Need a low trajectory driver shaft for a 115mph swing speed and a fade bias

ctuska

Reaction score
Handicap
8-10
Hello everyone!

I am in need of a new shaft for my driver. I currently have a burner superfast with the matrix xcon stiff shaft. I HATE IT!!!

I hit all my shots VERY HIGH and this shaft just baloons it! I have a fade to slice with the driver no matter how much I correct my swing.

Im thinking i may need a X-Stiff shaft but im also looking for a shaft with low spin and a very low trajectory.

Im going to get a R9 supertri and bring down my degrees to 7-8 degrees, but i want to hit the ball with a very low trajectory.

Please help!

Hello everyone!

I am in need of a new shaft for my driver. I currently have a burner superfast with the matrix xcon stiff shaft. I HATE IT!!!

I hit all my shots VERY HIGH and this shaft just baloons it! I have a fade to slice with the driver no matter how much I correct my swing.

Im thinking i may need a X-Stiff shaft but im also looking for a shaft with low spin and a very low trajectory.

Im going to get a R9 supertri and bring down my degrees to 7-8 degrees, but i want to hit the ball with a very low trajectory.

Please help!

R9 SuperTri is not what you want for low spin it's a very high spin head.

I have a aldila nv85x with a Tm tip. Pm me if interested. Very low launching low spin shaft.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Try the Matrix Black Tie or Miyazaki Kusala Black. I've heard both are very low-launching and low-spinning.

Try the Matrix Black Tie or Miyazaki Kusala Black. I've heard both are very low-launching and low-spinning.

Yep. I've had them both. Can't go wrong with either one.

I have been looking at the Kusala Black!

And With all the adjustbility of the R9 your still saying its a high spin head?

Need a low trajectory driver shaft for a 115mph swing speed and a fade bias

I have been looking at the Kusala Black!

And With all the adjustbility of the R9 your still saying its a high spin head?

Yes even if you loft it down it will be a higher-spin head than you may want.

Yes even if you loft it down it will be a higher-spin head than you may want.

Ok thank you! I have the need for a very low degree club head and the only way I can get it is by adjusting the taylormade head i figured.

Try aldila rip gamma or alpha in x. 115h sounds like x stiff to me.

Ok thank you! I have the need for a very low degree club head and the only way I can get it is by adjusting the taylormade head i figured.

It went be too far off from the superfast soon wise.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Black tie.

Try aldila rip gamma or alpha in x. 115h sounds like x stiff to me.

Thank you very much! I have been using stiff shafts my whole life but i feel the shaft getting away from me at times in my swing. I have never used an X-Stiff but everywhere i read a 115 swing speed would need an x stiff

Prolauncher Red x stiff , not expensive and will do the job

thanks to all who replied!

Hello everyone!

Please help!

Find a Diamana Whiteboard X shaft ('ahina). They are THE lowest launching or high swing speeds...

Thank you very much! I have been using stiff shafts my whole life but i feel the shaft getting away from me at times in my swing. I have never used an X-Stiff but everywhere i read a 115 swing speed would need an x stiff
115 with a smooth tempo could get away with a stiff, I prefer x I find for me it tightened up my shots I also play my driver at 44.5 low penetrating flight and swing speed 110-115 with a driver.

Find a Diamana Whiteboard X shaft ('ahina). They are THE lowest launching or high swing speeds...

I would disagree. They aren't for me. Might be for some, but certainly aren't the lowest launching for all high speed swingers.

If you want a lower spin head, the Anser, Classic, and J40 are all low spinning heads.

THPing on Tapatalk

My swing speed is in that range and I switched out my Burner for a House of Forged Patriot shaft, stiff flex tipped an inch. Love the combo and it's pretty affordable shaft

I would disagree. They aren't for me. Might be for some, but certainly aren't the lowest launching for all high speed swingers.

If you want a lower spin head, the Anser, Classic, and J40 are all low spinning heads.

THPing on Tapatalk

That's really strange because the whiteboard shafts have been low launching for high swing speeds since they came to market. I'm not a big Tiger fan but when he was hitting his driver really well and really long, it had a whiteboard shaft in it...

Agree with low spin head options. My Anser is very low spin/low launch...

Yep. I've had them both. Can't go wrong with either one.

Both great shafts! I am a high spin player and my swing speed is 107ish and I LOVE the Kusala Black in my Cleveland Classic 290 head. I have the S flex tipped 1" but you may need an X with that 115 swing speed. Bridgestone (J33R & J40) and Mizuno (MP630 & MP650) are low spinning driver heads as well.

If you're stuck on the R9 head, I recommend a Black Tie 7M3 in X.

What does one mean by tipped

What does one mean by tipped

Tipping means cutting down the shaft from the tip end (end that goes in the driver head). It results in a stiffer tip section. Tipping an inch may take a stiff shaft and make it play more like a stiff plus.

Back