Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wedge covers will be needed

He can just use those silly black sockies they put on new clubs for shipping...

I said NO HATING! Hahaha

Due to their size, they do make quite a bit of noise when in a cart or walking with them.

Having all clubs covered except wedges? #winning

I am a serious golfer after all.

why stop at the wedges :)

wedge covers will be needed

Agreed. No reason to stop there... Hey, if you cover the rest of your clubs you can leave your putter nekkid without worrying that it will get dinged up! :alien:

He can just use those silly black sockies they put on new clubs for shipping...

don't laugh when I got my bro in law a Ping Wedge one year it came with that black sock on it, and he uses it as a club cover.

don't laugh when I got my bro in law a Ping Wedge one year it came with that black sock on it, and he uses it as a club cover.

Do you shame him for it?

One of the small reasons I switched to PING i20's. No more need for club covers with cast irons!!!

I'm pondering the top end of my MC bag since its time to order our irons. I'm leaning towards the 588 CBs...here's my dilemma.

Do I go with my current set up: driver, 3W, 18* hybo, 4-PW, 3 wedges, putter.

Or I could go with 5-PW and add a wood or hybo. Or I could go with a 3 or 4i from a more forgiving set (like the 588 MT or TT).

When in doubt, I vote for going with something you are comfortable with.

I'll also add that I don't think there's anything extraordinarily different about True Blue or Caledonia that should make you build your bag any differently than you normally would. It's just normal golf under more pressure, so play what you think you can play best with.

Nike-Flat-Bill-Tour-Golf-Hat-535752_010_A.jpg

Looking to get a 3-wood. Deciding between last years callaway razr fit, callaway x hot, or taylormade rocketballz stage 2 fairway wood.

Looking to get a 3-wood. Deciding between last years callaway razr fit, callaway x hot, or taylormade rocketballz stage 2 fairway wood.

Have you tried them all? Personally, I like the XHot (pro) out of those three the best.

THPing on Tapatalk

I'm gonna take my old LH putter I experimented with last week and chop off the neck. Then drill into it in the center and make it like an FGP minus the RST. Then torch the crap out of it.

THPing on Tapatalk

After the Trackman fitting I only could let myself buy 2 of the 3 woods, so, I am technically still in ponder mode on the XHP 3 wood for now...although I know for certain I am buying it soon.

Other than that, pondering hard on that new Callaway 60° wedge.

After my final lesson today I'm still on the fence with the X Hot 3W. Trying to find a happy middle ground with it. Good shots were just a little longer than the F5. Gonna try and work it out here in the next week. If not, back to pondering 3Ws.

After talking to my coach though I'm now hard pondering building up my grips some. He thinks it will help my grip pressure and allow me to not squeeze the crap out of my clubs. My fitter is quite reputable but we think he may have mismeasured. I wear a cadet XL that fits snugly other than a touch loose on the tip of my thumb. Any fitting gurus have any recommendations on what I should go with? He was thinking two or three wraps. May just experiment with my 7 & 8 to see what I like best...

After the Trackman fitting I only could let myself buy 2 of the 3 woods, so, I am technically still in ponder mode on the XHP 3 wood for now...although I know for certain I am buying it soon.

Other than that, pondering hard on that new Callaway 60° wedge.

If rumours are true, then you have plenty of time for that one.

After my final lesson today I'm still on the fence with the X Hot 3W. Trying to find a happy middle ground with it. Good shots were just a little longer than the F5. Gonna try and work it out here in the next week. If not, back to pondering 3Ws.

After talking to my coach though I'm now hard pondering building up my grips some. He thinks it will help my grip pressure and allow me to not squeeze the crap out of my clubs. My fitter is quite reputable but we think he may have mismeasured. I wear a cadet XL that fits snugly other than a touch loose on the tip of my thumb. Any fitting gurus have any recommendations on what I should go with? He was thinking two or three wraps. May just experiment with my 7 & 8 to see what I like best...

are your current grips midsize?

Bettinardi or Ping Scottsdale TR

Back from demo day. Narrowed down now. X Hot Pro, Rocketbladez Tour, or possible Cobra AMP Forged. Probably the first two though.

Pondering so many things right now.
1) 913d2
2) J40 4 Hybrid
3) J40 wedges

I dont need any of them which makes this ponder so much fun...it's purely for curiosity sake. I know I can mash the 913 in a sim but that doesn't mean it translates to the course.

You won't be dissapointed with the 913

bushnell rangefinder.... can't decide over the Z6 1M or the V3

bushnell rangefinder.... can't decide over the Z6 1M or the V3

Z6 is my vote, has performed phenomenally for me. What are the prices these days on these 3? Likely can't go wrong as they all use the same display IIRC.

Z6 is my vote, has performed phenomenally for me. What are the prices these days on these 3? Likely can't go wrong as they all use the same display IIRC.

I think the v3 is $300. Which is a pretty darn good price.

V3 is 300 I can get the z6 for 400 or 300 maybe off the bay. I'm leaning towards the Z6 the 1m is just overkill for me I think. Plus now I'm also pondering a garmen S3 as well. But I still want a rangefinder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back