Explosions in Boston during Boston Marathon

Explosions in Boston during Boston Marathon

So in response to the Boston explosions yesterday, everyone around my area is freaking out. There were reports of a suspicious backpack in our area today, not sure of it's serious or a backpack that fell

9eqa7yne.jpg

heqy6apy.jpg

I meant to say I'm NOT TSA's biggest fan.

So in response to the Boston explosions yesterday, everyone around my area is freaking out. There were reports of a suspicious backpack in our area today, not sure of it's serious or a backpack that fell

9eqa7yne.jpg

heqy6apy.jpg

I apologize ahead of time. This is by no means a lighthearted thread, but a Hello Kitty backpack getting dragged off by EOD robots... It just had to be Hello Kitty, didn't it?

I apologize ahead of time. This is by no means a lighthearted thread, but a Hello Kitty backpack getting dragged off by EOD robots... It just had to be Hello Kitty, didn't it?

Yeah man, as scary as it may be, the hello kitty backpack was ironically comical, I bet and hope it's nothing. From what I read it was a backpack hanging on a fence by a school so more than likely it's a child's backpack that they forgot during Recess but they can't take any chances

Per CBS news the FBI considers the 20 year old Saudi a spectator/victim and not a suspect.

I have no idea if this has been posted yet. But Patton Oswald put this tragedy into perspective for me. https://www.facebook.com/pattonoswalt/posts/10151440800582655
Boston. ****ing horrible.

I remember, when 9/11 went down, my reaction was, "Well, I've had it with humanity."

But I was wrong. I don't know what's going to be revealed to be behind all of this mayhem. One human insect or a poisonous mass of broken sociopaths.

But here's what I DO know. If it's one person or a HUNDRED people, that number is not even a fraction of a fraction of a fraction of a percent of the population on this planet. You watch the videos of the carnage and there are people running TOWARDS the destruction to help out. (Thanks FAKE Gallery founder and owner Paul Kozlowski for pointing this out to me). This is a giant planet and we're lucky to live on it but there are prices and penalties incurred for the daily miracle of existence. One of them is, every once in awhile, the wiring of a tiny sliver of the species gets snarled and they're pointed towards darkness.

But the vast majority stands against that darkness and, like white blood cells attacking a virus, they dilute and weaken and eventually wash away the evil doers and, more importantly, the damage they wreak. This is beyond religion or creed or nation. We would not be here if humanity were inherently evil. We'd have eaten ourselves alive long ago.

So when you spot violence, or bigotry, or intolerance or fear or just garden-variety misogyny, hatred or ignorance, just look it in the eye and think, "The good outnumber you, and we always will."

Sadly, information is now available about all 3 people that were killed. One was an 8 year old boy from Dorchester, another was a 29 year old female from Arlington, and Boston University just announced that the 3rd victim was a graduate student there.

What happened yesterday is clearly still on the minds of everyone here. I'm working with a nurse tonight that was here yesterday, and she's doing an amazing job of holding things together. She told me and another coworker that she probably needs to have a good cry at some point, but she's not sure when that can happen. I also heard a story of a mother that had a pretty significant cut on her leg yesterday, but she also had 2 kids that were injured. She got in her car and drove to Children's Hospital because she didn't want to take up an ambulance that could be used for other people; her 2 kids and her were treated and released yesterday.

Yankee Stadium Tonight:
ynyhuseb.jpg

Sadly, information is now available about all 3 people that were killed. One was an 8 year old boy from Dorchester, another was a 29 year old female from Arlington, and Boston University just announced that the 3rd victim was a graduate student there.

What happened yesterday is clearly still on the minds of everyone here. I'm working with a nurse tonight that was here yesterday, and she's doing an amazing job of holding things together. She told me and another coworker that she probably needs to have a good cry at some point, but she's not sure when that can happen. I also heard a story of a mother that had a pretty significant cut on her leg yesterday, but she also had 2 kids that were injured. She got in her car and drove to Children's Hospital because she didn't want to take up an ambulance that could be used for other people; her 2 kids and her were treated and released yesterday.

One can only imagine what you guys are going through emotionally Amol, our hearts and prayers are with all of you guys close to the situation and it's aftermath.

Watching the press conference with the mother of the 29yr old that died. That is just heartbreaking. I am so heartbroken and angry at the same time. This is just so senseless.

I cant even believe my eyes as to what I just saw on FB. First off, I am a gun owner. I just saw people pushing the gun agenda based off of this tragedy. I am so angry right now. People are such sociopathic dirtbags. I hate the human race.

9eqa7yne.jpg

heqy6apy.jpg

There are going to be knee jerk reactions like this for a couple of days. Sometimes I wonder if other cities use tragedies like this as a training exercise. We gonna send EOD out every time a homeless guy leaves his empty 40oz in a brown paper bag on the curb? Rope off sections of lower Whacker Drive every other week?

I cant even believe my eyes as to what I just saw on FB. First off, I am a gun owner. I just saw people pushing the gun agenda based off of this tragedy. I am so angry right now. People are such sociopathic dirtbags. I hate the human race.

As my great Mayor of Chicago once said, "Never let a tragedy go to waste".

There was a rant of Facebook about some news reporter blaming it on right wing extremist.

Some people will use tragedy to push their agenda no matter what it is, relevant or not.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Isn't Ricin the poison used by the KGB during the cold War? Iirc there's not a cure for it.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Thought it was cyanide.

Certainly don't want to take away from the tragedy in Boston but this is developing now as well. There's no connection yet but I would venture to say there's a possibility. Ricin is fatal in very small doses.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/16/us/tainted-letter-intercepted/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Seems like now all the $%&!@+*@ pretenders are coming out of the woodwork. I wish someone could collectively slap some of these people in the back of the head with something heavy enough to hurt but not injure.

I was going to mention that I thought this would happen last night when I first saw this whole ordeal. I didn't want to say anything though because I thought that I'd just sound paranoid and I guess that I had hoped for a brief moment that congress would above all that.

Faith in humanity slowly being restored. Just got this email from a coworker that reads in part:
"Hi all, just wanted to make you all aware that a pizza shop in Cambridge (Anytime Pizza) donated several pizza's to our department tonight.

The delivery man stated they just wanted to say thank you."

Source: Officials believe bomb suspect ID'D
Says video from department store, tv station believed to have helped.

More info coming later

just saw that on CNN

Investigators believe they have identified a suspect in the Boston Marathon bombings, a source who has been briefed on the investigation told CNN's John King.

Suspicious packaged addressed to the President has also tested positive for ricin, according to the CNN alert I just got on my phone.

Source: Officials believe bomb suspect ID'D
Says video from department store, tv station believed to have helped.

More info coming later
Source?

Suspicious packaged addressed to the President has also tested positive for ricin, according to the CNN alert I just got on my phone.

yeah saw the white house press conference, FBI says its not linked to Boston based on their statement

Back