Player Personal Logos

I don't like that any of them have their own logo, including Tiger. I think its douchey and egotistical, especially with guys who seem like they would be chill to hang out with, like DJ. I just can't see anyone as a normal human being when they have a graphic designer's interpretation of their initials plastered all over their stuff. And its not just golf - it happens in other sports as well, especially tennis. Worst offender - Roger Federer has a cardigan with his little "RF" logo on it that he puts on after pretty much every match (especially trophy presentations), even though he's sweating like crazy.

Yeah because old timey golfers never had logos. Like Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player or Greg Norman would never have logos.

I don't like that any of them have their own logo, including Tiger. I think its douchey and egotistical, especially with guys who seem like they would be chill to hang out with, like DJ. I just can't see anyone as a normal human being when they have a graphic designer's interpretation of their initials plastered all over their stuff. And its not just golf - it happens in other sports as well, especially tennis. Worst offender - Roger Federer has a cardigan with his little "RF" logo on it that he puts on after pretty much every match (especially trophy presentations), even though he's sweating like crazy.

Nike pays him big $ to wear those sweaters they make for him. Its a business, I would wear it without question. How is it any different than businesspeople getting their initials on their cufflinks or on their shirt cuffs?

I don't even know what ambigram means.

JN would be pretty simple for someone with a little skill though.

You only need one logo. Its the THP Logo and you rock it and bleed green and white dude.

a4evy3az.jpg

Rough draft

Yeah because old timey golfers never had logos. Like Ben Hogan, Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, Gary Player or Greg Norman would never have logos.

Yep, sure did. Hate those too. Love the golfers, they seem like class acts, but I just can't stand shameless self promotion like that.

Nike pays him big $ to wear those sweaters they make for him. Its a business, I would wear it without question. How is it any different than businesspeople getting their initials on their cufflinks or on their shirt cuffs?

It's not any different, I hate those too. I do a little eye roll when I see those as well.

It's just a pet peeve of mine. Can't really fully explain why, but it drives me crazy. I do understand that it's a business, but if it were me, I would want to just wear standard Nike stuff vs. something with my "logo" on it.

War Eagle, forget initials, just put this on the front of your staff bag.
images

If by rough draft you mean "badass" draft, I think I understand
Thanks dude.

Have always enjoyed designing logos and what not.

Ah, they can make a few bucks from it, so why not? They're not playing for the love of the game, they're in it to make a living. Some are in a position to make money from their "brand". I have no idea what, say, Keegan's brand stands for other than ADD, but whatever.

Golden Bear. Shark. Black Knight. Ring any bells? The initial logos (TW, IJP) seem a bit lame in comparasion, but it's their money and ego.

Doesn't really bug me, I think the last piece of clothing I bought because of the branding was a Motorhead T shirt a couple decades back.

Yep, sure did. Hate those too. Love the golfers, they seem like class acts, but I just can't stand shameless self promotion like that.

It's not any different, I hate those too. I do a little eye roll when I see those as well.

It's just a pet peeve of mine. Can't really fully explain why, but it drives me crazy. I do understand that it's a business, but if it were me, I would want to just wear standard Nike stuff vs. something with my "logo" on it.

But if you were responsible for making your own money, wouldn't you promote yourself?

Man, I really hate how all those independent landscapers in my area put their company logos on the doors and tailgates of their trucks...

Luckily I've got a friend that does graphic design who did the logo for our business. He's amazing, and I would put our logo on anything, including a golf ball, hat, shirt, etc. I co-own the business with a friend, so its personal enough. The full logo is both sides of the skull and wings.

314VD.jpg

I'm surprised Rickie Fowler doesn't have one yet.

I don't mind players having their own logos, I like it actually. I would love to make my own but I'm not about to embroider my shirts or hats or anything. Two of my brothers have their own logo (together) because they are cowboys and they use it for branding. I'll try to get a pic from them.

But if you were responsible for making your own money, wouldn't you promote yourself?

To some extent, yeah definitely. But just not that way. I'd rather people associate me, if I were a pro, with my play, personality, community outreach, etc. than some silly logo that get's plastered on polo shirts.

Just my outsider looking in perspective. My mind could very well be changed if I was part of it - it's become a major part of sports marketing, so I highly doubt that they can escape it from their sponsors.

To some extent, yeah definitely. But just not that way. I'd rather people associate me, if I were a pro, with my play, personality, community outreach, etc. than some silly logo that get's plastered on polo shirts.

Just my outsider looking in perspective. My mind could very well be changed if I was part of it - it's become a major part of sports marketing, so I highly doubt that they can escape it from their sponsors.

Do to work for a business with a logo? Do you have a business card with a logo?

Luckily I've got a friend that does graphic design who did the logo for our business. He's amazing, and I would put our logo on anything, including a golf ball, hat, shirt, etc. I co-own the business with a friend, so its personal enough. The full logo is both sides of the skull and wings.

314VD.jpg

That is a really sweet logo.

Do to work for a business with a logo? Do you have a business card with a logo?

Well yeah, but it's not MY logo. Totally different connotation.

A_og-W9CIAASIhA.jpg

Started long time ago. . Palmer..umbrella..Nicklas..bear. Player..knight.
Very common with athletes in all sports

tap'n from my big as Note2

Well yeah, but it's not MY logo. Totally different connotation.

No it isn't. Individuals ARE businesses nowadays. Tiger and Keegan are businesses. Not just puppets of larger businesses.

I wouldn't want to be just a puppet for any company. Logos are apart of that separation.

Back