

WOW! They look amazing. Can't wait to give them a test.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Back