Louis Oosthuizen 500 yard drive

200 carry, 300 roll with 1 hand!

That's some serious luck!

It's better to be lucky than good sometimes!

I want to see the rest of this. How close to the hole and how did he do with the drop, or was he OOB?

Saw this on Twitter yesterday. So awesome.

I want to see the rest of this. How close to the hole and how did he do with the drop, or was he OOB?

It looks as though he's just right of the green, because of the people standing around up towards the end. And the announcers say he'll end up pretty good if it stops where it did.

This can be a crazy sport.

I saw that late last night, but I can't remember how he actually did for the rest of the hole

If I remember right, didn't the ball actually roll up against the kerb? If so, not sure how he could have played it?

That first round of spectators were clueless the the ball rolling behind them. LOL! I wonder if that pads his driving distance stats.

~Rock

Lol that's pretty wild

Tapa Slice

I saw that late last night, but I can't remember how he actually did for the rest of the hole

If I remember right, didn't the ball actually roll up against the kerb? If so, not sure how he could have played it?

He would have taken a drop off the cart path.

I think he should get tested for using deer antler.

I had to Facebook this one.

I can't wait to watch the video, sounds like a bomb. I LOVE his swing, so fluid.

That's awesome....I have gotten a couple of bounces off the path before...but nothing like that!

So what did he make on the hole?

Last I heard, it ended up not being anywhere near 500 yards, because the cart path takes a significant diversion away from the hole.

I think he ended up with a par.

If only I could catch a break like that hahaha....at the end of that he was only able to pull off a Par...

Haha... that's cool. :D

Wow. I've had drives before where the roll out was longer than the carry.

I had some luck like this on #2 at Pipestone in Ohio. Hit my drive right, bounced off the hilly area to the right of the cart path, landed on the cartpath and caught the retaining wall and rolled to the bottom of the fairway. I was like 120 yards out on a 506 yard hole. I still think I bogeyed the hole, because I shanked my second shot.

you just can not make this stuff up!

Back