2013 Ohio THP Invitational Recap & Picture Thread

Great pics. I certainly dont look as nervous on that first tee shot as I was. All I was thinking was, "just put it in play". Only later did I realize that I played a Precept Lady iQ on that shot. Maybe I need to play a ladies' ball more often. :thumb:
Many thanks to JB, GG and everyone else who worked so hard to make this event happen. Also much thanks to MikeDean, LargePhil and Tnolan for putting up with me. You guys made this event a lot of fun and made me feel welcome. Much respect for that.
Im seriously considering making the drive to Elgin for the Illinois Invitational. Elgin is only a 6 hour drive from Columbus and Im off work that week anyways. This event was a blast

I feel so bad. TGTT played lights out and we should have won but I crapped the bed so hard.

Feel terrible.

Grats BF and Zeng!
it happens to the best of us bro! Glad you got out and played

Where was the flag hat you could chip?

It was about 6' on to the green. It was flat. And I had chip yips so that was my most comfortable option at the time.

It was about 6' on to the green. It was flat. And I had chip yips so that was my most comfortable option at the time.
Chip yips are no good, looks like you played well. Happy for you bro.

I know just giving the "chutt" and you a hard time lol

That's a good looking shirt adwill!

Thanks MSB...had to represent the back-to-back National Champions while in Ohio State country, plus it was the two year anniversary of the tornados, so I thought it was extra appropriate.

Bear4Ever and I got back home mid-afternoon. Really enjoyed the trip and seeing so many familiar and new faces. The Ohio crew is definitely welcoming and a lot of fun to be around.

First off, thanks to JB and GG for making this trip up with the van and Mike and Dan for getting this setup. Inhartwetrust thanks for being my partner and not getting mad when I was blowing it up. Great partner and can hit a ball a long way. Would tee it up with you anytime.
Bear4 and Wade- Awesome time playing. Bear is a very consistent golfer and Wade is just a fairway finding machine. Enjoyed every moment out there. To everyone else who I met, it was a pleasure and can't wait for it again.
Also for the guys who toughed it out and played today. Hitman, Herenow, Wade, and my bro Mikedean. Weather held up and had a awesome time playing a fivesome. Everyone played decent but we laughed and had a blast. I would play anytime with any THPer.

Thanks MSB...had to represent the back-to-back National Champions while in Ohio State country, plus it was the two year anniversary of the tornados, so I thought it was extra appropriate.

Bear4Ever and I got back home mid-afternoon. Really enjoyed the trip and seeing so many familiar and new faces. The Ohio crew is definitely welcoming and a lot of fun to be around.
Glad to hear u guys made it back safely and enjoyed urself when here. See ya in atl!

Congrats Bullfrog and Zenger!

Just got home. Still in the glow of a great outing. I will update a little later tonight after dinner.

Just got home. Still in the glow of a great outing. I will update a little later tonight after dinner.

I felt like a midget standing next to you. Your a pretty cool guy for being a giant! Glad I met you and hope to play golf with you sometime. Glad you made it home safe.

Home safe!! Nice!!!

You're the man Phil. Seriously one of the kindest people I've ever met. Ohio is better for having had you buddy!

Great pics. I certainly dont look as nervous on that first tee shot as I was. All I was thinking was, "just put it in play". Only later did I realize that I played a Precept Lady iQ on that shot. Maybe I need to play a ladies' ball more often. :thumb:
Many thanks to JB, GG and everyone else who worked so hard to make this event happen. Also much thanks to MikeDean, LargePhil and Tnolan for putting up with me. You guys made this event a lot of fun and made me feel welcome. Much respect for that.
Im seriously considering making the drive to Elgin for the Illinois Invitational. Elgin is only a 6 hour drive from Columbus and Im off work that week anyways. This event was a blast

It was awesome meeting you buddy. We were talking (some of us) that no matter how many of these you go to, that first tee shot is still filled with so many nerves. You piped one right in the short stuff. Hope to see you in IL, and we can chat some more. You and your better half seem to just gel together, that is always great to see.

I feel so bad. TGTT played lights out and we should have won but I crapped the bed so hard.

Feel terrible.

Grats BF and Zeng!

TGTT, was hitting the ball great. Glad to see he and his girlfriend mix it right up and have some fun. Great people.

And we now know that you have dogs larger than tnolan which is just awesome.

Great pics and videos! Thanks for posting. Can't wait until Atlanta and the THP experience.

The home page is updated with this event on it. If you had a good time, leave a comment down there, or give a shout out to Cleveland and THP on twitter. Thanks everybody.

I felt like a midget standing next to you. Your a pretty cool guy for being a giant! Glad I met you and hope to play golf with you sometime. Glad you made it home safe.

Yeah, we had food, so no FEE FIE FOE FUM. No one in danger from the giant. :wink:

Phil -- glad you made it back safely.

I just skimmed through all of the videos. Seriously jealous of several swings. Stupid jerks with good balance fill up this place.

Zenger -- Do you look away from the ball during your swing? I watched your video a couple times and was more amazed each time.

Congrats fellas! Zinger was freakin sandbagging in Texas just so he could get a better partner in Ohio and win!! Haha kidding, much deserved!

It was awesome meeting you buddy. We were talking (some of us) that no matter how many of these you go to, that first tee shot is still filled with so many nerves. You piped one right in the short stuff. Hope to see you in IL, and we can chat some more. You and your better half seem to just gel together, that is always great to see.
Yeah, that was one of the few good shots I hit that day. Much have been the Precept Lady iQ ball.
Im planning on attending the IL event. Im off that week anyways and its only 6 hours away. No reason not to go.

Congrats winners! Of course everyone had an amazing time! Great pictures too

Yeah, that was one of the few good shots I hit that day. Much have been the Precept Lady iQ ball.
Im planning on attending the IL event. Im off that week anyways and its only 6 hours away. No reason not to go.

Awesome dude. Looking forward to seeing you out there. The nerves will get a little better. Maybe. I know they did for me.

Awesome dude. Looking forward to seeing you out there. The nerves will get a little better. Maybe. I know they did for me.
Lets just hope the ballstriking gets better. Let me know if youre up for a day trip to Madison during that week. Id love to show you around my town and theres some great courses in Madtown.

Back